• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

METOO Movement weaponised

What is the deal with this specific type of white guy, same as Weinstein doing this crazy stuff? Do they have some kind of hidden privilege?

I wouldn't call this weaponization of the movement so much as this guy's past catching up with him, and yet, it would be nice if Dems could live up to their professed ideals some more and quit fucking the country in the ass.

DcpiuX1V4AAtN-a.jpg

Four Women Accuse New York’s Attorney General of Physical Abuse

After the former girlfriend ended the relationship, she told several friends about the abuse. A number of them advised her to keep the story to herself, arguing that Schneiderman was too valuable a politician for the Democrats to lose. She described this response as heartbreaking. And when Schneiderman heard that she had turned against him, she said, he warned her that politics was a tough and personal business, and that she’d better be careful. She told Selvaratnam that she had taken this as a threat.

DcogUL8W0AAaVHn.jpg

trumpag.jpg

How does he do that!?

I guess I'm too jaded from he said/she said from being falsley accused of child abuse in the early 1990's over ouji board Facilitated communication. It was found out the person (sic) had lied about it.

I was helping the university (while in grad school) do research on the subject when the defecation hit the ventilation system over FC.

Later,
ElectEngr

OK, let me rephrase that without the personal insult (sorry about that, but I get very angry about defending crimes like beating people up).

How do you get from "someone once lied about a ouija board" to "therefore all accusations of rape/sexual assault/sexual abuse/physical abuse are false"?

Please show every logical step between the premise and the conclusion, because that's a heck of a logical leap there.

I guess I'm too jaded from he said/she said from being falsley accused of child abuse in the early 1990's over ouji board Facilitated communication. It was found out the person (sic) had lied about it.

I was helping the university (while in grad school) do research on the subject when the defecation hit the ventilation system over FC.

Later,
ElectEngr

Fine. Then I got the premise wrong. Let's rephrase:

Premise: you claim that you were falsely accused of child abuse
(Logic goes here)
Conclusion: therefore, all accusations of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and physical assault are false

You still need to fill in the middle part there.

Gnomes_plan.png

(Logic goes here)
Conclusion: therefore, all accusations of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and physical assault are false

Do you really expect him/her to respond to your strawman? He/she did not write what you have assigned to him/her as a conclusion.

(Logic goes here)

Do you really expect him/her to respond to your strawman? He/she did not write what you have assigned to him/her as a conclusion.

Fine.

Then correct the premise and/or the conclusion, then provide the logic connecting the premise to the conclusion.

In what way did I misrepresent the premise and/or conclusion?

I'll admit, I once got in trouble for grabbing ass. I was 8 years old. I don't know where I got the idea from, but I grabbed some girls butt at recess and she told our teacher. The teacher called my mom. Good god, that was awful. Shame and embarrassment. Yes, I cried. Like a little boy.

I have never non-consensually grabbed ass again. That was 40 years ago, but it made a huge (maybe even a YUGE) impression on me.

What I wonder is not why these men do this. That's easy. Men are fucking horny. What I wonder about is how they lose the inhibition with respect to violating someone's person. Yeah, I've heard the argument about it being about power, and I don't deny that, but shouldn't power draw women to the man anyway? That is, it's no secret that powerful men attract lots of women. So why bother groping someone who didn't consent when you pretty much already have what you want?

I guess that's where the power thing comes in? But it's an anti-social and even sociopathic abuse of power, and so it seems it's about power + X.

I don't know. I'll never understand it, but my third grade teacher would be proud.

DcpiuX1V4AAtN-a.jpg

After the former girlfriend ended the relationship, she told several friends about the abuse. A number of them advised her to keep the story to herself, arguing that Schneiderman was too valuable a politician for the Democrats to lose. She described this response as heartbreaking. And when Schneiderman heard that she had turned against him, she said, he warned her that politics was a tough and personal business, and that she’d better be careful. She told Selvaratnam that she had taken this as a threat.

DcogUL8W0AAaVHn.jpg

trumpag.jpg

How does he do that!?

You are beginning to suffer from Trump's lack of self reflection. If your man was a paragon of virtue you may have a point. As it is...well, most of us can see that Trump has a major problem with projection. So really the only thing you're left with is this: Trump's base has no interest in holding him to any klind of decent standard. As long as he makes with the racism, all will be forgiven.

Fine.

Then correct the premise and/or the conclusion, then provide the logic connecting the premise to the conclusion.
Or you could reread his post, and try to find where he says the first thing about accusations that do not involve him...

therefore, all accusations of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and physical assault are false

I read his post as meaning that he was immediately skeptical because of his history with the FC bullshit.

That is different from your all or nothing characterization that I highlighted in bold.

I admit I never quite understood the mindset of men that do this either. Perhaps being raised by a single mom had something to do with it, I don't know.

therefore, all accusations of rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault, and physical assault are false

I read his post as meaning that he was immediately skeptical because of his history with the FC bullshit.

That is different from your all or nothing characterization that I highlighted in bold.

So?

It doesn't matter what connection he draws. Any connection he makes is going to create a premise and a conclusion that cannot be bridged by valid logic.

The fact that you think there exists some other version of the conclusion in which the logical connection becomes possible only reveals things about you.

So let's have the modified, corrected conclusion, then show the logical link between the premise and the conclusion.

I'm still waiting.

He brought it up in the context of complaining about the #metoo movement, so obviously he thinks there is some kind of connection. Since you are complaining about me, you also find some connection reasonable here. So let's have it. Correct the premise and the conclusion, then show the logic that connects the two. I'm getting tired of asking the same thing.

Fine.

Or you could reread his post, and try to find where he says the first thing about accusations that do not involve him...

Yes. I read the post.

He brought it up in the context of complaining about the #metoo movement, so unless he is given to interjecting completely unrelated topics mid-conversation, he must think there is some kind of connection between the Ouija board thing and other accusations.

If you think he is making a different connection than the one I identified, then say what you think that is.

Fine.

Yes. I read the post.

He brought it up in the context of complaining about the #metoo movement, so unless he is given to interjecting completely unrelated topics mid-conversation, he must think there is some kind of connection between the Ouija board thing and other accusations.

If you think he is making a different connection than the one I identified, then say what you think that is.

I'd say that SOME connection, inside his head (because that's ALL he talked about), is not the same as making the sweeping statement for all accusations that you read from his post. That's entirely in your head.

Yes. I read the post.

I'd say that SOME connection, inside his head (because that's ALL he talked about), is not the same as making the sweeping statement for all accusations that you read from his post. That's entirely in your head.

Then fine. Change the conclusion to something you find more reasonable, then show the valid logic connecting the premise and the conclusion.

Since there are rightists in this conversation, invariably, someone's going to try and change the premise and conclusion to

Premise: I was falsely accused of X
(Logic goes here)
Conclusion: therefore some accusations of X are false

The problem with this is that it is so vague that it does not explain why he felt the need to interject that observation into this conversation. If anyone wants to go that route, you are going to have to add something to the conversation to explain why he felt the need to interject that comment into this conversation. The above is too vague to be meaningful.

Everyone already knows that for every crime, there are false accusations. There would have been no reason to reveal a bitter, personal experience like that if all he wanted to do was to say that some accusations of X are false accusations. He felt some valid reason for interjecting that into this conversation, and clearly some of you find that interjection reasonable.

So help me out. Show me how it is relevant to a conversation about #METOO. Correct the conclusion and/or premise, then show the logic connecting the two.

Am I really asking for too much here?

DcpiuX1V4AAtN-a.jpg

DcogUL8W0AAaVHn.jpg

trumpag.jpg

How does he do that!?

Yes Trausti imagine supporting a serial abuser of women, you would have to be an idiot.

BTW https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Back
Top Bottom