• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Now that Naruto is coming to an end...

Sarpedon

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
the Philosophy of Not Giving a Damn
I guess I need new manga recommendations.

I am already reading "Attack on Titan." I was a little ambivalent about it for a while, but it hit its stride.

I've also started reading "Girls und Panzer." Which, honestly I wish had less Girls und more Panzer. I always wanted a good movie or graphic novel about tank warfare, but this is not it. The Panzers are very well drawn, however, and it is interesting enough to let me give it a try.

I didn't get into 'Full Metal Alchemist,' so unless it dramatically improves, don't re-recommend that.

You could always read Garfield!

2014-10-07.jpg

Ha ha! That Garfield! He's so funny!

I don't think Naruto is coming to an end...but rather, just the story arc is. At least, that's what I got out of what ign posted.

Bleach is pretty good. I agree that Attack on Titan has gotten better. I too need another manga to follow, but haven't really found one myself.

Some that I've read in the past that were interesting:
DeathNote
Gantz
Blue Exorcist

I've watched One Piece and think it's pretty good as well. Have to agree with Attack on Titan, between the two I look forward to seeing what's going to happen each weekend. Didn't like when CN had different things on, rather than their usual Adult Swim / Toonami Saturday night shows. The exception being the Trigun movie they had earlier this year, late last year.

My kids like Black Butler, Death Note, Ouran's High School Host Club. I haven't read any of them yet.

I guess I need new manga recommendations.

I am already reading "Attack on Titan." I was a little ambivalent about it for a while, but it hit its stride.

I've also started reading "Girls und Panzer." Which, honestly I wish had less Girls und more Panzer. I always wanted a good movie or graphic novel about tank warfare, but this is not it. The Panzers are very well drawn, however, and it is interesting enough to let me give it a try.

I didn't get into 'Full Metal Alchemist,' so unless it dramatically improves, don't re-recommend that.
This is an oldie, but "Beck" was a nice one, with a surprising semi-realistic tone. If you watch the anime, I recommend the English dub, the supposedly-US-raised characters speak real English, the voice actors really know how to sing, and the Big-Name-US-Band song lyrics are corrected to be closer to real English. The original Japanese sound requires a lot of suspension of disbelief to avoid painful Engrish.

Another oldie, but more recent, "Soul Eater" was nice at the start, with a fun mix of sillyness, horror, fourth wall breaking, and character development. The end is several volumes of constant battle, though, so I'm on the edge for this one. Also, I wouldn't recommend the anime for this one.

If you're into tanks and anime, you could still give the "Girls und Panzer" anime a try. It's short enough (one season), and fun to watch if you remember it's not supposed to show realistic battle damage. (didn't hurt that my kids were into World of Tanks when we watched that, though, might be biaised)

While I'm about older mangas, I suppose you've already read GTO, it's famous enough. If not, it's worth a try. I kind of got tired of it somewhere, didn't finish, but the first volumes were fun.

I actually haven't read any old ones. Naruto was what first got me into manga.

Back
Top Bottom