• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

NFL

I was rewatching the interception. The second the Seahawk receiver moved in to slant, Butler was booking it to where the reception was going to be. He got there first. An incredible play, because he saw it coming instantly.

I was rewatching the interception. The second the Seahawk receiver moved in to slant, Butler was booking it to where the reception was going to be. He got there first. An incredible play, because he saw it coming instantly.

Because he studied the hell out of the game tapes and recognized the play and stepped into the middle of it. It was incredible because of the hard work he put into doing his job well.

Because he studied the hell out of the game tapes and recognized the play and stepped into the middle of it. It was incredible because of the hard work he put into doing his job well.
You are just grumpy because you can't say Tom Brady choked again. ;)

How do you figure? The man choked and lost the game. Then Seattle just managed to out-choke him.

How do you figure? The man choked and lost the game. Then Seattle just managed to out-choke him.

How do you figure? Brady had one bad-decision pass in the 1st Quarter that Lane intercepted at the end of a Brady led drive downfield. After that he had one of the best QB performances in recent superbowl history. He completed more passes than any QB in superbowl history, had a 101 QB rating, 4 passing TDs, and led his team on 2 pass-centric touchdown drives in the 4th quarter to go from 10 points down to 4 points up, leaving his defense with what should have been an easy task to prevent a Seattle 80 yard TD drive in the final 2 minutes. The Pats defense is who almost blew it by giving up 3 big pass plays on that drive, though the 3rd was actually good defense and just bad dumb luck. Then Butler made another great defensive play and this time intercepted it.
Had Butler not intercepted that ball and the Pats lost, it would be on the defense, not Brady. He did his job and did it rather well. I'm not a Pats fan and part of me wants to hate Brady and Bill, but I can't find any good reason to. They are both among the best in history, and the fact that it's not just raw physical talent but smarts that got them there makes me like them all the more. BTW, Bill intentionally did not call a time out in that last minute because he is much smarter than all the fans and the announcers yelling at him to do it. He let the clock run to 26 seconds, knowing it would pressure the Seahawks to pass in order to avoid losing the a 4th down play if needed (not enough time to run 3 times without a panicked scramble on 4th. Given that situation, Seattle passing wasn't as terrible a call as people are making it, just the choice of type of pass play rather than a play-option swing out wide. with a fade route away from defender central. An incomplete would have left 20 seconds with a timeout allowing 2 tries for Lynch to try to run it in.

Last edited:

How do you figure? Brady had one bad-decision pass in the 1st Quarter that Lane intercepted at the end of a Brady led drive downfield. After that he had one of the best QB performances in recent superbowl history. He completed more passes than any QB in superbowl history, had a 101 QB rating, 4 passing TDs, and led his team on 2 pass-centric touchdown drives in the 4th quarter to go from 10 points down to 4 points up, leaving his defense with what should have been an easy task to prevent a Seattle 80 yard TD drive in the final 2 minutes. The Pats defense is who almost blew it by giving up 3 big pass plays on that drive, though the 3rd was actually good defense and just bad dumb luck. Then Butler made another great defensive play and this time intercepted it.
Had Butler not intercepted that ball and the Pats lost, it would be on the defense, not Brady. He did his job and did it rather well. I'm not a Pats fan and part of me wants to hate Brady and Bill, but I can't find any good reason to. They are both among the best in history, and the fact that it's not just raw physical talent but smarts that got them there makes me like them all the more. BTW, Bill intentionally did not call a time out in that last minute because he is much smarter than all the fans and the announcers yelling at him to do it. He let the clock run to 26 seconds, knowing it would pressure the Seahawks to pass in order to avoid losing the a 4th down play if needed (not enough time to run 3 times without a panicked scramble on 4th. Given that situation, Seattle passing wasn't as terrible a call as people are making it, just the choice of type of pass play rather than a play-option swing out wide. with a fade route away from defender central. An incomplete would have left 20 seconds with a timeout allowing 2 tries for Lynch to try to run it in.

You completely missed the point of the post.

Back
Top Bottom