• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Patriot Party? MAGA Patriot Party?

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Patriot Party organizer says Trump's support would give them a 'boost' | WSET
Organizers for the Patriot Party, who have been meeting for about a year with political action committees registered in five states, were surprised when they heard former President Trump might start a political party by the same name.

Party organizers have received blowback for their efforts, suggesting they'd siphon off too many Republicans and would damage right-wing candidates' chances at winning elections.
FEC filing: 'MAGA Patriot Party' incorporates in Texas | WSET
The Federal Election Commission on Monday posted a notice of organization on behalf of the "MAGA Patriot Party" in San Antonio, Texas. According to documents, the committee fundraises exclusively for the "Donald J. Trump for President" political action committee.

Trump also reportedly floated the idea of forming his own party with the same moniker, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Trump running as a third-party candidate for President in 2024? That will be a sight to see. I'm sure that he would be a massive spoiler for whichever Republican runs that year.

‘MAGA Patriot Party’ files with FEC; Trump team says it’s not affiliated | WAVY.com
Filings on Monday with the Federal Election Commission showed a push for a new political party, but brought mystery as to who is behind it.

The “MAGA Patriot Party National Committee” filed a statement of organization with the FEC using the former President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan “Make America Great Again.”
noting
Form 1 for MAGA Patriot Party National Committee - filing at the Federal Elections Commission

Cal Jillson, professor of political science, pointed out that such runs are bad for the Republican Party, pointing to Teddy Roosevelt and Ross Perot. I must note that such runs are also bad for the Democratic Party, like Ralph Nader and Jill Stein.

Trump campaign distances itself from new 'Patriot party' | Donald Trump | The Guardian - "Trump team rejects claims by new party’s founder that they are holding joint fundraising activities"

Trump political team disavows "Patriot Party" groups - Axios

Right wing versions of Nader would be nice, but I don't think they will pull enough away from the Republicans to cause them to lose elections. The Constitution party, a far right party that toes the line of the Religious Conservatives, has been in existence for decades now. They don't seem to be getting votes in swing states enough to throw it to the Democratic candidate.

As long as they claw each others' eyes out, I don't care what they call themselves or each other.
Ironic that the Qult alleging Qannibalism will end up being key to the GOP devouring itself.

I'm as optimistic as the next guy, but it is really time to accept the Patriots are not in the Super Bowl this year.

Patriot Party, MAGA Patriot Party.

I wonder if either of those have been copyrighted yet. ???

Don't forget the MAGA Party of Patriots, The Patriot's Party of MAGA, the Patriot MAGA Party, the People's Front of Judea...

Go for it! That will split the Republican vote and cause a Democratic landslide.

Don't forget the MAGA Party of Patriots, The Patriot's Party of MAGA, the Patriot MAGA Party, the People's Front of Judea...

In a way, they're the "crack suicide squad" of the Judean People's Front.

Legion of the Bald Eagle Rectum
Motto: Rectus Bloviatum Libertus Americanus (Rain down freedom on America)
Logo: Eagle aloft with hunting rifle & tripod sticking out of its hind quarters
Youth groups: Junior Rectum Hunters (boys)
Rectumettes (girls) (For some reaason, the Rectumettes' annual cookie sale is undersubscribed)
Women's Auxiliary: Raptor Rectum Homemakers (RRH) (For some reason, the RRH potluck dinner is undersubscribed)
Annual Events: Theodore Bilbo Target Shooting Eliminations (not to be confused with in-house Eagle Rectum Eliminations)
Caucasian Culture Week & Toby Keith Gun Show
Bible and Bushmaster Parade (downtown Philadelphia)
Ivanka Days (sidewalk sale in Philadelphia)
Additional Puns: I think I've done enough. USA!!!

Right wing versions of Nader would be nice, but I don't think they will pull enough away from the Republicans to cause them to lose elections. The Constitution party, a far right party that toes the line of the Religious Conservatives, has been in existence for decades now. They don't seem to be getting votes in swing states enough to throw it to the Democratic candidate.

totally disagree.. I never heard of the "constitution party", and no wonder they have had no effect (assuming they really exist). The "Trump Party" will certainly, without question, put a significant dent in GoP Republican votes. This is a good argument for the Dems to not attempt to ban Trump from future office... it fits into the notion of "not interrupting your opponent while they are losing ground".

This is a good argument for the Dems to not attempt to ban Trump from future office... it fits into the notion of "not interrupting your opponent while they are losing ground".
Naaaah. Even if he's banned from running, he's still going to play king-maker, endorsing candidates of HIS party. Which will still draw votes away from the Repugs. Which will still improve the position of Democrat candidates.

So, banning him from future office has no net costs, and plenty of net gains

totally disagree.. I never heard of the "constitution party", and no wonder they have had no effect (assuming they really exist). The "Trump Party" will certainly, without question, put a significant dent in GoP Republican votes. This is a good argument for the Dems to not attempt to ban Trump from future office... it fits into the notion of "not interrupting your opponent while they are losing ground".

They've been around since the 90s. Originally called themselves the U.S. Taxpayers Party.

https://constitutionparty.com/about-us/faqs/

I think this party already has a name. Didn't it come from the original Blues Brothers Movie?

American
Special
Select
White
Idiot
Party
Extraordinaire

Back
Top Bottom