• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Obama wants "Cousin Pookie" to vote

If any of you actually cared that ignorant and uniformed people are allowed and encouraged to vote, you'd find that huge swathes of reliable Republicans disqualified.

To be fair, those reliable Republicans aren't uninformed, but rather misinformed. They've got plenty of info, and plenty of it is outright false.

If any of you actually cared that ignorant and uniformed people are allowed and encouraged to vote, you'd find that huge swathes of reliable Republicans disqualified.

To be fair, those reliable Republicans aren't uninformed, but rather misinformed. They've got plenty of info, and plenty of it is outright false.

I doubt that's the real situation on the ground in Oklahoma and Mississippi. There are undoubtedly a lot of the White versions of "Cousin Pookie" in these areas who do vote.

Which makes me wonder. Which is worse, an uninformed voter voting or a misinformed Fox viewer voting?

Which makes me wonder. Which is worse, an uninformed voter voting or a misinformed Fox viewer voting?

The Mis informed one

An uninformed voter at least has a chance of making a good choice

I have been wondering the President Obama misspoke and meant "pooka" instead of pookie.

Did you miss the part where Obama said this?

Obama said:
He’s sitting on the couch right now watching football, hasn't voted in the last five elections, you’ve got to grab him, and tell him to go vote.”

Sounds like someone not interested in politics or world affairs to me (and thus very likely to be uninformed).

It does not imply "uninformed" at all. It does imply "lazy" or "not living up to their full potential" which is exactly what I previously said it meant, not completely NOT what you claimed it meant.

By the standard you set, it is many of the Tea Partiers themselves who should not be voting. Have you posted a thread suggesting they shouldn't?
I oppose Tea Party politics as much as most here, but they tend to know who the vice president or their senators are. Or what's in the constitution. Or what each branch of the government does. Cousin Pookie or cousin Badger not so much.

Frankly, the Tea Partiers really DON'T know shit about what's in the constitution other than the second amendment, and they have generally proven themselves to be complete "morans" - at least the one's that have gotten themselves interviewed.

You have failed to show that the fictitious Cousin Pookie is ignorant, though.

A movie that is not by any stretch of the imagination the only or the original source of the term.

The term implies lazy, not all the rest

It's not even necessarily lazy, it's just a somewhat common nickname, like Ray Ray or sometimes Junebug. "Cousin Pookie" is, however, often that one cousin who can't seem to hold down a job.

I was about to type, Pookie isn't lazy. Pookie is however highly strung and blunt in speech. Hence the resume with many jobs.

Can someone explain to me why conservatives tend to focus on the non-issues so much? Is it because they can't think about the actual issues?

... I think I understand now!

Back
Top Bottom