• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

More totalitarianism at US colleges

the Chinese saying "When a finger points to the moon, the idiot looks at the finger." would seem appropriate in this situation.

Since I've never seen a defender follow his man when the ball is passed to the center at the top of the key I say "that Chinese saying was either concocted by idiots or was never a saying".

the Chinese saying "When a finger points to the moon, the idiot looks at the finger." would seem appropriate in this situation.

Since I've never seen a defender follow his man when the ball is passed to the center at the top of the key I say "that Chinese saying was either concocted by idiots or was never a saying".

It is based on the imparting of knowledge. When Darwin presented evolution comments such as 'Is your grandmother an ape' and regarding him as a heretic would more closely fit that. Actually Confucius said

When a wise man points to the moon, the idiot looks at the finger though slight variations are used

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...sAQIJA&biw=1600&bih=698#imgrc=tKC_JLm_BOi30M:

#AllLivesMatter is not racist. #BlackLivesMatter is. It looks like she's the only one that got it right!

Chocolate icecream is delicious.

Oh, I'm sorry. Forgive my tresspass. That must be quite offensive to strawberry ice cream fanboys. I suppose the only way to make those strawberry icecream fanboys feel worthy is to include them in EVERY SINGLE COMMENT ABOUT ICECREAM EVER.

All ice cream is delicious.

There. Does that help out the poor insecure strawberry aficionados who can't even stand the thought of other people thinking that other ice cream tastes good if they don't also immediately mention strawberry ice cream too?

Talk about political correctness run amok!. Leave it to the conservative SJWs to take a positive statement about one group as an insult against other groups.

:rolleyes:

#AllLivesMatter is not racist. #BlackLivesMatter is. It looks like she's the only one that got it right!

But you're vile if you don't toe the SJW line on BLM.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/res...nce-statement-shows-how-polarized-we-are.html

It depends in what context. Emphasizing that black lived matter is not in itself racist. To disambiguate, the slogan should have been Black Lived Matter Too. All lives matter is not racist and one hardly understands how a logical person with at least average intelligence can be offended.

Okay. But why is it racist?

Remember, that's what you said.

Most of the people that whine about it are impotent, racist cockgobblers. Just see who whines about it here.

The actual comment All Lives Matter cannot by definition be racist or discriminatory. Therefore racist can be excluded from the description. Perhaps impotent cock-gobblers may still apply in some cases.

Okay. But why is it racist?

Remember, that's what you said.

Most of the people that whine about it are impotent, racist cockgobblers.

And? I notice you group impotence and cockgobbling with racism, though I wouldn't necessarily consider either to be character flaws on the same level as hating entire groups of people based solely on the color of their skin.

Just see who whines about it here.

Indeed. I remember one poster here in particular who was whining about those "BLM idiots"...

Most of the people that whine about it are impotent, racist cockgobblers. Just see who whines about it here.

The actual comment All Lives Matter cannot by definition be racist or discriminatory. Therefore racist can be excluded from the description. Perhaps impotent cock-gobblers may still apply in some cases.

Of course it's discriminatory. It's a response to BLM that is meant to diminish the message that black lives matter. People who say "All lives matter" also say "Blue lives matter" because they believe cops are targeted by black people, and that means that they understand what it's like when one group is targeted by another and the world needs to be told that the targeted group matters. In other words, All Lives Matter is just a dismissal of BLM and hypocritical, knee-jerk boot licking.

"All Lives Matter" means "I am blind to social injustice and targeted violence toward a minority group and I am well conditioned to pretend to be a victim rather than spending glucose on questioning anything."

Yes, there are people stupid and deluded enough to regard themselves as "fair and balanced" because they refuse to even look at what black people in our country endure, things they themselves would never put up with, and they have the choice to not put up with it. Even the stupidest, most criminal, meanest, poorest, most uneducated, most infantile and backward white people have recourse and options and support where black people do not. "All lives matter" is how bigots avoid accountability for the prejudice they contribute to our culture, and our culture goes a long way to support that.

I imagine it's pretty cozy to continue to believe otherwise.

I remember when "liberal" meant supporting the right of a person to voice an unpopular opinion. Ah, them days be gone. But the worry, to my eyes, is that these young people will eventually be older people. If they deem it okay for a student legislative body to punish a student government member for voicing an unpopular opinion now, what later, when some of them get into state or federal government? Imagine the majority party in Congress keeping a tally of the minority party's social media posts. If the House Speaker doesn't like a twitter post, the offending member could have his salary withheld by vote of the majority party. Anyway. This young lady should sue the student legislature if it acts to punish her for free speech. Just because it's a majority vote by a public university student senate doesn't mean it's not a civil rights violation.

Colleges are by definition filled with young, immature people who are just learning to make it on their own in the world.

They are naturally prone to extremes to test limits. It is the same for those who are politically conservative as well as those who are politically liberal.

Judging the political future of the country by the actions of students who are still learning is ridiculous and is itself a sign of immaturity. The only difference is that the vast majority of the student will eventually grow up.

It is based on the imparting of knowledge. When Darwin presented evolution comments such as 'Is your grandmother an ape' and regarding him as a heretic would more closely fit that. Actually Confucius said

When a wise man points to the moon, the idiot looks at the finger though slight variations are used

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=w...sAQIJA&biw=1600&bih=698#imgrc=tKC_JLm_BOi30M:

Confucius was obviously not much of an observer of human behavior, or Confucius considered normal men idiots, or Confucius was aware of how most of mankind behaved and decided to include them as idiots to make an elitist point or pithy saying. :joy::joy::)

I remember when "liberal" meant supporting the right of a person to voice an unpopular opinion. Ah, them days be gone. But the worry, to my eyes, is that these young people will eventually be older people. If they deem it okay for a student legislative body to punish a student government member for voicing an unpopular opinion now, what later, when some of them get into state or federal government? Imagine the majority party in Congress keeping a tally of the minority party's social media posts. If the House Speaker doesn't like a twitter post, the offending member could have his salary withheld by vote of the majority party. Anyway. This young lady should sue the student legislature if it acts to punish her for free speech. Just because it's a majority vote by a public university student senate doesn't mean it's not a civil rights violation.

This is not just some random student. She's in a position which represents the entire student body.

Exactly. She represents ALL students, not just the 12% who are black, and her comment was highly consistent with this.

Confucius was obviously not much of an observer of human behavior, or Confucius considered normal men idiots, or Confucius was aware of how most of mankind behaved and decided to include them as idiots to make an elitist point or pithy saying. :joy::joy::)

Misunderstanding what a philosopher means does not automatically make him/her an idiot.

I don´t know who are worse the BLM idiots or the racist shitcocks that cry about them every fucking time some college student does something. There is a cottage industry in sad, impotent, racist little men complaining about BLM and making them look like the second coming of the Black Panthers.

Count me in the "racist shitcocks are worse" column.

#allshitcocksareworse

Did anyone find it odd that a student body VP receives a stipend ($700 per month)?

Yes, I don't get it.

Actually, it fits perfectly with the growing entitlement mentality on college campuses.

I bet it is commonplace and is rationalized by some argument that the pay is needed so that poorer students who have to work are not shut out of holding office.

Of course it's discriminatory. It's a response to BLM that is meant to diminish the message that black lives matter. People who say "All lives matter" also say "Blue lives matter" because they believe cops are targeted by black people, and that means that they understand what it's like when one group is targeted by another and the world needs to be told that the targeted group matters. In other words, All Lives Matter is just a dismissal of BLM and hypocritical, knee-jerk boot licking.

"All Lives Matter" means "I am blind to social injustice and targeted violence toward a minority group and I am well conditioned to pretend to be a victim rather than spending glucose on questioning anything."

Yes, there are people stupid and deluded enough to regard themselves as "fair and balanced" because they refuse to even look at what black people in our country endure, things they themselves would never put up with, and they have the choice to not put up with it. Even the stupidest, most criminal, meanest, poorest, most uneducated, most infantile and backward white people have recourse and options and support where black people do not. "All lives matter" is how bigots avoid accountability for the prejudice they contribute to our culture, and our culture goes a long way to support that.

It's not a matter of being cozy. Expanding on Black Lives Matter to emphasise that all lives matter is self explanatory in expressing all are equal . There is nothing stated whether the complainers did condemn any killing of these police officers. (Though I believe some BLM leaders were quick to do so).

It's not a matter of being cozy. Expanding on Black Lives Matter to emphasise that all lives matter is self explanatory in expressing all are equal . There is nothing stated whether the complainers did condemn any killing of these police officers. (Though I believe some BLM leaders were quick to do so).

Yeah, it's that assumption, the veneer that you've said something reasonable when it's clear that it's a kind of protest against people who are protesting abuse of a group. It's a way of avoiding looking at why BLM even exists.

By the way, doesn't your cult redefine "being reasonable" as a sin? That would explain part of this obtuse objection you have to questioning what white conservatives have to say in response to black people demanding justice.

Yes, you are cozy if you swallow the Fox News style reactions to minorities standing up for themselves.

Misunderstanding what a philosopher means does not automatically make him/her an idiot.

Not talking about one misunderstanding what a philosopher says. Talking about a philosopher who miss represents the import of what is a normal human reaction.

Further, Where, in my post, did you get that? I said Confucius was, based on the evidence of the saying we are discussing, either not a good observer or more interested in pith than truth.

Back
Top Bottom