• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Phil Robertson Of 'Duck Dynasty' Reveals Bizarre Atheist Rape And Murder Fantasy

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/25/phil-robertson-atheist-rape_n_6936662.html

"Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson delivered a bizarre speech in which he created a hypothetical scenario about an atheist being forced to watch his "little atheist daughters" get raped and then having his penis hacked off and shown to him.

Speaking at a Christian event in Florida on Friday, Robertson was apparently trying to "prove" that having no belief in the afterlife and its consequences would make any level of violence acceptable.

and

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/phil-robertsons-advice-gay-men-just-marry-woman
After telling men who are “shacked up” with their girlfriends to get married and “have it, she’s yours then,” Robertson said men in same-sex relationships should simply “call the dude, find you a woman and marry her.” “You’re not in a trap you can’t get out of,” Robertson said. “Come on!”

Changing one's thought patterns through education and getting one's head out of one's ass is hard. Listening to some asshat tell you you're smart to your head up your ass is easy and rewarding. Robertson and his ilk will always have at least a niche audience.

Every large group has its share of idiots.

Most of the time, the idiots get pushed to the margins.

Sometimes, the idiots get pushed up to the microphone.

Wow. I can't wait for his next installment. I have always wanted to know why negroes eat so much fried chicken and watermelon. I'm sure he'll let us know.

It's a bit dishonest to call this a "fantasy" as though he secretly wishes for it to happen.

It's a bit dishonest to call this a "fantasy" as though he secretly wishes for it to happen.

I beg to differ. His ideology has all the best tenets for cultivating hatred and the us vs. them mentality that makes demonization of others so easy. Remember that the Duck guy's belief system is one of identity, hijacking our myriad social and cognitive behaviors that, without cognitively-challenged beliefs interfering, have served us well.

He cannot help but to see non-believers as a threat to all he identifies with, and not just an ideological opposition. And probably any psychologist could point out the conflict between that framework of threat and the claims of goodness from the religious.

You do the math. I doubt this particular person will ever do more than obnoxiously yapping at us in his moment of fame (after all, he grew up and lives in a relatively peaceful society), but on the whole, his mentality is not far removed from jihadists. Put the right pressures and conditions on him and he would almost certainly engage in inhumane acts against others.

His particular religious flavor fosters a robust capacity for rationalizing, justifying, and avoiding questioning. This is what allows otherwise peaceful people to accept and support things like war and terrorist activities. This one chooses to use his celebrity status to spread fear and divisiveness against people who have done nothing to him. Why? Because this fuckwad really believes, just as conservative media, his family and community, and various ideological mouthpieces have indoctrinated into him, that atheists and gays are doing harm to him and his in-group, and nothing in his ideological world can challenge that belief.

It's not just a fantasy - it's a depraved one.

a bizarre speech in which he created a hypothetical scenario about an atheist being forced to watch his "little atheist daughters" get raped
Um....wasn't this Lot's plan to protect his guests?

No, Lot's daughters were little theist daughters. Totally different situation altogether. Try to keep up.

You know these guys are laughing all the way to the bank, right? They keep saying more and more outrageous shit and you do the marketing for them. The outrage is ALL OVER Facebook. These guys are amazing geniuses at getting attention. Phil Robertson’s Family Before Duck Dyanasty:

Jep-Robertson-Before.jpg
Jase-Robertson-Before.jpg
Willie-Robertson-Before.jpg
Duck-Dynasty-Fake-Playing-Golf.jpg

Robertson said:
"And then they take his two daughters in front of him and rape both of them and then shoot 'em and they take his wife and then decapitate her head off in front of him. And then they can look at him and say, 'Isn't it great that I don’t have to worry about being judged? Isn't it great that there's nothing wrong with this? There's no right or wrong, now is it dude?'
First off, dude?

Secondly, don't born again Christians think faith is all that is needed and that all is forgiven? That they can literally do all the above and still get into Heaven, no questions asked? And this is ignoring the Calvinistic theology that states god chooses who believes or not.

At least the Atheist has the Civil Code to fall back on.

You know these guys are laughing all the way to the bank, right? They keep saying more and more outrageous shit and you do the marketing for them.
You know, you'r e right. The more outrageous shit should be ignored.
We should let these fuckers and their dittoheads completely dominate such conversations, without any sort of quibble.

Yes, but then, headlines are usually written to grab attention, not accurately represent reality.

Sounds a lot like the 1/2 governor of Alaska jetting around, collecting huge speaking fees for being 'outspoken' (as she reads off her hands.)
Or like Blondie McProstate (Ms. Coulter) launching another of her snotty books.
There's got to be a whole lot of people supporting this stuff. I just don't know any, personally. The Duck Dynasty phenomenon, from the very little I know of it, seems even dopier than those two twats.

Sounds a lot like the 1/2 governor of Alaska jetting around, collecting huge speaking fees for being 'outspoken' (as she reads off her hands.)
Or like Blondie McProstate (Ms. Coulter) launching another of her snotty books.
There's got to be a whole lot of people supporting this stuff. I just don't know any, personally. The Duck Dynasty phenomenon, from the very little I know of it, seems even dopier than those two twats.
phil-robertson-thumbs-up-2-gif.gif

Back
Top Bottom