• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Political spectrum, Trumpism, and ideological semantics (Split from Covid-19 miscellany)

Link?

Didn't think so.
Am I to assume you don't believe me?
Oh, I believe you, once you provide a link to credible evidence of a movement by the left to add paedophiles to the LGBTQIA+ umbrella.
You yourself linked to evidence. But I also did not say 'by the left'. I said sections of.
The link did not constitute evidence of a movement by the left nor by sections of the left to add paedophiles to the LGBTQIA+ umbrella, and you have yet to provide one.
The Academy has its share of leftist pedophiles like Foucault, to less prominent apologists like "queer", "non-binary" Allyn Walker .

Of course, the popular elements of the movement are all on Twitter.
That does not not constitute evidence of a movement by the left nor by sections of the left to add paedophiles to the LGBTQIA+ umbrella.

"Right-wing" and "driven by racist hatred" are NOT synonyms. (Although bigotry based on race, religion or sexual orientation is often used as a tool by authoritarians to cement their power.)

One Asian country I AM familiar with is Thailand. Here are wealthy ethnic Chinese, often dominant in business; Muslims; many gays, lesbians and transsexuals; low-wage migrants from Burma and Cambodia; many Thai nationals whose first language is not Thai; and many expat residents from Europe. Yet despite these "opportunities" for bigotry, racism and other bigotries are almost non-existent compared with Anglophone countries. (Decades ago, some politicians may have tried to foment racist memes, but unsuccessfully.) In fact in recent years, Thailand has become even LESS racist due to anti-racism messages on social media — messaging not from government or politicians, but from Thai people themselves.
And in other Asian countries? I can assure you Japan, China, and Cambodia all have people with very firm opinions about particular Asian ethnicities.
What I argued is that countries in contact with different ethnicities may develop understanding and acceptance of diversity. Isolated countries, on the other hand, may be susceptible to bogeyman fears of "the Other."
Northern Europe is often lauded as a fountain of tolerance and progressiveness, and yet those countries are among the least ethnically diverse countries in Europe. Britain has had a huge influx of immigrants of all ethnicities from the second half the twentieth century, and yet it is one of the Anglophone countries you think is a racist shit hole. A third of all people in Australia were born overseas, yet you include us also in your Anglophone theory. And then you name France as ethnically diverse but also mention the popular support for right wing leaders in elections.
As evidence of this — correct me if this half-remembered stat is wrong — anti-Muslim bigotry is highest in U.S. states with low Muslim population, anti-black bigotry highest in U.S. states with few blacks, and so on.
I don't know where you've gotten these ideas, but my instinct is that the data would show the exact opposite, or at least no obvious relationship.

This is a list of US States by percentage black population. Are Mississippi, Louisiana, and Georgia known for their antiracist credentials?

Link?

Didn't think so.
Am I to assume you don't believe me?
Oh, I believe you, once you provide a link to credible evidence of a movement by the left to add paedophiles to the LGBTQIA+ umbrella.
You yourself linked to evidence. But I also did not say 'by the left'. I said sections of.
The link did not constitute evidence of a movement by the left nor by sections of the left to add paedophiles to the LGBTQIA+ umbrella, and you have yet to provide one.
The Academy has its share of leftist pedophiles like Foucault, to less prominent apologists like "queer", "non-binary" Allyn Walker .

Of course, the popular elements of the movement are all on Twitter.
That does not not constitute evidence of a movement by the left nor by sections of the left to add paedophiles to the LGBTQIA+ umbrella.
No, I didn't think you'd think so.

As evidence of this — correct me if this half-remembered stat is wrong — anti-Muslim bigotry is highest in U.S. states with low Muslim population, anti-black bigotry highest in U.S. states with few blacks, and so on.
I don't know where you've gotten these ideas, but my instinct is that the data would show the exact opposite, or at least no obvious relationship.

This is a list of US States by percentage black population. Are Mississippi, Louisiana, and Georgia known for their antiracist credentials?

Google would take you here:
According to the [SPLC]'s estimations, the top 10 states with the most hate groups in 2020 per capita are: Montana, Tennessee, Nebraska, Arkansas, New Hampshire, Alabama, Virginia, South Carolina, Idaho, and Nevada.
Of the five Deep South states, Alabama and South Calinkey have the LEAST blacks per capita. Montana, New Hampshire and Idaho are especially white.

Another analysis shows Vermont and Ohio among the eight most racist states.

The most alarming thing about these right wing extremists’ allegations, is the assurance such assertions represent.
It is a guarantee that those doing the accusing are indulging in exactly the heinous behavior they describe.

Of the five Deep South states, Alabama and South Calinkey have the LEAST blacks per capita. Montana, New Hampshire and Idaho are especially white.

Yeah, i think i saw ten black people in the entire state before i left Idaho. Four were a family driving REALLY fast across the state. Then i went to bootcamp, where 1/3rd of my company was black. And 7 years later, so was 1/3rd of our wedding party....
Actually meeting black people in a setting that lasted longer than directions back to the freeway, i learned that just about everything i had been told growing up (at least outside my home) turned out to be wrong. And this is what we see, time after time. Familiarity may breed contempt, but ignorance is a nursery for all sorts of bullshit.

We saw the same thing over the 70's and 80's. As gays came out of the closet, people were able to compare the pastor's sermons to people they actually knew. Ignorance was lessened, hatred charted alongside.

This isn't even new. Twain put it: "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Back
Top Bottom