• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

Outcome was disastrous for Browns. They looked good until final set of downs on their first drive. Missing the top running duo was apparent. Of course, Browns coaching ain’t outcoaching Belichick.

Cleveland need to find their soul before next year is a panic and they finish 2-15.

So, after contracting the most lethal, deadliest virus known to man, the unvaccinated Aaron Rodgers leads the Green Bay Packers to an 0-17 victory over the Seahawks. A miracle!!

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Myles Garrett... who unlike OBJ... actually is hall of fame bound and is a league leader in multiple ways... sounding off on the defensive coaching, of which as I noted, the Browns coaching isn't that good, without OBJ'ing it that way.
article said:
"We didn't make adjustments," Garrett said following the loss. "As in, they kept on scoring. And we weren't countering that. We need to be better."

He continued:

"So go back to the drawing board and see how we can get better, see how we can scheme better, see how we can make adjustments on the fly. We never had a chance, just because we didn't make any adjustments on the sideline or when we had time to."
Mayfield isn't a great QB, but the Browns coaching isn't great either, so Mayfield shouldn't get as much trouble for what happened. The Browns are 5-5, and this is the tipping point between getting better and falling apart. It is also time for reflection that being 5-5 isn't the end of the world! This franchise has suffered much worse.

The Patriots on the other hand have an interesting slate of games coming up.

Atlanta, struggling but in playoff hunt.
Tennessee, the Conference Leading team... no that wasn't a spelling error.
Buffalo with Josh Allen, a great defense, and the AFC East and a guaranteed spot in the playoffs on the line.
Indianapolis who are hitting stride like the Pats
Buffalo... no that isn't a spelling error.

Patriots run through this at 4-1 or 5-0, they are likely in the playoffs and maybe even a contender. Up to this point, it is nearly impossible to gauge where the Pats stand as they started slow due to injuries and a lot of new players, but seem to be improving, but haven't been beating the best teams. On the other hand, they lost a bunch of close games to good teams as well.

After the next six weeks, we'll know where they actually stand. Personally, I have no idea where they stand. Mac Jones could win the Super Bowl MVP this year... they could not make the playoffs. The parity is making things harder to understand. I'm still going with coaching winning the Super Bowl this year. And that puts the Pats automatically closer to the top.

Myles Garrett... who unlike OBJ... actually is hall of fame bound and is a league leader in multiple ways... sounding off on the defensive coaching, of which as I noted, the Browns coaching isn't that good, without OBJ'ing it that way.
article said:
"We didn't make adjustments," Garrett said following the loss. "As in, they kept on scoring. And we weren't countering that. We need to be better."

He continued:

"So go back to the drawing board and see how we can get better, see how we can scheme better, see how we can make adjustments on the fly. We never had a chance, just because we didn't make any adjustments on the sideline or when we had time to."
Mayfield isn't a great QB, but the Browns coaching isn't great either, so Mayfield shouldn't get as much trouble for what happened. The Browns are 5-5, and this is the tipping point between getting better and falling apart. It is also time for reflection that being 5-5 isn't the end of the world! This franchise has suffered much worse.
Agreed. However, they probably have the best offensive line in the NFL, great RBs and WRs, and a top 5 defense. You just have to wonder, what the heck is going on?

article said:

He continued:

Agreed. However, they probably have the best offensive line in the NFL, great RBs and WRs, and a top 5 defense. You just have to wonder, what the heck is going on?
Inadequate coaching.

Rams and Stafford absolutely stinking it up tonight. Horrendous.

Still, it’s not quite Jets stinking.

Rams have had some very bad luck with their receivers. They're not very deep past the starters, and the reserves had injuries. They had DeSean Jackson, and I liked him, I thought he was doing a good job in his limited role, but it was too limited for his liking, and he left. Getting OBJ was a risk in that light since who knows if he'll accept a limited role as well. But they needed some bodies to fill in.

Then more bad news when Woods was lost for the year with an ACL, but I guess good news OBJ is there now?

But none of that matters anyways for the season, because the Rams are not going anywhere far with that defense. I will blame the coaching for this because the personnel is not that different from last year when they had the top defense.

On the bright side though, there are no standout teams right now, everyone is less than great.

Also saw that Bitonio called out the coaching, not a good vibe there.

Rams have had some very bad luck with their receivers. They're not very deep past the starters, and the reserves had injuries. They had DeSean Jackson, and I liked him, I thought he was doing a good job in his limited role, but it was too limited for his liking, and he left. Getting OBJ was a risk in that light since who knows if he'll accept a limited role as well. But they needed some bodies to fill in.

Then more bad news when Woods was lost for the year with an ACL, but I guess good news OBJ is there now?

But none of that matters anyways for the season, because the Rams are not going anywhere far with that defense. I will blame the coaching for this because the personnel is not that different from last year when they had the top defense.

On the bright side though, there are no standout teams right now, everyone is less than great.

Tampa v New England in Super Bowl as nation slits collective wrists.

That's not out of question using last year as a guide, because TB was not looking good till a very late-season run, right after losing to the Rams.

That's not out of question using last year as a guide, because TB was not looking good till a very late-season run, right after losing to the Rams.
Tampa has Brady. Brady is awesome, but he didn't make it to every Super Bowl, just half of them. :D

My awareness of the NFL Isn't too great, and there is a black hole in my mind about Tennessee. Every other team can be beaten and Covid-19 can still be a massive wildcard. It seems to be a system v system, who's healthy, who executes.

I still have no idea about the Patriots. We'll have a better idea in a 5 weeks. I thought the Bills were going to be fighting up against the Chiefs... and maybe they still will for the AFC.

Yipes. Poor Atlanta. That was a tough last few minutes to watch. You won the World Series... just keep that in mind. Patriots get a long weekend bonus before their Titans matchup.

What is funny is the Patriots weren't great on offense. They were in control, but only scored a lot of field goals. Is that a sign of butt kicking not in their favor against the Bills or Titans?

I'd call that win bad news for NE, they're peaking too early, will regress by postseason.

I'd call that win bad news for NE, they're peaking too early, will regress by postseason.
In general, the Patriots are still developing, in my opinion. Things are getting better, but again, their last two games were against inferior opponents.

Browns beat Lions 16-13. That is a win, but not a great one. Granted, the weather wasn't very nice, wet and 40.

Titans apparently got blitzed. After this weekend, the Patriots are one of the best looking (only good looking?) teams in the AFC (and the Titans). This is definitely out there. Also heard the Google server farm crashed when ESPN tried to run tiebreaker scenarios for the AFC.

Looking at the standings, I missed Kansas City who are 4-1 in their last five. So, based on recent play, Indy, NE, Kansas City, and Tennessee are the teams that are gelling. Though Indy has only Buffalo as a quality win... which is worse than New England, who have at least beaten the Chargers and the Browns. Not big scalps, but at least .500 or better.

In the NFC, no team is better than 3-2 in their last five. It is hilarious to think the Pats not only make the playoffs but get a bye. But Kansas City have beaten decent teams, though by tight scores, Dallas and Green Bay. So I think Kansas City are the prominent choice for top seed. And with Buffalo collapsing, hard to tell if we'll know where the Pats stand playoff wise until the playoffs. Which does render older memories back of how useless the regular season for the Patriots was becoming and us fans just waited for the playoffs to begin.

I caught the last quarter of the GB-MN game. Lots of scoring back and forth, this time MN gets the last minute win. Cousins always seems to me too skilled to not be winning more. He did nearly lose this one at the end with a badly chosen throw that was called an interception but overturned. With Jefferson, he may finally have another decent receiver to go with Thielen.

Looks like nobody wants to win any title this year. Only one team with less than 3 losses with 7 weeks to go. Is Buffalo still a SB favorite? I don't bet on football, but this must be a tough year for gamblers to get a bead on anybody. Though there must always be some angles that can pay. I heard today before the game that Brady is 0 for his last 11 night games against the spread. Great, go all in!

Brady's now 1 for 12.

Watched the Chargers vs Steelers game last sunday night. What a game! Herbert was amazing. Of course I'm a duck and am biased, but Herbert is the man. I don't think that he has a ceiling. Tell me that I'm crazy, but if I were an NFL gm, and I could draft any player, I'd pick Herbert 1. Although, a very strong case could be made for Mahomes.

Get your NFL action before it is too late. Who knows whether Omnicron will screw up this season.

Three words: bubble, bubble, bubble.

First game in four that Patriots gave up double digits, this time 13 points. Averaging less than 10 points a game conceded in their 6 game win streak. And are now second in points conceded (8 pts more than 1st place Buffalo who have a game in hand). I keep getting a stronger and stronger 2001 vibe. But the AFC is so weak, it is again impossible to tell how good they are. Buffalo woke up on Thursday. And they face New England next Monday.

Back
Top Bottom