• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ministry Of Truth being implemented

Oh, not the West, you have freedom of the speech where you can take a picture which shows one thing and post it as something opposite to that. That's freedom!
We also have the freedom to dispute. I triple dog dear you to try that with Putin.

We also have the freedom to dispute.
So why nobody is disputing then?
Because Putin won't let you? Over on this side of the ocean, we're constantly in disagreement on everything. You just refuse to see it and rather focus on what's been polarized & proselytized by Russian media.

Whatever his faults, Joe Biden is the most likeable centrist President since Ford or Eisenhower. So what's with "thebiden"? Is that a new meme on Trump Social? Or just broken spell-checker?

Let's go Brandon

Or as thebiden admin calls it, "Disinformation Governance Board".

Headed up by Nina Jankowicz, this board's aim is to suppress "disinformation" and save democracy, from the Russians?

How Orwellian.

Let's see. The ilks that support Trump, Naziism and QOPAnon are generally the same ilks that want to suppress the teaching of evolution, unless "intelligent design" is taught alongside it. Their zeal to ban CRT has led them to ban ordinary elementary school math texts. And here they babble — albeit without the ability to type a link — about thebiden's Orwellian "Truth"?

The ilks welcome lies from Russia that influence our elections, despite that some of the lying was illegally funded. Their Party now revolves around blaring from TV, net and print that the election was stolen, that Jan 6 was a false flag, and so on. Yet here they babble about Orwellian "Truth"?

Welcome to post-rational America! The idiocies would be hilarious, if they weren't so awfully tragic.

Because Putin won't let you?
Putin lets me dispute US foreign polices just fine, I have been doing it for decades.
Question was, why nobody in MSM disputes them, is it because Military Industrial Complex owns all these talking heads, along with Congress and the rest of your government?

Oh, not the West, you have freedom of the speech where you can take a picture which shows one thing and post it as something opposite to that. That's freedom!
Oh, America's free speech is even "better" than that.

Fox-QOP has the freedom to — and does — play audio of Nancy Pelosi that's been subjected to a digital filter to make it sound slurred.

Fox-QOP has the freedom to — and does — report a clause — not even a complete sentence — from Hillary Clinton's testimony that has the opposite meaning when the entire sentence is heard.

Fox-QOP has the freedom to — and does — change Biden's comment to teachers: "[the children] are like yours when they’re in the classroom" into “Biden Claims School Children Don’t Belong to Parents ("They’re yours when you’re in the classroom").

Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. Lying is the essence, the very raison-d'être, of today's QOP-Anon Party. That's why the Ilk spokesmen here claim to love "Freedom of Speech" so much.

I regularly cogitate on the causes for the present state of scientific illiteracy in the U.S. Fundamentally this is the root cause for why any person would favor a political candidate that espouses twilight zone realism. Humanity is certainly a bipolar species, that much is obvious, Maybe in the U.S. we've just become too comfortable and complacent causing natural selection to take its natural course with the human species. Maybe conflict and fantasy are the norm and rational observation is so new on the block that it will be another million years before humans are intelligent as a species. Who knows? But I find it all fascinating.

Putin lets me dispute US foreign polices just fine, I have been doing it for decades.

Hmm I see. What else does Putin let you do?
1651673367497.png

MSM may report from their own angle (whatever the owner(s) want really) while other news orginizations report a different angle. It's just how things are with US news media. I personaly (as I hope you as well) do not put too much stock in any one news orginization.

Who gets to define "disinformation"?
Reality, as revealed by the application of the scientific method.
Is all speech that questions or criticizes the government "disinformation"?
No. All speech that is factually incorrect is.
Why the hell would you want to give a law enforcement agency that power?
Because the world is full of cunts who are very effectively spreading lies in order to achieve personal benefit at the expense of wider society.

It's the same fundamental reason as why we give law enforcement agencies the power to stop bank robberies.
How very Soviet of you.
?

There's nothing Soviet about recognising the existence of objective reality. Quite the reverse.

Reality exists. Many questions have a right answer; Many deeply held opinions are simply and factually wrong.

People are entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts.
And why do we need a law enforcement agency for that?
Because highly effective liars are directly and maliciously harming other people, for the benefit of those liars.

Again, it's the exact same reason why we need a law enforcement agency for bank robberies. The world contains malicious people who seek personal gain at the expense of others, and we should not permit them to thrive.
Do you just trust everything government tells you?

No, of course not. What would make you think that?

I don't trust the police either; I expect them to have checks and balances on their actions. But that doesn't mean I don't think they should arrest bank robbers.
Then why on would you give the government authority to regulate speech? Hello?
Why do you think Russia is entitled to 'free speech' protections in the US?

Law enforcement has always been used to regulate speech. You are not allowed to make false claims to sell a product or service; You are not allowed to yell "fire!" in a crowded theatre.
It is unconstitutional in the US for the government to regulate political speech. That makes authoritarians like you sad.
There's no mention in the constitution of protecting "political" anything.

The US Constitution prohibits Congress from making a law abridging the freedom of speech; And yet this has been ruled not to prohibit speech of certain kinds and in certain contexts. Fraudulent advertising of goods is illegal, and you won't get far trying to defend such fraud in court by claiming the protection of the First Amendment.

Indeed, you would probably find yourself on contempt charges as soon as you responded to "Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?" with "No, because that would infringe my constitutional rights!"

Your pseudolaw is no more convincing than that of the Sovereign Citzen movement.
Political (and religious) speech gets the highest constitutional protection. Commercial speech, e.g., advertising, gets lower scrutiny, but still protected. You’re not an American so you may not get how the 1st Amendment works. But your authoritarian rantings hint it’ll make you sad.
The First Amendment explicitly mentions religion.

It says nothing about politics or political anything. Nor, for that matter, does it mention "commercial speech".

You're American, so your education may well have been poor, but the good news is that anyone (even people outside America) can read the US Constitution online, and let you know whan you are making shit up that simply isn't in there.
FFS. Just take the L and cry your authoritarian tears.

The First Amendment: Categories of Speech
If you bothered to read your own link, there are plenty of categories of speech (political and otherwise) that are not protected. For example advocating the overthrow of the gov't is unprotected speech as is speech that advocates a true physical threat of violence.

LOL;

The head of President Joe Biden's new Disinformation Governance Board has a history of pushing now-debunked claims that there are ties between Russia and Donald Trump, old and recently resurfaced tweets reveal. Nina Jankowicz promoted several claims from Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign on Twitter, including allegations that are now being looked into by special counsel John Durham. In November 2016, Jankowicz, a Russian misinformation 'expert,' tweeted: 'Husband texted me 'you have news to wake up to.' Never thought it would be this. Confirms our worst fears about Trump. I am horrified.'

Daily Mail

And this bimbo in charge of "disinformation" :hysterical:

LOL;

The head of President Joe Biden's new Disinformation Governance Board has a history of pushing now-debunked claims that there are ties between Russia and Donald Trump, old and recently resurfaced tweets reveal. Nina Jankowicz promoted several claims from Hillary Clinton's 2016 presidential campaign on Twitter, including allegations that are now being looked into by special counsel John Durham. In November 2016, Jankowicz, a Russian misinformation 'expert,' tweeted: 'Husband texted me 'you have news to wake up to.' Never thought it would be this. Confirms our worst fears about Trump. I am horrified.'

Daily Mail

Your post is disinformation.

LOL;

Daily Mail

No it's not. Apparently, Trump's former security advisor, former campaign manager, former staffer and a bunch of others including Roger Stone didn't go to jail. It was all a hoax. Meanwhile, Hunter Biden's laptop is fucking terrifying, worse than Benjamin Ghazi.

LOL;

Daily Mail

But his brain doesn't know that. Running on emotion can do that.

In July 1971, a few months before Australia's leader of the opposition, Gough Whitlam, became our Prime Minister, he visited communist China, where he met the PRC's Premier, Zhou Enlai, who said something similar.

Gough mentioned that Australia is a democracy.
Zhou Enlai asked: "What is a democracy?"
"Well," replied Gough, anyone can stand in front of our parliament and shout "The Australian government is corrupt and lying!" and they will not be arrested or come to harm in any other way."
Zhou said: "In that case the People's Republic of China is also a democracy. Anyone can stand in the middle of Tiananmen Square and shout "The Australian government is corrupt and lying!" and they will not be arrested or come to harm in any other way."

Whitlam's visit caused a great ruckus because the entire west was supposed to shun China. He was heavily criticised by one and all for breaking rank. The criticism ended abruptly when US President Richard Nixon announced shortly afterwards that he has sent Henry Kissinger to Beijing in order to arrange a visit by himself

Back
Top Bottom