• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Noam Chomsky's Day Off

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
Exhausted Noam Chomsky Just Going To Try And Enjoy The Day For Once

700.hq.jpg

"Yes, this magazine may be nothing more than a subtle media tool intended to obfuscate the government's violent agenda with comforting bromides, but I'm not going to let that get under my skin," Chomsky said. "I mean, why should I? It's absolutely beautiful outside. I should just go and enjoy myself and not think about any of this stuff."

Added Chomsky, glancing back over at the periodical, "Even if it is just another way in which individuals are methodically fed untruths that slowly shape their perceptions of reality, dulling their ability to challenge and defy a government bent on carrying out its own selfish and destructive—no, no Noam, not today, none of that today."

Chomsky also found the burger to be too salty.

"All right, all right," the noted critic and philosopher said, "I'm going back home, writing one—just one—reasoned, scathing essay, and getting it out of my system. But then I'm definitely going back to the park to walk around and just enjoy the nice weather. I'm serious."

"Because there's got to be more to life than the way that wage slavery strips the individual of his or her inherent dignity and personal integrity," Chomsky continued. "Right?"
:D
One of The Onion's best articles.

I feel like I've gotten a few laughs out of the Onion today, that being one of them. I've set up my Facebook newsfeed so it's almost exclusively The Onion, and another similar site based out of the UK called 'The Daily Mash'. Constant funny. I believe the other one that got a snort out of me was this:

Iranian Team Openly Working On Bomb In Negotiating Room

700.jpg

Back
Top Bottom