• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

Try walking around Disneyland with a bag of heroin.

Last week was the first week of the season without any great or wild games. But we're back on track in week 8 with yesterday's GB-AZ game.

AZ had a perfect record on the line and GB had a 7 game winning streak coming in. Some big names were missing though. Hopkins hardly played, and GB's starting receivers were out. Both offenses struggled in the first half, with GB up by 3 at intermission. Things got going in the second half with both teams scoring on consecutive TD drives, with AZ cutting the lead to 3 again and kicking off with under 11 minutes to go in the game. GB goes on a 6 minute drive to get first and goal at the AZ one with about five minutes to play. On first down, Jones took the ball and was tackled right at the goal line with the refs signaling a touchdown. I thought YES, game over! Good for my Rams!

But upon review, Jones was called down short of a score. Jones runs it again for no gain. On 3rd down, GB had some confusion and couldn't get set in time and got a delay of game call, which they couldn't avoid as they had no time outs left. On the third down replay, Rogers tried to scramble and take it in himself putting his head down going for the line but is stopped just short. On 4th down, Rogers's pass is batted down incomplete. Bummer, but they still had the lead and AZ has go to 99 yards with 3:30 to go beat them.

Murray then proceeds to drive the team for 12 plays to the GB 5 with 15 ticks left. This is setting up to be a signature moment for Murray and AZ. And then this happened,

Douglas was on AZ's practice squad a few weeks ago.

Thank you, Rasul and GB!

*The final 10:45 of the game is also on youtube.

Last edited:
I'm not usually big on talking about sports and I know this is college ball and not the NFL. But, damn, this was a helluva game.

I'm not usually big on talking about sports and I know this is college ball and not the NFL. But, damn, this was a helluva game.

Agreed! That was a great game. As much as I liked it though, we were dying though waiting for it to end while the Oregon vs Colorado game was playing!

Lads, it’s the Jets. :ROFLMAO:
I wouldn't worry about the Jets. I predict that they have a bright future. They have like 10,000 future draft picks! They traded a slightly better than average safety for two 1st round picks and a third pick from my clueless Seahawks.

So Patriots get their first win over a team that doesn't suck this past weekend. Ignoring two huge runs, they effectively shutdown the Chargers offense. Mac Jones had a few great throws, but appeared to be a bit off on several other throws, but the running game worked on Sunday. Their kicker Folk is also proving to be extraordinarily reliable.

For most football fans, the scary thing is the Pats can still technically finish 12-4, and I know some people are starting to sweat that possibility as the Patriots continue gain cohesion. But the Patriot fans shouldn't hold their breath... for a while. The best 2-4 NFL team is now 4-4.

Meanwhile, Cleveland is learning about how being 4-4 is disappointing, is actually not so bad because it means there is hope. It also demonstrates what I was saying in the pre-season. The whole fait accompli that some fans have with the playoffs and their team being 'just right'. Browns lost to the Steelers, which is a bad sign as it was the first of six division games in a very tight AFC North. Their QB Isn't the best, but adequate enough to work with one of the best QB groups in the league. But their coaching, still in my mind, is their greatest weakness.

NE always manages to field a solid defense regardless of what is going on with their other side.

The Jets are hardly the worst team right now, I would give Houston that honor. They blow at every facet of the game, except maybe kicking. The Jets get to play them later, and should get another win, they won't be in running for #1 pick this year.

The Rams won't have any picks of any kind soon, they keep gambling them away on the right now, having just traded for Von Miller. His health is questionable but if healthy is very welcome help for their porous defense, which just gave up 22 to the Texans, albeit mostly late using a lot of subs, but still, Houston hadn't scored a TD in 2 games, and only 4 in last 5 games.

I've seen Rams ranked high in some power rankings, but they have a very tough schedule coming up.

Tennessee
@ San Francisco
@ Green Bay
Jacksonville
@ Arizona
Seattle
@ Minnesota
@ Baltimore
San Francisco

It's the 3rd toughest according to ESPN. AZ at 11th, while GB, TB and Dallas are in the bottom half of that list.

KC has had a big dropoff from conference champs, barely beating the Giants, only with the help of penalties.

Uh-oh, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers tests positive for Covid and will miss Sunday's game against the Chiefs. Hmm, I'm not too worried as the Chiefs are not at their best right now.

Well, like clockwork, OBJ having issues with the Browns organization because the Browns aren't as good as he thinks he makes them, therefore it is their fault. If Mayfield could just throw the ball to him more often when he is double-covered, they'd win more games.

Time for Tampa to sign OBJ.

Uh-oh, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers tests positive for Covid and will miss Sunday's game against the Chiefs. Hmm, I'm not too worried as the Chiefs are not at their best right now.
Rodgers is so incredibly selfish. He might miss a second game. But I hope that he gets an additional suspension for not following league precools and lying about it.

Spoken like true left wing authoritarian. I was in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago for a couple of days and had a great time. Didn’t wear a mask the entire time I was there. Hardly anyone wears a mask there.

More calamity for the Jets, aptly a game ending interception after the ball was tipped.

Spoken like true left wing authoritarian. I was in Wisconsin a couple of weeks ago for a couple of days and had a great time. Didn’t wear a mask the entire time I was there. Hardly anyone wears a mask there.
Well, let's move the bizzaro aliens eating pituitary glands anti vaccine discussion to the political thread. In this case, a leader of billion dollar company, the Green Bay Packers, whose is a superbowl contender, didn't follow the rules, and will miss 10 days. Maybe more. His selfishness might cost his team a superbowl run.

Poor poor Aaron Rodgers.
article said:
Green Bay Packers star quarterback Aaron Rodgers confirmed he is unvaccinated against Covid-19 and is disappointed with the treatment he's been receiving in the media while appearing on The Pat McAfee Show on Friday.

"I realize I'm in the crosshairs of the woke mob right now," Rodgers said. "So, before my final nail gets put in my cancel culture casket, I think I would like to set the record straight on so many of the blatant lies that are out there about myself."

Rodgers said the media was on a "witch hunt" to find out which players were vaccinated and blamed reporters for him saying he was "immunized" back in August.

The 37-year-old Rodgers said if any reporter would have asked a follow-up question, he would have explained he's "not an anti-vax flat earther," but that he's a "critical thinker."
He isn't anti-vax, he is a "critical thinker". And "woke" mob. The term "woke" seems to get applied to anything that deemed inconvenient. These damn woke cops and their speed limits. Damn CDC and their woke Covid-19 protocols. Darn woke women and their insistence I get "arrested" for putting webcams in the Women's Locker Room.

So about that "critical thinking"?
Aaron Rodgers (Hall of Fame QB / Immunologist) said:
The vaccines do offer some protection for sure but there is a lot we don't know about them.
Well... just to be clear, umm... your knowledge of vaccines isn't the breadth of what is known by the medical profession.
There is a lot to natural immunity. ... If you have gotten Covid and recovered from it, that's the best boost to immunity you can have.
Yup... critical thinking.

Rodgers has gone cuckoo bananas. 🍌🍌 🍌

Rodgers has gone cuckoo bananas. 🍌🍌 🍌
Could someone tell me why he is so upset? He's such a drama queen! He agreed to the rules. If a player decides to not get vaccinated, they have follow a certain protocol to protect others. He agreed to that. So what is he crying about?

I’m a little bit excited and a little bit nervous at the prospect of Jordan Love starting against the Chiefs. I anticipate a lot of running the ball and short passes if LaFleur doesn’t trust him. It’s really hard to predict how this game will go but I think Love and the Packers will come through for the win.

I’m a little bit excited and a little bit nervous at the prospect of Jordan Love starting against the Chiefs. I anticipate a lot of running the ball and short passes if LaFleur doesn’t trust him. It’s really hard to predict how this game will go but I think Love and the Packers will come through for the win.
I agree. I think that the Packers are a very well round team (is their WR1 playing or hurt?). It also bothered me that Rodgers got upset that the Packers "drafted his replacement". Every QB in history has had his team draft his eventual replacement at sometime. I think that Love will surprise some.

Could someone tell me why he is so upset?

Could be he's embarrassed he was caught lying about being vaccinated back in August.

He denies he lied though because he was on some homeopathic regime. See, he's a "critical thinker" who gets medical advice from the renown virologist Joe Rogan. He took ivermectin AND hydroxychloroquine.

Jeopardy sure can pick them.

Back
Top Bottom