• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Notre Dame Cathedral Burns Down

Such a shame though that God doesn't like Christians. Apparently. Perhaps they should stop being such cunts? Perhaps that would stop God punishing them? Also, Al Aqsa mosque was burning at the same time. Yesterday wasn't a good day to be a theist.

Al Aqsa was burning, too? I hadn’t heard that. Weird.

It was a beautiful building indeed. Difficult to separate that, sometimes, from the profound harm Christianity has done. But I did enjoy the craftsmanship very very much.

Not nearly as serious though. Al Aqsa is a collection of buildings. It was one of the less significant buildings that burned.

So, a WHOLE bunch of people are now on various boards blaming Muslims for Notre Dame.
The fact that experts say it was not arson is PROOF that the Muslime did it, but the pussy media is afraid to publish the fact, or the pussy government is lying about the fact.

Makes me wonder what the conspiracy overlap is.

How many people think that Muslims were innocent scapegoats for 9/11, which was an inside job, that muslims took credit for....

AND

believe that Notre Dame was a Muslim attack... For which no one has taken credit...

So, a WHOLE bunch of people are now on various boards blaming Muslims for Notre Dame.
The fact that experts say it was not arson is PROOF that the Muslime did it, but the pussy media is afraid to publish the fact, or the pussy government is lying about the fact.

Makes me wonder what the conspiracy overlap is.

How many people think that Muslims were innocent scapegoats for 9/11, which was an inside job, that muslims took credit for....

AND

believe that Notre Dame was a Muslim attack... For which no one has taken credit...

I would think it' a rather small overlap. Most 9/11 truthers are leftists who used the conspiracy as a way to attack Bush and the Iraq invasion. They would not assume Notre Dame was a Muslim attack, and in fact would deny it was true even if there was strong evidence it was, because "Islam is a religion of peace", and all critiques of it are motivated by "racist Islamophobia".

While there were some truthers of the right-wing, "small government" , John Birch Society type, I suspect most of them have changed their tune. Their motive is to make the US as selfish, uncaring, and intolerant toward the rest of the world as possible. Initially, denying that 9/11 was an act of Muslim terrorists was part of a narrative against any US military involvement in the Middle East and the "One World Order" that these rightists fear. But with increasing international calls to intervene or allow Muslim immigrants on a humanitarian basis, it makes more sense for rightists to assume that all Muslims are a threat and thus to acknowledge their role in 9/11.
A 2009 poll found that about 70% of "truthers" identified as "liberal", and that 27% of "liberals" believed George W was part of the conspiracy. They are the far left sort that attack liberal values like free speech in an effort to silence criticism of Islam, and who didn't vote in 2016 b/c Hillary wasn't extreme left enough. Bernie himself has repeatedly promoted 9/11 conspiracy notions. Just in case you thought that it's just Trump and his minions living atop Mount Stupid.

This fire is a great opportunity for Paris.

La sainte-chapelle is anyway better than Notre Dame. This church seems to be a hub due to its location and some mythical Hollywood background . Besides, one can visit better gothic in north of France or get zen meditation in Roman style churches all over Europe.

So now is the time

A terrible structure by a german called Eifel, a pyramid in the middle of the louvre by Pei an american with his roots deep in china. Paris needs this revival.

Paris is still a world metropolis and the roof of the notre dame is gone. Why not cast a concrete on top and build something clashing ?
Atheist Freemason pyramid, a temple for pazuzu or maybe a satan-gothic worship temple ?

Nudist camp anex swingers garden anyone ?

We sould start up our own competition for ideas to build something creative-liberation on top of europes no1 real estate location.

Hwat?

Notre Dame de Paris isn't the biggest, or the most heavily ornamented, but it is a classic for all the reasons certain things are considered classics: It was a bold statement of its time, the prototype for things to come. An irreplaceable link in the history of architecture.

And it is nowhere near falling down. The roof was designed with the thought that it might burn and need to be replaced in mind. Losing Viollet le Duc's spire is an enormous loss, but there's no reason to think we can't put up another one.

I'm just shocked at the people coming out of the woodwork to disparage this building.

Back
Top Bottom