• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Modulation of Gamma Ray Bursts for directed communication

Kharakov

Quantum Hot Dog
Basic Beliefs
Don't step on mine.
So, who is working on theories to use GRBs for intergalactic communication to young civs?

Could we use shells of material, or various gravitational effects (position black holes, etc.) to transmit a message across the known universe using the power of a GRB?

Shouldn't we look for evidence of encoded messages within GRBs from much older sections of the universe? Methinks the old civs would be the ones who already got the homework done and have gotten off a few messages. Maybe an old black hole decided to encode specific information, like the ingredients to grape Kool-Aid, in a GRB?

That would be awesome. And evidence that grape Kool-Aid is awesome. Which would be awesome. And the fact that it Grape Kool-Aid was universal would be... well, then we'd need to attribute a fundamental constant to GKA, obviously. Which is obviously the point I was trying to make... that I postulate the existence of a universal GKA constant, which determines the relationship between various forces that form the sensation of awesome grape Kool-Aid goodness.

To return to the Earth's surface press the button labeled 'De-Orbit Retro Rocket Burn'.

To return to the Earth's surface press the button labeled 'De-Orbit Retro Rocket Burn'.
You've been drinking too much Kool-aid. The button's label clearly states "Reorbital Entry Protocol Initiation Sequence Activator Joke".

I think the bits per burst would be incredibly low, it's not useful.

Back
Top Bottom