• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Police Misconduct Catch All Thread

ZiprHead

Loony Running The Asylum
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Don't be a dick.
I'll start with this one.:

NYPD Officer Still Has A Job Even Though He Was Caught Planting Weed On Two Innocent Men In Separate Incidents

A New York Police Department officer is still roaming the streets after his own body camera captured him apparently planting drugs on innocent people twice.

The Intercept acquired bodycam footage reportedly showing Officer Kyle Erickson planting weed in a car during a traffic stop on March 13, 2018.

In the video, Erickson and his partner Elmer Pastran, pulled over a Staten Island driver who supposedly had a broken taillight. Jason Serrano was sitting in the passenger seat during the stop. Serrano, who was recovering from a stab wound, and his female friend were ordered out of the car after the cops claimed they smelled weed.

“I can barely move,” Serrano said while lifting his shirt to show the wound on his abdomen.

“I don’t want to see that,” Erickson replied. When the officers demanded to search Serrano’s jacket he kept protesting — “There’s nothing in there. … I’m not getting searched for no reason” — and was eventually thrown to the ground despite the severity of his injuries.

“They said I was resisting arrest, but I just didn’t want to hit the floor, the only thing I was thinking about was [the injury],” Serrano told The Intercept. “I still had staples in me. … I couldn’t even stand up straight.”

Erickson searched the car while Pastran searched Serrano’s jacket, but they didn’t find anything.

“We gotta find something,” Erickson can be heard telling Pastran.

Erickson goes back to the car for another search. His body camera shows him fiddling with a small nugget of weed before he dropped it in a cup holder. The officers exchange a look and asked each other if they were “good,” as if they were confirming Erickson’s plant.

Details Surrounding MCPD Involved Shooting in Potomac Still Not Released/

It has been almost three months since a Potomac man was fatally shot by a member of the Montgomery County Police Department Tactical Unit, but many details surrounding the case still have not been made public.

Since the March 12 death police-involved shooting of 21-year-old Duncan Lemp in his bedroom, the name of the officer who fired the fatal shots, autopsy results and any police camera video has yet to be released.

MCPD used a special warrant that allowed its officers to enter the home in the 12200 block of St. James Road in Potomac without first knocking.

Well, Duncan Lemp was White so no one cares.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/15/...nl-lapd-officer-kneeling-neck-trnd/index.html

Just a few weeks ago, SNL Star, Jay Pharoah was minding his own business, out for a jog, when four police officers pulled their weapons on him and kneeled on his neck even though he was fully cooperating with them.

His crime? He looked like someone they were looking for.

Physical assault against citizens who are fully compliant and law abiding.

First published in the 70's I believe. Might still have the issue in storage.

MadMagazine.png

A woman, Atatiana Jefferson, is home playing video games with her nephew at night, in Fort Worth, when she hears a suspicious sound in her backyard. She pulls her firearm out of her purse and looks out the window to investigate. The trespassers yell, "Put your hands up! Show me your hands!" then shoot through the window killing her. The strangers slinking around in her backyard were police officers who did not identify themselves. They had been dispatched by a concerned neighbor who saw an open door.
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/12/20/us/atatiana-jefferson-death-officer-indicted/index.html

Last edited:

NYPD Officer Still Has A Job Even Though He Was Caught Planting Weed On Two Innocent Men In Separate Incidents

A New York Police Department officer is still roaming the streets after his own body camera captured him apparently planting drugs on innocent people twice.

The Intercept acquired bodycam footage reportedly showing Officer Kyle Erickson planting weed in a car during a traffic stop on March 13, 2018.

In the video, Erickson and his partner Elmer Pastran, pulled over a Staten Island driver who supposedly had a broken taillight. Jason Serrano was sitting in the passenger seat during the stop. Serrano, who was recovering from a stab wound, and his female friend were ordered out of the car after the cops claimed they smelled weed.

“I can barely move,” Serrano said while lifting his shirt to show the wound on his abdomen.

“I don’t want to see that,” Erickson replied. When the officers demanded to search Serrano’s jacket he kept protesting — “There’s nothing in there. … I’m not getting searched for no reason” — and was eventually thrown to the ground despite the severity of his injuries.

“They said I was resisting arrest, but I just didn’t want to hit the floor, the only thing I was thinking about was [the injury],” Serrano told The Intercept. “I still had staples in me. … I couldn’t even stand up straight.”

Erickson searched the car while Pastran searched Serrano’s jacket, but they didn’t find anything.

Erickson goes back to the car for another search. His body camera shows him fiddling with a small nugget of weed before he dropped it in a cup holder. The officers exchange a look and asked each other if they were “good,” as if they were confirming Erickson’s plant.

This makes no sense. Once a cop has been busted like this he's worthless in court.

This makes no sense. Once a cop has been busted like this he's worthless in court.
Do I see a tiny glimmer of comprehension there?

Keep going Loren, learning and growing is a little painful sometimes, but you can do it if you try hard enough.

Video shows police gave CTA supervisor a choice: Drop complaint against Chicago officer or face arrest

When CTA supervisor Martesa Lee attempted to lodge a complaint against a Chicago police officer in February, she was given a choice:

Drop her grievance against the officer she accused of pushing her out of an unmarked crime scene on a Red Line platform or face possible arrest.

“Is it worth it to you?” Chicago police Sgt. William Spyker asked her.

It was.

Authorities arrested Lee in front of her co-workers and a platform of CTA riders after she informed the sergeant she would not let the matter go. With her hands cuffed behind her back and tears streaming down her face, she refused additional opportunities to retract her grievance and regain her freedom.

“He pushed me,” she said, again and again.

The incident, captured on police body camera videos obtained by the Tribune, exemplifies the kind of small, typically undocumented occurrences that can erode community trust in the Chicago Police Department, especially at a time of renewed focus on law enforcement conduct nationally. Critics contend it highlights, yet again, a decades-old “code of silence” — an unwritten understanding that officers protect one another at all cost — that has led to federal oversight of the department in recent years.

Miami-Dade police officer hitting woman at MIA, video shows | Miami Herald

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtWuMmAOk0g[/YOUTUBE]

She was being very obnoxious, really asking for it, but still that guy needs to find another line of work.

Not quite the overreaction it looks like--she hit him first.
It is quite the overreaction - the officer is supposed to be professional, and the woman barely touched him (if at all).

She was being very obnoxious, really asking for it, but still that guy needs to find another line of work.

Um, even if she had, it would be an overreaction. But definitely, she as being obnoxious and belligerent. But nothing to merit being struck like that. If she did head-butt the officer, she should have been arrested for assault.

Um, even if she had, it would be an overreaction. But definitely, she as being obnoxious and belligerent. But nothing to merit being struck like that. If she did head-butt the officer, she should have been arrested for assault.

It's not a head-butt, but body-shoving him.

It's not a head-butt, but body-shoving him.

That doesn't change anything, Loren.

That makes it okay to you?

Also, someone needs to check on his wife. She is not okay

Back
Top Bottom