• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

North Korea doesn't like the attitude of the US

southernhybrid

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/north-korean-negotiator-teases-and-flatters-as-pompeo-enters-second-day-of-talks/2018/07/07/d2a06324-8175-4589-bf08-def6e56aa962_story.html?utm_term=.451438607e79

TOKYO — Just hours after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo departed North Korea after two days of nuclear negotiations, North Korea sharply criticized the U.S. attitude ot the talks “regrettable” and accused the United States of making demands of unilateral denuclearization.

The remarks from North Korea’s foreign ministry directly contradicted statements made by Pompeo that the visit made “progress on almost all of the central issues” and involved “good-faith negotiations.”

Pompeo has come under increasing pressure to produce tangible results from a June 12 summit that President Trump quickly touted as a game-changing moment that eliminated North Korea’s nuclear threat.

Adding to the pressure on Pompeo to deliver tangible results is a leaked U.S. intelligence assessment casting doubt on North Korea’s willingness to relinquish its arsenal.

Nauert said Pompeo called Trump on Saturday morning to update him on the talks, a call that included White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly and national security adviser John Bolton.

During the visit, Nauert said, the two sides agreed to set up working groups to deal with the “nitty-gritty stuff,” including verification of efforts to achieve denuclearization, but there was no indication that the North Korean working group would be empowered by Kim Jong Un, a necessary ingredient for any progress.

No surprise here.

This is PR for both sides. NK gets international recognition as a "big boy" country while Trump can say he met with NK and tried. Both sides will blame the other for the lack of real progress. And in the USA, Trump supporters will lap it up because they will believe that Trump had a real chance and he took it but that he would not back down from the NK goons.

North Korea doesn't like the attitude of the US

:hysterical:
No shit?

Dear Leader Kim said:
"Gangster-like threats"

But don't worry, they're no longer a threat. Thank you Lord Donald.

I know right. It will all be fine because Pompeo is going back to tell Kim thatTrump really, really meant it when he told Kim that he must unilaterally get rid of all the nukes, etc. Or else!!! I don't think Trump noticed when the major news sources reported that Kim is still building up his nuclear weapons. After all, the failing NYTimes is fake news. You can't ever trust those rich coastal elites, especially not the ones from Queens. Trump and Pompeo get all the info they need from Fox.

This place is bringing out my Joisey girl sarcasm.

:hysterical:
No shit?

But don't worry, they're no longer a threat. Thank you Lord Donald.

I know right. It will all be fine because Pompeo is going back to tell Kim thatTrump really, really meant it when he told Kim that he must unilaterally get rid of all the nukes, etc. Or else!!! I don't think Trump noticed when the major news sources reported that Kim is still building up his nuclear weapons. After all, the failing NYTimes is fake news. You can't ever trust those rich coastal elites, especially not the ones from Queens. Trump and Pompeo get all the info they need from Fox.

This place is bringing out my Joisey girl sarcasm.

:D
Your sarcasm is well-placed.

WSJ said:
"TOKYO—The path ahead for talks with North Korea appeared uncertain after a weekend visit by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo ended with Pyongyang accusing the U.S. of “gangster-like tactics” and increasing the “risk of war,” but saying it retained confidence in President Donald Trump to reach an agreement on denuclearization."

Cheato says he's going resume "maximum pressure", but that horse has long-since left the barn. He's in a trade war with China who is trading gleefully with Kim, so they'll be no help. S. Korea seems to like its newfound detente, and all the other cards in his tiny hand are Jokers (with his own face on them). But of course, he can simply reiterate to his Baseholes that he has taken care of the threat from N Korea, and they will sleep like babies.

If Dems don't run out in record numbers (and maybe even if they do), we're well on our way down the rabbit hole of fascism.

This is PR for both sides. NK gets international recognition as a "big boy" country while Trump can say he met with NK and tried. Both sides will blame the other for the lack of real progress. And in the USA, Trump supporters will lap it up because they will believe that Trump had a real chance and he took it but that he would not back down from the NK goons.
While Trump's supporters can obfuscate anything, how this appears as anything but Trump getting played by the North Koreans is foreign to me. Granted, I think NK played SK a bit too, but SK wants the appearance of detente at least to keep the cycle continuing instead of endless escalation. Pompeo comes out saying the talks were good and North Korea kicks his ass as he walks out the door. That just makes the Trump Admin look real stupid.

Trump said the threat was over and cancelled "war games" without talking to the Pentagon or South Korea. So he conceded a good deal and received 3 hostages out of it. He gave North Korea a propaganda windfall, for almost nothing in return.

While Trump's supporters can obfuscate anything, how this appears as anything but Trump getting played by the North Koreans is foreign to me. Granted, I think NK played SK a bit too, but SK wants the appearance of detente at least to keep the cycle continuing instead of endless escalation. Pompeo comes out saying the talks were good and North Korea kicks his ass as he walks out the door. That just makes the Trump Admin look real stupid.

Trump said the threat was over and cancelled "war games" without talking to the Pentagon or South Korea. So he conceded a good deal and received 3 hostages out of it. He gave North Korea a propaganda windfall, for almost nothing in return.

I don't think the North Koreans are in the nukes game due to wanting to be regarded as a "big boy. " After more than 60 years of being surrounded by U.S. troops and Navy ships, and staring down those American nuclear launch tubes, and watching the U.S. state department propaganda, they have every right to feel frightened. It really is not a matter of who is the "good guy." It is a matter of one side enforcing a regimen of fear on a small country through sanctions and military threat for many years. Our leadership has to mature and work out a peace agreement with these people, and the Chinese that is FAIR TO BOTH SIDES AND THAT DEFLATES THE NUCLEAR AND MILITARY THREAT TO US ALL. We are constantly barraged by the military industrial propaganda machine that we need to invest all our resources in them, and this diverts our resources from feeding, housing, educating, and engaging our own people in this country. How many trident submarines or F-35's would we have to stop making for all our people to have government health care. The jobs could shift from destructive aggressive actions to helping people...our people, and even those we are told are on the "other side?" We are watching an extremely childish game with immense consequences for everybody in the entire world. Trump and Clinton, and Obama were all willing players in the game. That is why we cannot expect help from them. They are laying waste to our country with their destructive brinksmanship.

How many trident submarines or F-35's would we have to stop making for all our people to have government health care.

Probably none. We are already spending more than every UHC country on the planet. We just have to shift how the present money is collected and distributed.

How many trident submarines or F-35's would we have to stop making for all our people to have government health care.

Probably none. We are already spending more than every UHC country on the planet. We just have to shift how the present money is collected and distributed.

This sounds like the kind of idea which could adversely impact the quarterly bonuses of insurance company executives. Do you have any alternative suggestions which aren't as totally inane? :eek:

Let me ask a good old conservative question then: HOW DO WE PAY FOR OUR SUBMARINES AND MISSILE LAUNCHERS AND SPIES IN 76 OTHER NATIONS? We currently are paying for this shit with lower educational standards, lower living standards, people dying because they do not get adequate medical care, and homeless forced to camp under the freeway overpasses. How do we fucking pay for it? We gotta knock off the war bullshit. The economy must be conformed to the needs of society, not the paranoia and narcissism of the leadership, or it doesn't deserve to be called an economy.

So he conceded a good deal and received 3 hostages out of it. He gave North Korea a propaganda windfall, for almost nothing in return.

What did Trump concede? Did he lift the sanctions? I wouldn't call the 3 hostages nothing, unless they were just taken in preparation for this meeting.

So he conceded a good deal and received 3 hostages out of it. He gave North Korea a propaganda windfall, for almost nothing in return.

What did Trump concede? Did he lift the sanctions?
Chinese sanctions yes... via the dog and pony show.
I wouldn't call the 3 hostages nothing, unless they were just taken in preparation for this meeting.
It cost Kim almost nothing. In return he got a great deal out of it. All the US got was right-wing obfuscation.

Chinese sanctions yes... via the dog and pony show.
I wouldn't call the 3 hostages nothing, unless they were just taken in preparation for this meeting.
It cost Kim almost nothing. In return he got a great deal out of it. All the US got was right-wing obfuscation.

The one thing Kim wanted was a guarantee he would not be assassinated by our CIA...something Trump possibly couldn't guarantee. All the U.S. gets from the war hawks is obfuscation. That is a NO CHANGE ISSUE. The only way that will change is that we get a good government in power. That currently does not seem in the cards. As childish and as power hungry as current world leaders are it will be a miracle if we do not have a major military conflagration in the next few years. That appears the only way the uber rich in our country can remain happy and keep robbing the remainder of society.

Back
Top Bottom