• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New Age bullshit generator

DrZoidberg

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
This one is pure comedy gold

http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

I recommend watching to the two debates quote-mined.

New Age... why can't they just focus on what they're good at? New Age therapies can have psychological benefits. What's up with the constant need to use scientific terminology they clearly don't understand? It's malapropism. But not used in a comedic sense to make an audience laugh. Nothing is funnier than unintentional humour.

This is awesome! Thanks for the post Dr.Z

This one is pure comedy gold

http://sebpearce.com/bullshit/

I recommend watching to the two debates quote-mined.

New Age... why can't they just focus on what they're good at? New Age therapies can have psychological benefits. What's up with the constant need to use scientific terminology they clearly don't understand? It's malapropism. But not used in a comedic sense to make an audience laugh. Nothing is funnier than unintentional humour.

A lot of wisdom at that site. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I used this phrase generator and I discovered a practical use for it: it's sort of a test to see if you know anything about New Age talk. If it gives you the impression the phrases it generates are too random and meaningless, you know something about New Age; if you think it sounds exactly like New Age talk, you either haven't read any or you haven't given it any serious effort to understand.

As a point of comparison,
Theology may be a bit more familiar to you. If such a phrase generator were used for "theology", you would immediately discover those phrases are too random and would never be uttered by a serious theologian. I am not defending neither New Age nor Christain theology, I am just stating facts as I see them, for the sake of fairness.

This phrase generator should not be seen as anything else than a joke,
and this thread belongs to the Humor section. There is a difference between pseudoscience and humor, even if they share the characteristic of counter-factual absurity. One is a set of actual shared belief systems, the other is not designed to be believed by anyone, only to either create innocent comicity or for the sake of intentional parody (political or educational intent).

Back
Top Bottom