• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Model On PFOX's "Ex-Gay" Virginia Billboard: I'm Proudly Gay And Not A Twin

I disagree that theists would accept that gayness could be totally a by-product of experiences.
But wasn't that exactly their argument against gay teachers in the classroom? A fear that they would 'turn our kids gay?'
That the threat that existed was that 'normal' kids would become gay from the experience of the gay predation?

See the words "We believe..." At the start of the phrase "We believe twins research studies show"?

Those words carry EXACTLY the same meaning as "There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that..."
That's not what "we believe" means. Its simply stating the evidence they found supports their hypothesis.
Nope. Belief has nothing whatsoever to do with evidence. 'We believe' means 'There is no evidence for'. Without those weasel words, they would be making the claim you suggest; adding them nullifies the claim, so that they have deniability. Their claim has the appearance of making a positive claim about twin studies - but it actually does not, due to the presence of those two words.
And research has shown that birth order corresponds with probability of being gay for males. So there is certainly something happening within a mother's body that can "turn" her male children gay.
That may be so; but this billboard makes no claim either way. It simply states that those who originated it have certain beliefs. They are being cowards as well as fools.

I disagree that theists would accept that gayness could be totally a by-product of experiences.
But wasn't that exactly their argument against gay teachers in the classroom? A fear that they would 'turn our kids gay?'
That the threat that existed was that 'normal' kids would become gay from the experience of the gay predation?

Oh, they'll accept it when they need it to vilify the gays. But it does pose a dilemma: when the straight kids who turn gay due to seeing and speaking to a gay person grow up, at what point do they turn from victims (where they were the helpless pawns of the gay recruitment underground) to being freely-choosing sexual predators who will continue the cycle of depravity? It must happen at some point, I assume, since all the gays choose their sexual orientation.

If Christians don't want men being turned gay they need to advocate for the abortions of third and later sons.

Identical twins do not have 100% correspondence of traits. All this shows is that it's not 100% genetics.

Since they have found the later the birth order the higher the odds of being gay that suggests it's something developmental--thus it looks like you can be born gay without it being genetic.

IIRC, that same study found that if the youngest son was also left-handed then there was no greater chance of him being gay than if he had been first-born. (And that these tenancies did not apply to lesbians.)

That being said, I know of a third son who is gay and left-handed.

exgaybillboard.jpg

Back
Top Bottom