• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

More data about the Palestinians for you to ignore:

Israel will also bring in more weapons during the truce. Condemning one but not the other when both are doing the exact same thing is the sort of double standards I try to avoid.

The victors get to dictate the terms.

The above sentiment is simply a restatement of the often discredited supposition that "might makes right".

I don't think that Hamas refraining from rearming itself was part of the ceasefire terms.
Then Israel should never been pressured into accepting it.
As it is, it's the same rotten kind of cease fire that allows Hamas to recover and attack Israel again in a few years, necessitating cutting the grass yet again.
It would have been better for all concerned had Israel been allowed to crush Hamas once and for all.
Except for the hundreds of thousands of civilians who would have to die for that to happen. Because that's what it would take to "crush Hamas once and for all", and not even Israel is willing to go that far.

Besides, I didn't see anyone apart from Hamas pressuring Israel to do anything it did not want to.

Except for the hundreds of thousands of civilians who would have to die for that to happen. Because that's what it would take to "crush Hamas once and for all", and not even Israel is willing to go that far.
I do not see how that would be necessary. But continuing current level of hostilities for several months while aggressively pursuing Hamas leaders like Mashaal even when abroad would have done the trick.

Besides, I didn't see anyone apart from Hamas pressuring Israel to do anything it did not want to.
Obama personally blocking weapons shipments counts as pressure. And that's only one thing.

Then Israel should never been pressured into accepting it.
As it is, it's the same rotten kind of cease fire that allows Hamas to recover and attack Israel again in a few years, necessitating cutting the grass yet again.
It would have been better for all concerned had Israel been allowed to crush Hamas once and for all.

And crushing Hamas once and for all would do squat about the overall problem. The Islamist money would still be there, new terrorists would replace the old.

http://www.pcpo.org/index.php/polls/114-poll-no-191

88.9% support the firing of rockets from Gaza at Israel. (And note that only 2.4% opposed.)

While the number of shooters is small they obviously have very widespread support.

So, you *are* willing to admit that some information coming out of Gaza aren't lies?

The problem is that most of the information coming out is from Hamas. That should be basically assumed to be lies. Other information isn't particularly suspect.

If I thought you had a good way of telling the difference, I'd ask you to share it.

So, you *are* willing to admit that some information coming out of Gaza aren't lies?

The problem is that most of the information coming out is from Hamas. That should be basically assumed to be lies. Other information isn't particularly suspect.

You seem to think Hamas is the reincarnation of Satan or something. We definitely have not been flooded with information from Hamas. You are so full of hatred for Palestinians there seems no hope for you. We have been subjected to a litany of Israeli propaganda and a lot of propaganda to keep the conflict going by people who profit from the conflict. I have asked you over and over again, what is your personal involvement in this conflict. If you were not involved, you would not have produced thousands of anti Palestinian rants. What do you expect to accomplish with this?

You seem to think Hamas is the reincarnation of Satan or something. We definitely have not been flooded with information from Hamas. You are so full of hatred for Palestinians there seems no hope for you. We have been subjected to a litany of Israeli propaganda and a lot of propaganda to keep the conflict going by people who profit from the conflict. I have asked you over and over again, what is your personal involvement in this conflict. If you were not involved, you would not have produced thousands of anti Palestinian rants. What do you expect to accomplish with this?

Most of what you see in the press is straight from Hamas.

But this poll isn't?

Your disinterested evidence for this is....?

Please define what you mean by "most" and then provide some disinterested evidence to support your claim. This is important, because your OP is a good example of "information" that is literally founded on omitting salient facts from your own source (as Arctish pointed out).

And crushing Hamas once and for all would do squat about the overall problem. The Islamist money would still be there, new terrorists would replace the old.
Another terrorist organization being built up in Hamas' place would take time. Time that the Palestinian people could use to maybe put a more moderate, peace-seeking government in their place. But even without that it would give Israel a longer respite than what we can expect now.
I agree that the Islamist money is a problem. Instead of pressuring Israel, US and EU should be putting pressure on the likes of Qatar. But in any case, 10-15 years from now middle Eastern oil and gas will be far less important geopolitically than they are now and there will be hopefully far less Islamist money to go around.

Another terrorist organization being built up in Hamas' place would take time. Time that the Palestinian people could use to maybe put a more moderate, peace-seeking government in their place. But even without that it would give Israel a longer respite than what we can expect now.
I agree that the Islamist money is a problem. Instead of pressuring Israel, US and EU should be putting pressure on the likes of Qatar. But in any case, 10-15 years from now middle Eastern oil and gas will be far less important geopolitically than they are now and there will be hopefully far less Islamist money to go around.

Carrot-and-stick works a hell of a lot better than stick-alone. The Palestinians already have a more moderate, peace-seeking government trying to negotiate a fair and equitable solution with Israel. Abbas and Fatah have forsworn violence in favor of diplomacy as a means to achieving an independent, viable Palestinian State. If their approach proves to be fruitless, expect more fighting.

Back
Top Bottom