• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

National Security At Risk?

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
https://www.npr.org/2018/09/17/648883919/trump-orders-declassification-of-documents-about-fbi-sought-by-house-republicans

President Trump has ordered the intelligence community to "provide for the immediate declassification" of several documents related to the FBI and the Department of Justice, the White House press secretary announced Monday.

The documents in question are specific pages of the June 2017 FISA warrant application related to onetime Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page, all FBI interview reports prepared in connection with all FISA warrant applications in connection with Page, and all FBI reports of interviews with Justice Department lawyer Bruce Ohr prepared in connection with the FBI's Russia investigation.

But the top Democrat on the House intelligence committee criticized Trump's move. "President Trump, in a clear abuse of power, has decided to intervene in a pending law enforcement investigation by ordering the selective release of materials he believes are helpful to his defense team and thinks will advance a false narrative," Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., said in a statement that also raised concerns about the possibility that intelligence sources and methods could be compromised by the release ordered by Trump.

I was wondering for a moment what the Republican response would have been if Obama did this and then remembered that Obama would have been impeached over a year ago.

I'm not sure how practical it is, but I'd certainly be tempted to line through all the CONFIDENTIAL or SECRET page headers/footers and put everything back into the folders in the big red filing cabinet. "Okay, they're declassified. You still can't see documents that are part of an active investigation... Those are two separate issues."

I'm not sure how practical it is, but I'd certainly be tempted to line through all the CONFIDENTIAL or SECRET page headers/footers and put everything back into the folders in the big red filing cabinet. "Okay, they're declassified. You still can't see documents that are part of an active investigation... Those are two separate issues."
Who are you kidding? You'd walk into the Oval Office:
Keith&Co: "We've declassified it and this is what we found!"

Trump: "What was it?"

Keith&Co: *nods his head*

*Richard Simmons bounds into the room*

Is the thread title really a question?
National Security isn't at risk, it's a thing of the past. Trump made that clear when he invited Russian Intelligence into the oval office and revealed Israel as the source of Top Secret information... and NOBODY EVEN BLINKED!

I would love to see them do exactly that

Meanwhile, the GOP House and Senate leaders sit there while this is going on with their thumbs up their asses, no outcry, no reasoning with the White House.

Back
Top Bottom