• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

New brain cells erase old memories

NobleSavage

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
or anyone fighting to save old memories, a fresh crop of brain cells may be the last thing they need. Research published today in Science suggests that newly formed neurons in the hippocampus — an area of the brain involved in memory formation — could dislodge previously learned information1. The work may provide clues as to why childhood memories are so difficult to recall.
http://www.nature.com/news/new-brain-cells-erase-old-memories-1.15186

tumblr_m5wwgkdkEk1qaobbko1_500.png

Folks,

It's a shame that new brain cells never seem to replace bad memories. :mad:

Alex.

Fantastic. Now I know the reason that sometimes when I go into another room to get something then end up standing in the middle of the room wondering what it was I was there for. It is the fault of my brain rapidly rebuilding itself. Hopefully the cells that know this won’t soon be replaced and I will remember this the next time it happens.

Fantastic. Now I know the reason that sometimes when I go into another room to get something then end up standing in the middle of the room wondering what it was I was there for. It is the fault of my brain rapidly rebuilding itself. Hopefully the cells that know this won’t soon be replaced and I will remember this the next time it happens.

I do this all the time.

Back
Top Bottom