• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Michigan militia members arrested for planning kidnap of Governor Whitmire

Any idea why the first jury hung, but the second jury had 12 Guiltys? Did the prosecutors try harder the second time around? Or did they accidentally let a hard-core Trumpst onto the first jury?

Any idea why the first jury hung, but the second jury had 12 Guiltys? Did the prosecutors try harder the second time around? Or did they accidentally let a hard-core Trumpst onto the first jury?
Probably a trumpet. It's going to be hard to prosecute the scumbags because of this.

my 2018 FB feed said:
Hitler’s Holocaust Started With Death Of One Journalist In 1932. Hitler Called Journalists “The Lying Press”. President Trump Has Called Journalists “The Lying Press” and “Enemies of the People”
2 Weeks Ago An American Journalist Had His Fingers Cut Off One By One, Then His Arms Were Cut Off, Then His Legs. All While He Was Alive. His Head Was Then Cut Off By Saudi Killers Wearing Headphones Who Listened to Music While They Butchered Him ☠️
President Trump Said: “Not An American Citizen, None Of Our Business” and “Saudi Prince Denied It Strongly. He is Innocent”.

Now Trump uses State TV and the unwitting media to tell his proxy goons to go kidnap/murder a politician who oppose him.
When his goons get caught he attacks that politician publicly and viciously... no repercussions. The Trump clowns were playing in the street again today right here in my own town.

I had thought that Hitler first went after (murdered or had murdered) a politician or two very early on? I'm not a scholar on his rise, so lots of the parallels probably escape me.

Google Night of the Long Knives. When Hitler became dictator, tey started rounding up communists, ciics, and other too.

Not able to view without signing up. Synopsis, pls?
Really? I've never signed up and get right through.

At a small late-October ceremony, Michigan State Rep. Rachelle Smit presented awards to twin brothers Michael and William Null.

“Michael Null is an outstanding example of the kind of person who is not content to sit idly while the forces of tyranny attack our Republic,” a certificate read. “Through his courageous efforts to expose the government’s false-flag Whitmer conspiracy, he has made it clear that we all have opportunities each and every day to put our love of country to good use in helping out our fellow citizens.”

The “false-flag Whitmer conspiracy” referenced in the document was a plot by members of a far-right militia group to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer in 2020. Five members of the plot were found guilty at trial, while another four pleaded guilty, and five more were found not guilty. The Null brothers were the last to be acquitted in September. Some figures on the right, including current and former GOP officials, are already moving to valorize them.

Seems that undermining the rule of law is a key strategy in the Maga playbook, not limited to elections but to turning people against the system at all levels.

Maga has a different idea about legitimacy of law. A law or the law is legitimate only if it cowtows to their values. If it doesn't it is okay to ignore it, fight it, or overthrow it if you have the power to do so.

At a small late-October ceremony, Michigan State Rep. Rachelle Smit presented awards to twin brothers Michael and William Null.

So...she gave them a participation trophy.

I haven't had a gander (a Michigander? I'll show myself out...) at this "award," but I'm guessing it is a certificate made out of whole cloth or - more likely - medium quality paper in a frame made by an outfit that isn't quite up to the snuff of making quality bowling trophies. Political theater played out in a VFW hall after (or perhaps before) a hearty buffet dinner that preempted the Thursday night bingo game. Or maybe it was the Friday night fish fry? I don't have enough information to be sure....and I'm totally not drawing on any sort of experience as a person who grew up in a small Michigan town where this sort of thing would be impressive to the locals who put MAGA flags in their yard and are currently rushing to get their Christmas lights up before the neighbors do, but...

I'm. Just. Saying.

Anyway, how 'bout those Lions?

Back
Top Bottom