• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Please watch FOX News!

I'm with those who can't, can't, can't sit still for one minute of F*X N***S. I just don't like fair and balanced coverage, I guess. Seriously, a Martian (and a mid-level dope of a Martian, who flunked parallel space docking) could visit our planet, take one look at any single minute of F*X, and he'd point at the screen and say, "Republican news."
At least on MSNBC, Trump is limited on most days to short video clips -- and I still end up upsetting the dog by hollering 'Fuck You!' at the TV. With F*X on, I'm sure I'd be hoarse after 10 minutes.

Of the Sunday morning news programs I watch every week:

• Meet the Press with Chuck Todd
  • Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan
  • This Week with George Stephanopoulos
  • Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace
I think Chris Wallace is the best, toughest and most persistent interviewer among them. Chuck Todd is the worst and least incisive. The other daily political talk shows are pretty much bubble gum for the brain. The only one I watch nightly is Maddow. Not just for her interviews, which are good, although not confrontation like Wallace's. But for the incredible investigatory team she has behind her. She always begins with some lengthy background history that she uses to make sense of the latest news story. Plus I think she has the fewest commercial breaks. It's always at least 20 minutes before the first one.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/...rts-crtv-one-day-after-blaze-merger-announced

Conservative author Michelle Malkin announced Monday she was leaving CRTV after the organization merged with Glenn Beck’s The Blaze.
"I am so proud of the investigative journalism I did for CRTV,” Malkin said to her 2.14 million followers. “So many heroes, so many compelling stories. I will not be continuing with the company, but wish my colleagues all the best.”

And then..

https://www.thedailybeast.com/conse...elle-malkin-over-support-for-holocaust-denier
A conservative group cut ties with right-wing columnist Michelle Malkin on Sunday over her support for an anti-Semitic internet personality, ramping up a growing conservative civil war centered on college campuses.
Malkin’s firing from Young America’s Foundation, whose speakers bureau had booked Malkin for speeches across the country for the past 17 years, marks the latest battle between supporters of Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes and more establishment conservative figures.
“Michelle Malkin in no longer part of YAF’s campus lecture program,” a YAF spokesman said in an email to The Daily Beast.

------

Sometimes there is good news.

I think Chris Wallace is the best, toughest and most persistent interviewer among them. Chuck Todd is the worst and least incisive. The other daily political talk shows are pretty much bubble gum for the brain. The only one I watch nightly is Maddow. Not just for her interviews, which are good, although not confrontation like Wallace's. But for the incredible investigatory team she has behind her. She always begins with some lengthy background history that she uses to make sense of the latest news story. Plus I think she has the fewest commercial breaks. It's always at least 20 minutes before the first one.

I have absolutely zero respect for Chris Wallace. There was his infamous interview with Jon Stewart (the full version has been taken down but you can see snippets of it here) where he tried to argue that FOX is no different to other media outlets, comedians should be held to the same standards as journalists and a shit ton of whataboutisms just for good measure. Then there was his discussion with Stephen Colbert where he asserted that it is his role to call out balls and strikes. Chris Wallace isn't a journalist, he's an umpire at a fucking baseball match and his shows have a scoreboard behind him. Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I suspect Wallace would rather be a performer than the role he is currently doing at FOX.

I have absolutely zero respect for Chris Wallace. There was his infamous interview with Jon Stewart (the full version has been taken down but you can see snippets of it here) where he tried to argue that FOX is no different to other media outlets, comedians should be held to the same standards as journalists and a shit ton of whataboutisms just for good measure. Then there was his discussion with Stephen Colbert where he asserted that it is his role to call out balls and strikes. Chris Wallace isn't a journalist, he's an umpire at a fucking baseball match and his shows have a scoreboard behind him. Maybe I'm being unreasonable, but I suspect Wallace would rather be a performer than the role he is currently doing at FOX.

Thanks for those links. I'll need to review them. I've only seen him do the Sunday morning show. All I can say is that I see him as being very tough on typical Republican Trump supporters including the likes of Steven Miller (that guy gives me the chills). He just refuses to be led off track or let them avoid answering the questions, which always concern the Trump/Republican screw-ups from the past week.

Rediscovered the full version of Chris Wallace interviewing Jon Stewart. Here it is:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYbtUztVctI[/youtube]

Rediscovered the full version of Chris Wallace interviewing Jon Stewart. Here it is:

[/youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYbtUztVctI[/youtube]

I was really kind of hoping that video would show me how partisan Wallace is (or was since it was from during the 2008 campaign), but it pretty much reinforced my views of both Stewart and Wallace. I couldn't take very much of the Daily Show because Stewart is just too manic for my taste. Same reason I never could get to enjoy Robin Williams standup routines. And btw I don't share his high opinion of South Park either. Stewart complains about sensationalism in journalism but that's the kind of comedy he falls back on quite a bit. It's cheap laughs. But I'd say the interview was very well done. In fact at 17:38 Stewart confirms my opinion:

Stewart: I will defend everything we put on my show.
Wallace: And I will defend everything we put on this show.
Stewart: Oh, and by the way. How often do you see your show on my show? My beef isn't with you. I think Mr Ales has very brilliantly put you on. And I think you're a tough interviewer. I think you're a fair interviewer.

MNSBC has been showing quite a few Fox clips over the weekend. Wallace isn't the problem. He's a new reporter, even if he's somewhat biased. He's nothing like the pundits on Fox. It's the pundits who lie and twist the truth. That is why it's doubtful that public opinion will change much, if at all.

I know a Fox watcher. She believes every word that comes out of their mouths. They are calling the impeachment hearings a joke, a circus. They are claiming that the Dems have been trying to impeach Trump for years. It's very difficult to watch these liars but it does help one understand why so many Americans have been totally brainwashed in regards to Trump.

When Nixon was impeached, we only had three network stations and most people were tuned in and watched the impeachment, or read about in newspapers. That eventually changed public opinions. What will it take these days?

Back
Top Bottom