• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

My Trip to Barnes and Noble

SLD

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Freethinker
So I was browsing for a new book and got drawn to the religious section which is huge in the Bible Belt. But one of the titles caught my eye. And then I found several others like it. All trying to trash liberal Christianity and make the case for the Fourier of spiritual warfare. I glanced through a few of these. Scary. But I certainly wasn’t going to buy any of these. I refuse to give those people a dime more to spread their shit. But it is interesting that this is what is in demand from Christians these days. This is what they want to read.

IMG_6600.jpeg

IMG_6599.jpeg
IMG_6603.jpeg
And the solution proposed was not to be tolerant and not oppressive.

IMG_6602.jpeg
IMG_6601.jpeg

We are fucked.

Next time you go, print out a few little quarter page inserts to leave jn these books.

Like Acts 31 - 35, and Acts 2 41- 45. God commands communism.

Unless I am mistaken that comes under freedom of speech and our free market profit driven system.

If a market exists, service it and make money.

A recent poll says that 29% of Americans are either Christian nationalists or in substantial sympathy with its goals. Beyond question, the great mass of these folks are the Trump base (which is usually figured as about 33% of us.) Their political leaders have think tanks which are strategizing how to game the system to maximize their power and ability to pull off minority rule. So we're in a sea of this noxious stuff. We've probably only seen the forward edge. This is their heyday. They're furious about the demographics showing how their kind are increasingly outnumbered by the rest of us. They're getting crazier every election cycle and they're not going to concede their power easily. I live in a red state with a legislature which is deaf to majority opinion and seeks to run the place like the worst of the deep South. They want to eliminate reproductive freedom, criminalize dissent, restructure the school curriculum so that it's in line with radicalized GOP thinking, use public funds to pay for religious schooling, keep the left from voting, and ignore common sense gun regulation. Welcome to the land of the free in 2023.

So I was browsing for a new book and got drawn to the religious section which is huge in the Bible Belt. But one of the titles caught my eye. And then I found several others like it. All trying to trash liberal Christianity and make the case for the Fourier of spiritual warfare. I glanced through a few of these. Scary. But I certainly wasn’t going to buy any of these. I refuse to give those people a dime more to spread their shit. But it is interesting that this is what is in demand from Christians these days. This is what they want to read.

We are fucked.
It appears that many Christians aren't optimistic, but they're actually looking forward to the coming carnage. As they emerge from the rubble tossing aside the burning bodies, their salvation beckons!

A recent poll says that 29% of Americans are either Christian nationalists or in substantial sympathy with its goals. Beyond question, the great mass of these folks are the Trump base (which is usually figured as about 33% of us.) Their political leaders have think tanks which are strategizing how to game the system to maximize their power and ability to pull off minority rule. So we're in a sea of this noxious stuff. We've probably only seen the forward edge. This is their heyday. They're furious about the demographics showing how their kind are increasingly outnumbered by the rest of us. They're getting crazier every election cycle and they're not going to concede their power easily. I live in a red state with a legislature which is deaf to majority opinion and seeks to run the place like the worst of the deep South. They want to eliminate reproductive freedom, criminalize dissent, restructure the school curriculum so that it's in line with radicalized GOP thinking, use public funds to pay for religious schooling, keep the left from voting, and ignore common sense gun regulation. Welcome to the land of the free in 2023.
How might that compare to Russia and China over the last eighty years?

The Christian market is huge. Video games, fiction even scifi. Apocalyptic stories.

Mega churches.

All's it takes is human imagination coupled with religion.

Smaller but there is also an atheist market.

View attachment 44083

View attachment 44084
View attachment 44085

View attachment 44086
View attachment 44087

We are fucked.
They've been trying to destroy liberal Christianity for a very, very long time. They have not succeeded yet.

What will those wild and crazy Christians do next, more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

View attachment 44083

View attachment 44084
View attachment 44085

View attachment 44086
View attachment 44087

We are fucked.
They've been trying to destroy liberal Christianity for a very, very long time. They have not succeeded yet.
Yes, but the effort is going to be fucking hell.

What will those wild and crazy Christians do next, more fun than a barrel of monkeys.
It isn't particularly funny seeing that these are militant books. This isn't about anything but selling a narrative that intolerance is not only beautiful and godly, but anyone that says otherwise is the enemy and a war is upon us.

Reactions: SLD
Back
Top Bottom