• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

More deep state coup

Loren Pechtel

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

(I would have thought there was a thread for this but if there is I'm missing it)

Making up justice department claims of vote fraud.

What a pack of scalliwags.
I was getting confused … is John Eastman the same guy as Jeffery Clark?

What a pack of scalliwags.
I was getting confused … is John Eastman the same guy as Jeffery Clark?
I would say "cut from the same cloth."

In a way, Trump did "drain the swamp." He weeded out every last halfway honest bureaucrat within spitting distance of the White House, and only the creme de la crooked were left by the end of his administration.

And "the swamp" is an interesting analogy. A swamp appears bad - smelly, rotting, filled with all sorts of weird plants and creatures - but is actually a thriving and vital ecosystem that is nonetheless fragile and easily destroyed. Our government can be a messy, disorganized and sometimes dirty thing, but it works, and provides a necessary role in keeping the whole ecosystem (the country) from falling apart.

Trump is a real estate developer, so of course when he sees a swamp, he wants to bulldoze it and build something there he can sell. Now that I think about it, this is one of those "full circle" moments for me. See, I grew up a few hundred feet from a marsh. My first memory of government was going to a town council meeting with my parents and other neighborhood residents who were trying to stop a real estate developer from turning the place into another subdivision. The original (where we lived) was planned in the late 40's, and the developer went under halfway through the project, leaving our street (and a few houses) across from the remaining marsh, which sat undeveloped for at least a decade. We (the neighborhood) decided that we liked having it there rather than more construction, so we tried to save it. We won, and it is a protected wildlife refuge and part of a state wildlife area.

Back
Top Bottom