• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pete Buttigieg is out!

Why? He's obviously a very intelligent man who realized he had no path to victory. There are a few more who need to do the same thing.

He didn’t have the numbers going into Super Tuesday or the mountain of cash needed to move them. Like his service to the country, he did the selfless thing. He got out now to strengthen support for the Democrats.
I suspect whatever conversation his campaign had with the Biden group amounted to: “How can we help?”.
What’s left are three very old dudes who should be required to state their VP picks now and two candidates who are more concerned with their own selfish ends than the country. And Tulsi.

Just two days ago he was asking my wife for money. What's he doing with all that money he got?

Just two days ago he was asking my wife for money. What's he doing with all that money he got?

It's likely in Pete's case that most of it will be earmarked for future election campaigns, as that is a legal use and he still has a long political career ahead of him. If your wife contributed more than $2700, she may be offered a refund. The number 1 rule is that it cannot be used for personal expenditures, nor can more than $2000 go to another federal candidate, though more can be turned over to the general election fund for the party itself.

His campaign confirmed that he dropped out so the moderate vote could be split less on Super Tuesday, despite the fact that most of his supporters' second choice is Bernie Sanders (though it's close).

It's likely in Pete's case that most of it will be earmarked for future election campaigns, as that is a legal use and he still has a long political career ahead of him. If your wife contributed more than $2700, she may be offered a refund. The number 1 rule is that it cannot be used for personal expenditures, nor can more than $2000 go to another federal candidate, though more can be turned over to the general election fund for the party itself.

So will he give it to Biden? It's only 20 bucks but he really made it sound like it was urgent for his campaign.

Wait.. let me get this straight... err.. "straight"...
A self-proclaimed gay man, with the word "Butt" in his name, ISN'T going to be elected President of the United States of Prejudice? well color me colored.

Klobuchar has also dropped out, and is also endorsing Biden. Apparently the specter of Bernie winning the nomination has gotten too real.

Time alone will tell whether "We picked this guy because we were desperate" will prove to be a catchier campaign slogan than "Make America great again!"

This is the moment we have been waiting for, and the key race right now is in my home state. If Warren loses MA, she will be forced to drop out, and no matter who she endorses, most of her support will go to Bernie.

This is the moment we have been waiting for, and the key race right now is in my home state. If Warren loses MA, she will be forced to drop out, and no matter who she endorses, most of her support will go to Bernie.

It's not looking great for Warren, according to polling. Has she been campaigning heavily in Massachusetts? I don't think she visited the west coast much at all, aside from a stump speech in LA last week.

She has to drop out soon due to money. How soon? Not sure.

It's not due to money, as she has a SuperPAC funneling $14 million from who-knows-where into her campaign despite promising never to take a dime from shady sources like that. She has to drop out because she has no path to the nomination, and if she stays it'll be because she wants a Biden cabinet position instead of a progressive agenda for the USA.

She has to drop out soon due to money. How soon? Not sure.

It's not due to money, as she has a SuperPAC funneling $14 million from who-knows-where into her campaign despite promising never to take a dime from shady sources like that. She has to drop out because she has no path to the nomination, and if she stays it'll be because she wants a Biden cabinet position instead of a progressive agenda for the USA.

It almost looks like that's her deal, but I find it hard to believe that she would cap off eight years of great work in the Senate by suddenly betraying her own principles like that. Dammit, I like Elizabeth Warren. Liked Elizabeth Warren. I don't quite understand what game she's playing right now. Unless she just really can't stand seeing the contest come down to two old white guys again, and wants to hold out hope of being the final port left open for similarly disaffected voters.

It's not looking great for Warren, according to polling. Has she been campaigning heavily in Massachusetts? I don't think she visited the west coast much at all, aside from a stump speech in LA last week.

She's here in Michigan tonight.

Back
Top Bottom