• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Political Ponerology

BH

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Muslim

This is a book written by a Polish psychologist several years ago about psychopathic types and how they can infiltrate organizations and governments over time and take over, ultimately leading to the downfall of said organizations and governments.

With all this mess with Trump going on I thought I'd ask if anyone else here read this this book and what they thought of it?

I have not read the book, but it can't be emphasized enough that Trump is a symptom, not the disease. Trump hasn't actually done much at all. People in the GOP saw potential in the support of Trump and rallied forces to that (see Elise Stefanik). With Trump being a blithering moron, managing and controlling the movement would be so easy. The GOP overall would see the cash cow he was and in general, as long as they had control, they'd be able to get far right judges and tax cuts through. He had no agenda, it would all be their own. His "priorities" like the wall got almost no attention. They got their judges, they got their massive corporate tax cut.

So Trump was a means to an end when they couldn't get a team player in. His nomination was foreshadowed by the 2012 GOP primary.

I've been reading through this book. Right now, I can't explain in text why the author says this happens but often times what he calls a spellbinder starts and develops a mass movement. Spellbinders know how to work crowds and stir them up telling them what they want to hear. This spellbinder often has mental issues but is not necessarily antisocial. As the organization he or she leads grows its attracts people of all types. Usually, a psychopathic person works their way up the hierarchy and eventually bumps the charismatic leader out of their position of power or relegates them to a practical figurehead.

I would certainly consider Trump a spellbinder. Now whether he is clinically psychopathic I don't know. He lies and he blows smoke but he did buck the system in not only not going to war with North Korea but seemingly making a sincere effort to have peace with it.

With Agenda 2025 and the cabal behind it I'm wondering if Trump himself may be just being used and then will be gotten rid of somehow when not needed by these folks anymore.

Trump did not make a "sincere" effort for peace in North Korea. The idiot got pwned by North Korea by signing an "agreement" which said things that Trump didn't understand and were outside the bounds of US foreign policy position. In theory, Trump tried to glamor Kim Jong Un into a peace deal, creating a ridiculous propaganda video showing Kim Jong Un just how great peace would be. Trump put no more effort into North Korea than he did in ordering lunch. He didn't prepare, he didn't understand the situation, he just thought that he could Art of the Deal against people who he had no idea were much better at such things than he was.

As far as populists, yes, populists happen. Cult of Personality and all. They intersect history at just the right (wrong?) time. Politics by its nature attracts sociopaths, which really just makes this a storm in the making. For the GOP, Trump is a cash cow. The guy got hundreds of millions donated to the GOP over his BS about the election being stolen. The non-populist GOP barely said a word, let the cash come in, cash that was supposed to "stop the steal" but the fine print said otherwise. And even when this comes out, his followers double down on him. And, as I noted before, in general, the GOP got what it wanted. Roe v Wade was axed among other things. Some fairly partisan judges put on the bench. Massive corporate tax cut. GOP made a deal with the devil, and won... at least in the short-term. But yes, they are playing with fire.

Trump did not make a "sincere" effort for peace in North Korea. The idiot got pwned by North Korea by signing an "agreement" which said things that Trump didn't understand and were outside the bounds of US foreign policy position. In theory, Trump tried to glamor Kim Jong Un into a peace deal, creating a ridiculous propaganda video showing Kim Jong Un just how great peace would be. Trump put no more effort into North Korea than he did in ordering lunch. He didn't prepare, he didn't understand the situation, he just thought that he could Art of the Deal against people who he had no idea were much better at such things than he was.

You give Trump more credit than he deserves. George Conway is right when he says Trump does no strategic thinking and instead acts just like an impulsive six year-old.

He's a wannabe dictator who's attracted to brutal dictators if they're successful: He'd like to emulate them. That's why he's infatuated with North Korea's Kim, the Saudi Crown Prince MBS, and other dictators. Recall that he's an Adolf Hitler fan.

Trump is especially infatuated with Vladimir Putin, head of a major multi-country crime network. Not only does Trump envy Putin his power and virility, he is grateful for the many millions Putin-influenced banks and other firms have donated to keep the Trump real estate empire solvent. (With all the litigation and disclosures, is it known how many millions Russian banks have contributed to Trump?)

(Putin most probably also serviced Trump with some of Russia's most luscious call-girls, but this may have just embarrassed the Malignant Orange Narcissist. These days his libido is best satisfied by the inane skits he performs at his campaign rallies.)

I've been reading through this book. Right now, I can't explain in text why the author says this happens but often times what he calls a spellbinder starts and develops a mass movement. Spellbinders know how to work crowds and stir them up telling them what they want to hear. This spellbinder often has mental issues but is not necessarily antisocial. As the organization he or she leads grows its attracts people of all types. Usually, a psychopathic person works their way up the hierarchy and eventually bumps the charismatic leader out of their position of power or relegates them to a practical figurehead.

I would certainly consider Trump a spellbinder. Now whether he is clinically psychopathic I don't know. He lies and he blows smoke but he did buck the system in not only not going to war with North Korea but seemingly making a sincere effort to have peace with it.

With Agenda 2025 and the cabal behind it I'm wondering if Trump himself may be just being used and then will be gotten rid of somehow when not needed by these folks anymore.
Yup. As soon as it came apparent that he had won would be installed as president in 2016, I thought he would meet his end at the hands of his puppet masters.

While Trump is indeed a psychopath, it is the millions of non-psychopaths whose cognition resembles insanity that are the problem. As so often, Bill Maher does a good job of summarizing the lunacy of today's America.

You give Trump more credit than he deserves. George Conway is right when he says Trump does no strategic thinking and instead acts just like an impulsive six year-old.

He's a wannabe dictator who's attracted to brutal dictators if they're successful: He'd like to emulate them. That's why he's infatuated with North Korea's Kim, the Saudi Crown Prince MBS, and other dictators. Recall that he's an Adolf Hitler fan.

Trump is especially infatuated with Vladimir Putin, head of a major multi-country crime network. Not only does Trump envy Putin his power and virility, he is grateful for the many millions Putin-influenced banks and other firms have donated to keep the Trump real estate empire solvent. (With all the litigation and disclosures, is it known how many millions Russian banks have contributed to Trump?)

(Putin most probably also serviced Trump with some of Russia's most luscious call-girls, but this may have just embarrassed the Malignant Orange Narcissist. These days his libido is best satisfied by the inane skits he performs at his campaign rallies.)
None of that is really relevant. People vote for this guy for two reason, 1) they are deplorable or victims of 30 years of propaganda 2) want deregulation / return to the 50s so bad, they don't care what the cost is. The 2s are the "principled" ones! :eek: The 1s are so out of touch with the world and how it works, they are unsalvageable. It doesn't matter that Trump is a fake, incapable of governing, doesn't even want to govern, stole hundreds of millions from his supporters to pay his lawyers over the guise of a fake stolen election, or that he tried to get his VP murdered. Because 1s don't believe any of that is true because they haven't read or listened to a non-partisan source since before W was President and the 2s don't care, as long as they get their 50s back.

Ditto. He's the middle school student who will get elected class president because he promises longer recess time and free candy. Let's remember that the average "adult" cognition level is about 7th grade.

Back
Top Bottom