• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

More data about the Palestinians for you to ignore:

More data from the same survey for you to ignore:

This is a significant increase since January, when the PCPO found that just 49.1 percent supported such actions.

More than 93 percent of those polled opposed the disarmament of Palestinian militant groups, but 88 percent supported a long-term truce, according to additional statistics not included in the English version of the poll but reported by the Palestinian media.

<link>

Less than half of Gazans supported the rocket attacks before Israel began destroying the Strip again, killing hundreds of civilians, most of them children. And an overwhelming majority of Gazans support a long term truce.

I don't see why any of this is surprising to anyone.

Last edited:
And an overwhelming majority of Gazans support a long term truce.

"Well of course they support a long-term truce! That will give them time to build more tunnels and rockets with which to perpetrate genocide against Israel!"

:rolleyes:

It isn't often I agree with LP on Middle East issues, but I agree that we should ignore this "data".

You mean the Palestinians are angry with Israel?

What ever for?

I mean, what's 50 years of torture, oppression and theft?

What's wrong with these people?

More than 93 percent of those polled opposed the disarmament of Palestinian militant groups, but 88 percent supported a long-term truce, according to additional statistics not included in the English version of the poll but reported by the Palestinian media.

<link>

Less than half of Gazans supported the rocket attacks before Israel began destroying the Strip again, killing hundreds of civilians, most of them children. And an overwhelming majority of Gazans support a long term truce.

Yeah--a long term truce to bring in more weapons.

http://www.pcpo.org/index.php/polls/114-poll-no-191

88.9% support the firing of rockets from Gaza at Israel. (And note that only 2.4% opposed.)

While the number of shooters is small they obviously have very widespread support.
there is a very big difference between ignoring and simply not giving a shit.
you and yours may have a insatiable throbbing raging boner over israel, but those of us with a sense of perspective and priorities couldn't be bribed into caring less about it.

<link>

Yeah--a long term truce to bring in more weapons.

Israel will also bring in more weapons during the truce. Condemning one but not the other when both are doing the exact same thing is the sort of double standards I try to avoid.

http://www.pcpo.org/index.php/polls/114-poll-no-191

88.9% support the firing of rockets from Gaza at Israel. (And note that only 2.4% opposed.)

While the number of shooters is small they obviously have very widespread support.
you and yours may have a insatiable throbbing raging boner over israel, but those of us with a sense of perspective and priorities couldn't be bribed into caring less about it.

The point is your side has been saying it's unreasonable when the Palestinians suffer for the acts of the few. The poll shows that while it might only be a few shooting there is major agreement with doing so--and thus most of the casualties are amongst those who favor the war.

The point is your side has been saying it's unreasonable when the Palestinians suffer for the acts of the few.
well then your point is as ridiculously stupid as it is hilariously wrong, because "my side" says the entire conversation is bullshit, because what a bunch of dirt-farming middle-easterners are doing to each other on an asscrack of land the size of rhode island on the other side of the planet is as completely irrelevant to american life as say what a bunch of dirt-farming africans are doing to each other on an asscrack of land the size of rhode island on the other side of the planet is to american life.

"my side" is that i wish every israeli and every palestinian would just drop dead so i never have to read another of these stupid fucking threads you like to spam the forums with, or see another stupid fucking spot about it on the news.
the lives of every individual on both sides of the conflict are worth less to me than the vague irritation of being tired of hearing about the conflict.

The poll shows that while it might only be a few shooting there is major agreement with doing so--and thus most of the casualties are amongst those who favor the war.
who gives a shit? let them all shoot each other to death or nuke the entire region into glass, it means nothing.
i don't care who's "right" or "wrong", the entire conversation is retarded.

Israel will also bring in more weapons during the truce. Condemning one but not the other when both are doing the exact same thing is the sort of double standards I try to avoid.

The victors get to dictate the terms.

There is no victor. There isn't even a peace treaty. All they've agreed to is a truce. The Palestinians in Gaza hope the truce will last a long time, but they aren't stupid enough to disarm just yet. I have no doubt the Israelis also hope the truce will last a long time, but aren't stupid enough to disarm just yet.

I understand that you want to see the Palestinians offer an unconditional surrender, but that's not even on the horizon. All that's likely to happen in the short term is a truce during which the Palestinians seek international recognition for their State and the Israelis and Americans try to block it. Meanwhile both sides will restock their supply of weapons in case the fighting breaks out again.

The point is your side has been saying it's unreasonable when the Palestinians suffer for the acts of the few. The poll shows that while it might only be a few shooting there is major agreement with doing so--and thus most of the casualties are amongst those who favor the war.
Does one have to do mind yoga to avoid the pain and distress from such massive distortions of poll results and logic?

well then your point is as ridiculously stupid as it is hilariously wrong, because "my side" says the entire conversation is bullshit, because what a bunch of dirt-farming middle-easterners are doing to each other on an asscrack of land the size of rhode island on the other side of the planet is as completely irrelevant to american life as say what a bunch of dirt-farming africans are doing to each other on an asscrack of land the size of rhode island on the other side of the planet is to american life.

"my side" is that i wish every israeli and every palestinian would just drop dead so i never have to read another of these stupid fucking threads you like to spam the forums with, or see another stupid fucking spot about it on the news.
the lives of every individual on both sides of the conflict are worth less to me than the vague irritation of being tired of hearing about the conflict.

The poll shows that while it might only be a few shooting there is major agreement with doing so--and thus most of the casualties are amongst those who favor the war.
who gives a shit? let them all shoot each other to death or nuke the entire region into glass, it means nothing.
i don't care who's "right" or "wrong", the entire conversation is retarded.

I can't QUITE agree with this, but I definitely start to lean in this direction after constantly being bombarded with news of this conflict. There are plenty of other equally important conflicts around the planet, which go ignored. I'm pretty sick of this one hogging the spotlight 24/7.

I don't think that Hamas refraining from rearming itself was part of the ceasefire terms.

can't QUITE agree with this, but I definitely start to lean in this direction after constantly being bombarded with news of this conflict. There are plenty of other equally important conflicts around the planet, which go ignored. I'm pretty sick of this one hogging the spotlight 24/7.

It's more important, at least to americans, than other such conflicts, because they're paying so much for it.

can't QUITE agree with this, but I definitely start to lean in this direction after constantly being bombarded with news of this conflict. There are plenty of other equally important conflicts around the planet, which go ignored. I'm pretty sick of this one hogging the spotlight 24/7.

It's more important, at least to americans, than other such conflicts, because they're paying so much for it.
It is also American weapons doing the killing.

And American diplomatic cover, against the rest of the entire world, at the UN that allows it to continue on Israeli terms. Even after they have proven time and time again to be flagrant violators of international law.

I don't think that Hamas refraining from rearming itself was part of the ceasefire terms.
Then Israel should never been pressured into accepting it.
As it is, it's the same rotten kind of cease fire that allows Hamas to recover and attack Israel again in a few years, necessitating cutting the grass yet again.
It would have been better for all concerned had Israel been allowed to crush Hamas once and for all.

Back
Top Bottom