• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Organizations < Movements < Demographics

Jason Harvestdancer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Wiccan
After the recent violence, I did a Google search to see if anyone was saying something to defend certain groups and movements. I searched "Not affiliated with BLM".

Well, right now nobody is saying that about the recent shootings, but I did find this older story instead which is interesting but not exactly relevant to my search.

But it got me thinking. There are Organizations that claim to represent Movements that claim to represent Demographics. If someone doesn't like the group, they are accused of opposing the movement and in turn accused of opposing the Demographic.

Take La Raza for example. I think that in every way they do not represent me. I am safe to criticize them because of the Demographic I am in. They have since changed their name to UnidosUS, and it is pretty safe to guess why. As a group they state they represent the movement of Hispanic rights, and what they claim are Hispanic rights are supposed to represent the Hispanic people. When I see some of my peers chanting "La Raza" I see them chanting "Hispanic KKK". That's what it means to me.

So I am in the same Demographic, which is the source population for a movement about equal rights for people of Hispanic descent, which in turn leads to certain public advocacy groups.

I think it is a farce to say that the groups absolutely do represent the populations they claim to represent. An absolute farce, but a politically convenient farce for those who claim to represent advocacy for minorities.

La Raza < Equal Rights for Hispanics < Hispanics
NOW < Equal Rights for Women < Women
BLM < Equal Rights for Black people < Black People

Mind, in the last one, I refer to BLM as the organization, not the slogan. The organization that can say "you are wrongly using our name" as in the above news story.

I think it should be quite clear that groups that claim to represent movements do not necessarily do so, and movements that claim to represent demographics do not necessarily do so.

That makes sense.

It will change, though, won’t it, depending on the specificity of the organization? The more specific they get in their plans to enact the “equality” the fewer people they will accurately represent.

Why do you think that Youtube deleted the channel of "Demographics is Destiny"?

Also this:

friend enemy.jpeg

After the recent violence, I did a Google search to see if anyone was saying something to defend certain groups and movements. I searched "Not affiliated with BLM".

Well, right now nobody is saying that about the recent shootings, but I did find this older story instead which is interesting but not exactly relevant to my search.

But it got me thinking. There are Organizations that claim to represent Movements that claim to represent Demographics. If someone doesn't like the group, they are accused of opposing the movement and in turn accused of opposing the Demographic.

Not only that, but organizations don't always get it right. I object to BLM not because they support blacks, but because I find them racist and focused on the wrong things anyway.

Still I have been very careful every time I write about BLM on this forum because even before I posted my first word on the organization I was accused of opposing it. Before.

And that opposition was used as proof that I don't support equal rights for minorities, even though I'm a minority.

Still I have been very careful every time I write about BLM on this forum because even before I posted my first word on the organization I was accused of opposing it. Before.

And that opposition was used as proof that I don't support equal rights for minorities, even though I'm a minority.

You're not the right flavor of minority, though!

If you don't express the allowed narrative, then you lose your minority status and become White Supremacist-Adjacent. Intersectionality is tricky like that.

Tribalism is thoughtless. Political tribalism is both thoughtless and careless.

Back
Top Bottom