• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Political debate about intelligent design

veclock

Basic Beliefs
Atheism
Hi, I dunno if this thread is misplaced, however, I'd like to make a video request.
I want to see a political debate/discussion about intelligent design, between american politicians as high up as possible.
Perhaps also a debate between a scientist and a politician? I'd like to study how politicians argue with respect to science.

Thanks in advance!

Most American politicians are smart enough to avoid open debates about evolution because they know they would lose. I doubt you will find any American politicians engaging in a debate about evolution, but you will find plenty of public statements by American politicians that simply parrot the same bad arguments for creationism made by American evangelicals (since the whole point of a pro-creationist stance is to appeal to evangelical voters).

Here is a typical example:

Notice that he does not actually make any arguments in favor of his conclusion, but rather makes an assertion and does not support his assertion. This is the typical approach of evangelicals.

Back
Top Bottom