• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

Wow! QB 2 for 3, and the Pats win. Bills aren't anywhere near a 7-5 team. Two great defenses. I don't know if these two teams can meet in the AFC Championship, but they are two of the best. Add in Kansas City and there are your top three teams.

And in a couple months when two other teams are in the AFC Championship you feel free to ignore this post.

Wow, Patriots only throw 3 passes tonight (bad wind), still win. Ran effectively for most of the game against 8-9 man boxes.

Edit: Lol, if only I hit reply a few seconds earlier.

That was such a winnable game for Buffalo, it has got to mess with them, especially considering how they have been totally owned by NE for so long. And NE came out acting like an underdog going for two early. I thought Buffalo made a mistake attempting a field goal late in strong winds, instead of a touchdown.

AFC is still ridiculously tight, up for grabs. Even 1-7 Miami has a shot at postseason, now at 6-7. I'd say the biggest factor in the standings has been injuries.

First time in a couple months New England didn't win this week. Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore lose, Cleveland win to make the AFC North even more muddled.

The Bills are looking to be the best team that won't make the playoffs at this rate. The rest of their schedule is kind of simple, except the Patriots and Miami has been running more cylinders the past month.

The NFC look like three to four very good teams with a lot of bad teams.

The AFC look like two or three very good teams with a lot of good teams that can all beat each other.

A lot of blowouts yesterday which will probably continue tonight.

Chargers receivers without Allen looking good, in time for Thursday showdown with KC.

Good win for very underhanded Rams. They had practice squad players out there in secondary, Murray maybe could have exploited it better. Probably Stafford's best game of the year, not stats-wise but in showing skill. Yet, I think they played over their heads and should regress to their mean.

The Chargers manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in a very entertaining game. I reckon the defeat came down to a couple of bad decisions from the Chargers in opting to go for it on fourth down rather than take a field goal. Oh well.
Parham went off injured very early in the game and it looked a bad one.

Of course, the decisions to go for it on 4th cost them the game. I don't know why so many coaches think three points is so worthless, as if they're not going to count in the 4th quarter for you. Staley was doing this a lot very early in season and was succeeding, but then in the middle he failed several times and so stopped for awhile, and now he's decided to restart at the worst time. He keeps falling for the sunk cost fallacy.

Anyways it was a gift for KC, because Mahomes had returned to his early season habit of turning it over.

At least they gave away the game early instead of late the way they had done in the past, which is probably an improvement.

Looking forward to Saturday's NE-IND matchup, will be interesting to see which team can stop the other's rushing offense.

If the game even takes place, the way they keep postponing them.

Of course, the decisions to go for it on 4th cost them the game. I don't know why so many coaches think three points is so worthless, as if they're not going to count in the 4th quarter for you. Staley was doing this a lot very early in season and was succeeding, but then in the middle he failed several times and so stopped for awhile, and now he's decided to restart at the worst time. He keeps falling for the sunk cost fallacy.

Anyways it was a gift for KC, because Mahomes had returned to his early season habit of turning it over.

At least they gave away the game early instead of late the way they had done in the past, which is probably an improvement.

Looking forward to Saturday's NE-IND matchup, will be interesting to see which team can stop the other's rushing offense.

If the game even takes place, the way they keep postponing them.
I don't know about that. Staley is very aggressive and he's going to go for it on 4th down. On two of the 4th down plays Herbert just didn't have a good throw. Most of time he's going to stick it in there. I didn't like going for it a few seconds from half time. I think that at that point, put the points on the board. But part of the analytics of going for it on 4th down is to give further rest to the defense; and to pin the opponent deep. But great game. I think that Chargers are just going to get better and better.

Aw nuts. My reserved and conservative stance on the Patriots wasn't rash and overly concerned. These playoffs are going to be nuts... I mean until Kansas City just steamrolls over everyone.

Another weird decision in the Packers Ravens game that backfired on the Ravens. Instead of opting to kick for the extra point and tie the game and more than likely force extra time, the Ravens went for a two point conversion that would have won them the game. But they didn't succeed and the Packers won by one point 31-30. It made for a nail biting last few minutes for both sets of fans I guess but the Ravens have not had much success with this strategy.

And Tom Brady, shut out by the Saints and he was seen throwing his toys out the pram.

The lions beat the Cardinals ?! :eek:

Lads, it's the Jets :LOL:

Baltimore's bigger mistake was like SD's, going for it on 4th early in the game, giving away 3 points in a game they lost by 1 point. 3 points are much better than zero, especially after a long drive. They wasted outstanding efforts by Edwards and Huntley. Everyone knew they were going to Edwards but he still made catch after catch, except for that last play which looked poorly designed.

The Lions game was so awesome. Like I've always said, Goff = GOAT. He doesn't get the respect he deserves. 🙃

Colts got a good must win, their rushing defense winning the battle. That 67-yard run in the final minutes kept Taylor's TD streak alive with style. I thought the db might have the angle on him, but Taylor outran him while reaching the highest ball-carrier top speed all year according to those stat keepers. He has 3 of the top 5 best on the year.

Miami has now won 6 in a row, but their next games will start getting tougher.

Jacksonville takes over as worst team in the league after their coaching travesty and loss to former worst Houston.

Chicago Bears are terrible. They were a joke last night. There were a few laugh out loud moments in last night's game.

Rams won their game against the Seahawks but we’re not very convincing against an out of sorts Seahawks and the Rams were a bit fortunate for a non call on what was blatant pass interference.

Bills looking more like the team they can be. Patriots more like the team I was expecting them to be. Might face off one more time in the playoffs.

Antonio Brown proves playing football to make lots of money just isn't enough to drive someone to do that.
article said:
Every one of Brown's blowups, on and off the field, have been excused away because he can catch a football.

Arians had said upon signing Brown in late October 2020 that the receiver would be gone if he had one screwup. Many people thought faking his COVID vaccination card was that screwup, but it wasn't to Arians, who just days ago told reporters in Tampa he "could give a s***" about people who were critical of the team's decision to keep Brown after serving his three-game suspension.

A week ago he gloated to reporter Peter King that Brown had been "a model citizen" in his 14 months with the Bucs.

Seven days later, here we are.
Meanwhile, Pats and Bills are in the playoffs... and the Bengals (not the Bangles) have won the AFC North after the Chiefs blew a decent sized lead. I'm certain the NFC had some games too.

Back
Top Bottom