• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Paul Ryan: FBI Needs "Cleansing"

Opoponax

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Apathetic Atheist
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/371429-ryan-calls-for-a-cleanse-of-the-fbi

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Tuesday threw his support behind releasing a controversial memo that purports to detail FBI surveillance activity, saying it will “cleanse” the organization, Fox News reported.

“Let it all out, get it all out there. Cleanse the organization,” Ryan said, according to Fox.

He went on to talk about, gallingly enough, transparency.

And apparently tonight Trump is going to deride Mueller's investigation in tonight's SOTU speech. There seems to be an opinion that Trump will go ahead and end it, but also an opposing opinion that by going into full attack mode, he can blunt the actual results of it, whereby Congressional Republicans would have an excuse to continue to do nothing no matter how bad the results of the investigation.

This is all coming at the same time that Trump isn't going to enforce sanctions against Russia.

Is this genuinely scaring the shit out of anyone? I'm worried as hell.

Anyway, when Trump allows the memo to be released, it's going to contain a lot of obfuscatory bullshit about the FISA court-issued warrant. I could explain it all now, but I'll wait until the memo comes out so that I can hit it point by point.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/371429-ryan-calls-for-a-cleanse-of-the-fbi

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Tuesday threw his support behind releasing a controversial memo that purports to detail FBI surveillance activity, saying it will “cleanse” the organization, Fox News reported.

“Let it all out, get it all out there. Cleanse the organization,” Ryan said, according to Fox.

He went on to talk about, gallingly enough, transparency.

And apparently tonight Trump is going to deride Mueller's investigation in tonight's SOTU speech. There seems to be an opinion that Trump will go ahead and end it, but also an opposing opinion that by going into full attack mode, he can blunt the actual results of it, whereby Congressional Republicans would have an excuse to continue to do nothing no matter how bad the results of the investigation.

This is all coming at the same time that Trump isn't going to enforce sanctions against Russia.

Anyway, when Trump allows the memo to be released, it's going to contain a lot of obfuscatory bullshit about the FISA court-issued warrant. I could explain it all now, but I'll wait until the memo comes out so that I can hit it point by point.

“Let it all out, get it all out there. Cleanse the” ...CONGRESS!

Can we start with the FBI agents in NY that were the source for the indictments coming regarding the Clinton Fndn?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleansing as in Stalin's чистка ('purge')? or something like Hitler's Night of the Long Knives? or Putin's "reforms"? or Kim Il Un's?

Cleansing as in Stalin's чистка ('purge')? or something like Hitler's Night of the Long Knives? or Putin's "reforms"? or Kim Il Un's?

More like Turkey but with less imprisonment. All govt employees must tow Twitler's line or be loyalists. Can't dislike the president or policies openly or be married to someone who does.

During the Obama years, there was a lot of G. Gordon Liddy talk about what you should do if a federal law enforcement agent came to your door. You had the Bundy clan (or Klan) pointing rifles at the feds.

But what usually happens - as it did after Clinton - is that the right wing suddenly becomes a big fan of law enforcement once a Republican gets back in the White House. "We need to stand by our brave men and women in uniform," etc.

Not this time. The GOP is portraying their own FBI and DOJ as enemies of the state.

Being friendly and having close ties to Russia is not scary.

What was scary was the insane Cold War.

This is just another attempt to intimidate the FBI and Mueller.

If Trump's claims are true, then he has nothing to hide and the investigation will peter out with a whimper and Mueller and the FBI will have some egg on their face. Which makes one wonder what Trump and the GOP are afraid of.

As for Ryan - he is a spineless piece of shite. His statement is pretty milquetoast (after all, any large organization could use some degree of "cleansing"). IMO, he is trying to placate the Trumpsuckers in the House without alienating what is left of the rational GOP members.

Being subservient to the Russians because they have shit on them is scary.

Subservient is a loaded word.

It depends on specific circumstances.

Is short delay of harm subservience?

Having a close relationship with Russia is a good thing.

But it should be something that more than a few rich people benefit from.

Being subservient to the Russians because they have shit on them is scary.

Subservient is a loaded word.

It is laden with precision in this context.

It depends on specific circumstances.

In current circumstances it applies fairly well.

Having a close relationship with Russia is a good thing.

I think you're confusing Russia with Putin. We have no close relationship with Russia. We have a "close" relationship with Putin because Putin has our puppet president on a very short leash.

But it should be something that more than a few rich people benefit from.

Are you planning to have this nice philosophical discussion with Uncle Vlad? I'm sure that once confronted with your compelling logic and profound show of compassion, he will order his Donald Doll to confer some riches upon the rabble - at least enough to keep the pitchforks off the streets.

[Paranoid Mode = ON]

I hope Mueller has all his files archive someplace safe, just in case.

I can see Cheetolini getting rid of Mueller and have his "Brown Shirts" go into the offices and the files "disappear".

[Paranoid Mode = OFF]

Later,
ElectEngr

[Paranoid Mode = ON]

I hope Mueller has all his files archive someplace safe, just in case.

I can see Cheetolini getting rid of Mueller and have his "Brown Shirts" go into the offices and the files "disappear".

[Paranoid Mode = OFF]

Later,
ElectEngr

Not gonna happen. Surely someone in the WH has noticed that the FBI will have prepared for that eventuality. As it is, they are stuck with trying to execute a Slo-Mo version of the Saturday Night Massacre of Nixon fame. Even if it succeeds, all the information already gathered will eventually come to light.

FBI Agents Association issued this statement yesterday (emphasis mine):

https://fbiaa.org/fbiaa-press-releases-list/statement-fbi-agents-association said:
The FBI Agents Association appreciates FBI Director Chris Wray standing shoulder to shoulder with the men and women of the FBI as we work together to protect our country from criminal and national security threats. As Director Wray noted, FBI Special Agents have remained steadfast in their dedication to professionalism, and we remain focused on our important work to protect the country from terrorists and criminals—both domestic and international. Special Agents take a solemn oath to our country and to the Constitution, and the American public continues to be well-served by the world’s preeminent law enforcement agency.

Notice the switch from the usual "foreign and domestic". You know, the one in the Constitution, the FBI Oath of Office, the Oath of Allegiance, the Oath of Enlistment, etc. Shots fired.

Back
Top Bottom