• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Old white man says bad things about West Baltimore ...

Those are not mutually exclusive.
He is such a narcissist, I don't think he cares enough about other people to be a bigot. Trump hangs around whomever benefits him the best at whatever moment. This asshat is likely willing to ignite a riot in order to get elected.
Well, you just don't often see bigotry being defined as based on caring about people.
When I say 'care' I mean, 'give a fuck'. Bigots hate other people. I think Trump doesn't even recognize their existence, unless it affects him. So in order to get support and cheers, he'll say exactly what the deplorable far right-wing fascist base that he hooked his trailer to want to hear.

Mr Sanders did not like West Baltimore to a Third World Country according to the linked article. Mr Sanders likened the poverty he observed to that of the Third World." Unless there is a dispute about the depth and breadth of the poverty in West Baltimore, the OP is false advertising.

There is a lot of poverty there, and there is a lot of political mismanagement.

My point is that both pointed out what a basket case West Baltimore is. So why is Trump accused of "racism"?

Because he's a racist. It's really that simple.

Mr Sanders did not like West Baltimore to a Third World Country according to the linked article. Mr Sanders likened the poverty he observed to that of the Third World." Unless there is a dispute about the depth and breadth of the poverty in West Baltimore, the OP is false advertising.

There is a lot of poverty there, and there is a lot of political mismanagement.

My point is that both pointed out what a basket case West Baltimore is. So why is Trump accused of "racism"?

He is a narcissist, not a racist. He is riling up the racists.

He is a narcissist, not a racist.

He is both, but, regardless, all bigots are narcissists, so you're making a distinction without a difference. Being a bigot means you think you are superior to all others. Being a narcissist means you think you are superior to all others.

Same fucking thing, particularly from the standpoint of the victims of such irrational, non-empathetic behavior.

:confused2:

He is a narcissist, not a racist.

He is both, but, regardless, all bigots are narcissists, so you're making a distinction without a difference. Being a bigot means you think you are superior to all others. Being a narcissist means you think you are superior to all others.

Same fucking thing, particularly from the standpoint of the victims of such irrational, non-empathetic behavior.

It matters, because the intent of him isn't to make people hate blacks... the intent is to rile up those that hate blacks.

Futuristic, Utopian Paradise Of Baltimore Completely Baffled By Trump's Attacks

article-4578-2.jpg

It matters, because the intent of him isn't to make people hate blacks... the intent is to rile up those that hate blacks.

The intent of bigots is to "make people hate blacks"? Again, I don't see a relevant distinction--and he is most definitely both a narcissist and a bigot imo--but it's a minor point, so I guess so I'll bow out on this one.

The intent of bigots is to "make people hate blacks"? Again, I don't see a relevant distinction--and he is most definitely both a narcissist and a bigot imo--but it's a minor point, so I guess so I'll bow out on this one.

Trump's intent is indeed to rile up people who hate blacks (or browns, yellows - whatever) and to encourage more people to hate them.
People who harbor irrational hate, those are his voters.

July 27

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA......" / Twitter

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "....As proven last week during a Congressional tour, the Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place" / Twitter

Elijah E. Cummings on Twitter: "Mr. President, I go home to my district daily. Each morning, I wake up, and I go and fight for my neighbors. It is my constitutional duty to conduct oversight of the Executive Branch. But, it is my moral duty to fight for my constituents." / Twitter
EC then posted some more tweets about his work as head of the House's Oversight Committee.

July 28

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "“Elijah Cummings has had his chance to address it (crime & conditions in Baltimore) for decades, and he hasn’t gotten it done.” @PeteHegseth @foxandfriends How can he get it done when he just wants to use his Oversight Committee to hurt innocent people and divide our Country!" / Twitter

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "If racist Elijah Cummings would focus more of his energy on helping the good people of his district, and Baltimore itself, perhaps progress could be made in fixing the mess that he has helped to create over many years of incompetent leadership. His radical “oversight” is a joke!" / Twitter

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "Someone please explain to Nancy Pelosi, who was recently called racist by those in her own party, that there is nothing wrong with bringing out the very obvious fact that Congressman Elijah Cummings has done a very poor job for his district and the City of Baltimore. Just take..." / Twitter

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "....a look, the facts speak far louder than words! The Democrats always play the Race Card, when in fact they have done so little for our Nation’s great African American people. Now, lowest unemployment in U.S. history, and only getting better. Elijah Cummings has failed badly!" / Twitter

What makes pResident tRump so angry?

Jul 27

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "Why is so much money sent to the Elijah Cummings district when it is considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States. No human being would want to live there. Where is all this money going? How much is stolen? Investigate this corrupt mess immediately!" / Twitter

Aug 2

Donald J. Trump on Twitter: "Really bad news! The Baltimore house of Elijah Cummings was robbed. Too bad!" / Twitter

Nikki Haley on Twitter: "@realDonaldTrump This is so unnecessary. 🙄" / Twitter

Kellyanne Conway on Twitter: "THIS is so unnecessary Trump-PENCE2020 https://t.co/wopDdCWRwR" / Twitter

Early in 2016:
Gov. Nikki Haley says Donald Trump’s behavior ‘unacceptable’ | Palmetto Politics | postandcourier.com
“Donald Trump is everything we teach our kids not to do in kindergarten,” Haley said. “We have seen behavior over and over again that is just unacceptable.”

Jenna Bush Hager on Twitter: "I taught in West Baltimore. I adore my kids, their parents, and grandparents. They all want the same thing I want for my kids: the chance for their children to have safe, happy and productive lives. Let’s think about the language we use, who it hurts. https://t.co/Y5nIJdu2Ib" / Twitter
Daughter of George Bush II

Nancy Pelosi on Twitter: ".@RepCummings is a champion in the Congress and the country for civil rights and economic justice, a beloved leader in Baltimore, and deeply valued colleague. We all reject racist attacks against him and support his steadfast leadership. #ElijahCummingsIsAPatriot https://t.co/2LG8AuQrHh" / Twitter

Sanders? He's had a lot of issues with black folk. Once asked BLM activists if the vast majority of drug dealers were black, too.

Still, not a malicious white supremacist like Cheeto Benito, though.

It should be noted that the link that Derec made is a bit misleading. Sanders did not say the city itself was like a third world country, but instead the poverty level in that section of the city was like that of a third world country. The intent in changing what Sanders said to directly compare the city to a third world country and not some characteristic of the city is clearly to deliberately personalize the statement, making it lose objectivity, and make it look like something Trump would say...even worse the thread title: "Old white man says bad things about West Baltimore" makes it sound like he is insulting the people instead of talking about the level of poverty. The level of poverty is indeed low and a President should notice this and want to do something about it without the need to insult people there with offensive commentary.

Back
Top Bottom