• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Poll: Does being white better suit someone to be neutral on matters of race?

Does being white better suit someone to be neutral on matters of race?

• Total voters
Can you fathom that? White Pride = racism. Well of course! Usually when pride rears its ugly head it is racism, gay bashing, witch burning, war, etc. Can't we just get along?
But why is "black pride", "black power" etc. considered something positive?
It can be considered positive if it is not accompanied by obvious bigotry. Duh.
I will reiterate this sentence in every reply on this thread until it sinks in:
You can't have racial equality until you start treating races equally!
Which came first - the chicken or the egg?

As long as laws are written by whity,
Laws are written by legislatures that include members of all races. These laws are usually enforced by local law enforcement agencies. For example in Baltimore, both the mayor and the police chief, not to mention the cop who got charged with the most serious offence, are all black. Yet somehow it's all whitey's fault. :rolleyes:
cops stereotype black as someone to fear,
Evidence of that?
and all the levers of power are held by whites
What country do you live in?
Where I live, in Atlanta, both the city of Atlanta and many metro area counties and suburban cities have blacks at all major levers of power. Others have more of a mix.

there will be double standards relative to those who don't have those advantages.
So you are in favor of racist double standards? Funny. Liberals used to be for treating people as individuals, now they are all about identity politics.

You want a discussion?
Yes. An honest discussion, where difference of opinion is allowed. Unfortunately "honest discussion about race" all too often just means "you are guilty of racist microaggressions if you don't agree with us".

Try finding laws that are actually fairly written, fairly executed, with outcomes showing no difference among race or ethnicity.
Outcome disparity is not evidence of unfair laws or unfair enforcement. If blacks commit more crimes you would expect more blacks to be in prison for them. If black murder rate is 5 times higher than white murder rate (as FBI says) I would expect 5 times as many blacks in prison for murder than whites.

There can be no discussion about being fair to whites in the US.
That's the typical totalitarian leftist attitude. "There can be no discussion". :banghead:

If you're white stand up and admit your 'race' constructed a 'me' orgasmic social structure.
I will admit to no such thing. First and foremost because I do not know what the hell a "'me' orgasmic social structure" is and also because I strongly suspect it doesn't mean anything in particular.

Then try to change it so more are included in the 'us' column,
I am in favor of more "orgasmic structures" for everybody, but I don't see how that would help.

Instead you exclusively find instances where whites are actually treated like 'them' and complain that it isn't 'fair'.

Racism is not fair no matter what direction it takes. I do not see why that should be in any way controversial but for some reason you (and many others) seem to think that racism is a-ok when it comes from blacks against whites.

It can be considered positive if it is not accompanied by obvious bigotry. Duh.
Can "white pride", "white power" etc. too? Or is "white" permanently sullied while "black" gets the benefit of the doubt?
Hell, "black power" etc. gets the benefit of the doubt even when it is accompanied by bigotry.
Which came first - the chicken or the egg?
It doesn't matter much which came first when it comes to finding solutions. Fry the egg, roast the chicken and have a feast for everybody!

But why is "black pride", "black power" etc. considered something positive?
Typically there are two types of white pride. Ethnocentric pride (Italian, Irish, German, etc...) which is based on origins and the other is racial supremacy (Whites are so awesome and are god's people!). Not many are complaining about the prior. It seems odd, though that many seem to defend the later. Are you really trying to equate racial supremacist "pride" with a pair of black concepts that have a much deeper historical context of dealing with adversity? Very few are arguing that what the boneheads "preaching" at Time Square are saying is kosher
"Black pride" is not Nigerian pride or Ethiopian price either. I agree that much "white pride" is racist so I am not defending it per se. I do, however, find much racism in "black pride" as well - talking how blacks are superior to whites is very common in black pride circles (read Eric Sheppard's manifesto for example who is inexplicably not being prosecuted for making terroristic threats) and that is not excused by historical adversity.

Which explains all the black CEOs of Fortune 400 companies, our nearly all black congress, how black people have better health outcomes that every other group, why there are no black people in prison, and why we have had 44 black presidents. The list goes on and on of how black people since 1619 have been keeping the white man down.
Careful, you are in danger of setting new strawman density record!

Can "white pride", "white power" etc. too?
It is possible. Personally, I don't see the need for the dominant group to feel pride.
Or is "white" permanently sullied while "black" gets the benefit of the doubt?
Permanently sullied? No. Demographics will change that, if nothing else.
Hell, "black power" etc. gets the benefit of the doubt even when it is accompanied by bigotry.
That is true for some people, just like it is true about "white power".
It doesn't matter much which came first when it comes to finding solutions...
Yes, it does matter much.
Logically that is not necessarily true.

Yes. Agreed fully. The Black Panther flag flies high in Albany while countless positive references to the Confederacy are no where to be found in the south.
Since nobody claimed that the Black Panther flag flies in Albany this is a weak strawman. As far as the confederate flag, it is being removed even form the iconic "General Lee" car from Dukes of Hazzard. Talk about overreaction!

It is a fact, however, that Maoist, racist and criminal Black Panthers are still revered on the hard Left. City of Chicago even wanted to name a street after Fred Hampton (a BP leader who got killed during a police raid in 1969).

When some even deny that non-whites can be racist, that's a problem with race relations.
Yes! Absolutely! Because systematic racism can be found littered in law codes across the nation. In fact, last year I couldn't vote because I couldn't afford a poll tax.
I do not quite know what you mean by "poll tax" (they are illegal) and how what you wrote in any way relates to what I wrote.

And when a black kills a white, what are the stats on conviction, verses when a black is killed by the police. What are the numbers on police conviction?
Why compare black on white murders with police killings? Shouldn't you compare black on white murders white white on black murders?
But as far as police, they are sometimes required to use deadly force to protect themselves or others. There are many justified police shootings, like those of Michael Brown or Tony Robinson or Nicholas Thomas (Maserati shooting in Cobb County near here), that should not lead to prosecution much less conviction. There are others like Walter Scott in North Charleston where all evidence points to the shooting not being justified and thus the cop will most likely be convicted.

My point is that you hear a lot of lamenting that there is "open season on blacks" or that "black males are an endangered species" because of whites when blacks murder twice as many whites than vice versa and most black victims of murder were killed by black civilians and not white civilians or police.

Do you agree with the nonsensical concept of "microaggressions" that is so broad that it includes any disagreement?

Correct. We need to stop all these racist laws against whites. White people don't benefit from Government at all. Only blacks do.
Another non-sequitur. But what else is new?

It is possible. Personally, I don't see the need for the dominant group to feel pride.
So no pride for blacks in the NBA or, for that matter, in the City of Atlanta?

Permanently sullied? No. Demographics will change that, if nothing else.
When whites are a minority do we get affirmative action? ;)

That is true for some people, just like it is true about "white power".
Yet they get a pass because black is treated differently than white. My point is that it should not be.
Yes, it does matter much.
Why? People who started it are all dead. Nobody alive is responsible for things long past and should not be punished for the sins of people they superficially resemble.
Logically that is not necessarily true.
Really? What's your proposal? If your goal is to continue treating blacks as substantially different than whites there will never be real racial equality.

Typically there are two types of white pride. Ethnocentric pride (Italian, Irish, German, etc...) which is based on origins and the other is racial supremacy (Whites are so awesome and are god's people!). Not many are complaining about the prior. It seems odd, though that many seem to defend the later. Are you really trying to equate racial supremacist "pride" with a pair of black concepts that have a much deeper historical context of dealing with adversity? Very few are arguing that what the boneheads "preaching" at Time Square are saying is kosher
"Black pride" is not Nigerian pride or Ethiopian price either.
Umm... the subtle difference is that I know my families come from specific parts of Europe. Blacks that descended from slaves have no clue where in Africa they are from.
I agree that much "white pride" is racist so I am not defending it per se. I do, however, find much racism in "black pride" as well - talking how blacks are superior to whites is very common in black pride circles (read Eric Sheppard's manifesto for example who is inexplicably not being prosecuted for making terroristic threats) and that is not excused by historical adversity.
So umm... you want to equate Sheppard with "Black Pride". You want to extrapolate a radical's thoughts with a generally benign concept?
And lots of bold text!

So no pride for blacks in the NBA or, for that matter, in the City of Atlanta?
Not from my POV, but that doesn't mean others may think differently.

When whites are a minority do we get affirmative action? ;)
We might, if it is still around.

Yet they get a pass because black is treated differently than white. My point is that it should not be.
And some white people get a pass too. Since both are treated equally, according to you, that is racial equality.
Why? People who started it are all dead. Nobody alive is responsible for things long past and should not be punished for the sins of people they superficially resemble.
I have no idea what you are talking about now.

Really? What's your proposal? If your goal is to continue treating blacks as substantially different than whites there will never be real racial equality.
I agree. The USA does treat blacks substantially different than whites: myriads of statistics verify this. Yet all I see from many posters are inanities like "Why do blacks get to say 'nigger' and whites can't?" or "The white identity is under attack", as if those "issues" are even on page 101 of the list of racial inequities in the USA.

As for the goal of treating blacks substantially different than whites, I think your straw man reveals much more about you than anything about the actual state of race relations in the USA or my views.
I honestly believe you have no idea what that really means.

Back
Top Bottom