• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pete Buttigieg's "Douglass Plan" non-endorsements

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Here it is: The Douglass Plan at Pete Buttigieg's campaign site.

The Problem With Pete Buttigieg’s “Douglass Plan” for Black America

More Than 400 South Carolinians Endorse Mayor Pete Buttigieg’s Douglass Plan for Black America – HBCU Times noting its claimed support.

But Ryan Grim looked further and he discovered The Problem With Pete Buttigieg’s “Douglass Plan” for Black America Three of its most prominent claimed endorsers did not endorse PB. One of them was undecided, one of them endorsed Bernie Sanders, and one of them withdrew his endorsement.

A sizable fraction of claimed supporters were also white, and some of them were found to live outside of South Carolina.

Mayor Pete’s announcement about black support cited people who aren’t black and don’t support him.
Black South Carolinians Say Buttigieg Campaign Misleadingly Touted Their Support | HuffPost

At least one of the pictures used in that proposal was a stock photo from Kenya: Backlash over photo of Kenyan woman used for American campaign - Citizentv.co.ke

This deserved its own thread, thank you for starting it.

An enormous error. I'm very concerned that this might be our guy.

I don't agree with Pete on a lot of things, but I think he is well intended and the smartest and most articulate of the lot of 'em.

An enormous error. I'm very concerned that this might be our guy.

I don't agree with Pete on a lot of things, but I think he is well intended and the smartest and most articulate of the lot of 'em.

It's not that I don't like him, it's that he's inexperienced and keeps making little mistakes like this that will matter a lot more if he enters the lead pack.

Also, on a personal level I'm terrified that even a successful Buttigieg run could create a violent backlash against gay men going forward as happened with Obama's election and the African American community. Things were just starting to become sort of liveable in this country, and I have become dangerously incautious.

It's not that I don't like him, it's that he's inexperienced and keeps making little mistakes like this that will matter a lot more if he enters the lead pack.

Enters the lead pack as a candidate, meaning he can't get the nomination? Or as the candidate, meaning he can't get elected? Or as President?
I assume it's one of the first two. God, how I long for the days of the President making "little mistakes" like tan suits, and even badly targeted drone attacks.

Pete is a genuinely evil person who has mastered the art of appearing non-threatening. His history as a McKinsey consultant, just now coming to light, was a lot more sinister than he ever let on. Basically, he was in charge of something like "economic development in warzones". Which, for the non-blindfolded among us, is about private corporations looting the natural resources of Middle Eastern nations after they get bombed to rubble, and installing strongholds that benefit American business interests there.

The Vogue puff piece on Pete includes this little tidbit:
Showing me into a living room where books on display range from Thomas Piketty’s Capital in the Twenty-First Century to Peanuts: A Golden Celebration, he takes a seat in front of a huge resource-and-mineral map of Afghanistan.
Normal thing to have on a wall

lynchwhistling.JPG

Back
Top Bottom