• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Polls And Surveys - Trump Will Lose In 2020

And how long would they be making profits if they reopened those 4 plants and made a bunch of cars they couldn't sell?

View attachment 23824

Which doesn't address my point--if GM were to reopen the plants they would be losing money, not making money.

No, the point is that Bonespurs promised the autoworkers he would be on their side. He then gave GM huge tax breaks while they closed plants and laid off thousands. Are you really that poor at following along?

Which doesn't address my point--if GM were to reopen the plants they would be losing money, not making money.

No, the point is that Bonespurs promised the autoworkers he would be on their side. He then gave GM huge tax breaks while they closed plants and laid off thousands. Are you really that poor at following along?

The REAL punchline is that Cheato can tell his lemmings it's Obama's fault and they'll believe him.

National polls show any of the top three Democrats beating Trump.

Real Clear Politics
Sanders +7%
Warren +5.2%
Biden +11.5%

Pocahantas? Orange rapist! Orange liar! Let him try that! The push back will be horrific.

oh for fucks sake, have you forgotten the opium you were fed in 2016 called "polls" that helped lose you key states out of the false impression of it just not mattering?

Dems never learn.. seem incapable of appealing to more than their small group of sophmoronic college classmates, and will be pretty much extinct by 2024.

This is not 2016. Trump won by flipping three states with only 77k votes. That will not happen again.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ns-in-views-of-governments-role-and-of-trump/

Only 31% of women support Trump. Trump now has a track record. And it is not good. Lack of enthusiasm may have doomed Clinton, but lack of enthusiasm for Trump is going to be deadly Trump has 16 months to turn things around, and I don't see him becoming palatable to the newly energized women voters. A lot of pollsters and analysts in 2018 were still arguing if it was possible for the Democrats to actually win the 23 seats needed to control the House of Representitives.

The back lash gave us a blue wave. And the younger generation of voters actually turned out at the polls. I don't expect them to sit 2020 out and they are not Trump friendly.

The only 2 big questions are, who will the Democarts finally elect in the primaries, and can the Democrats take the Senate? Doable, but hard.

All of the older Dems who I know have said they will vote for whoever the nominee ends up being, even if they don't care for that person. Do you think the younger voters will do the same if someone they don't like becomes the nominee? I don't know that many young voters, so I'm asking honestly. I've voted in every election since I was old enough to vote. I've frequently voted for people who I didn't really like, because the Republican was always worse. But, sometimes I get the impression from today's most progressive young voters, that they will stay home or vote third party if they don't get their way. One would think they have learned a hard lesson last time, but some compare center left moderates to Trump, which I think is insane. What do others think?

We have three full weeks of early voting in Georgia, yet I've known some young voters that didn't even realize that, and they ended up not voting, due to their own ignorance. One told me that she had to work that day. When I told her she had three full weeks to vote, she was shocked. How the fuck do we get these apathetic voters out? I also know younger people who don't vote because they think their vote doesn't matter or the system is rigged. That never stops the older Republicans from voting. Those are some of my concerns. Trump voters will all be out there voting. I have no doubt of that. I know some of them. They are still in line with Trump, probably. because they get all of their news from Fox, or some alt right source. And many of them are evangelicals who hate abortion and love their guns.

There are days when I'm sure Trump will lose, but there are also days when I worry. Voter suppression is still a problem in many states, including mine. I don't even trust the integrity of our elections anymore. Do you?

Which has nothing to do with the fact that GM can't afford to reopen those plants.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that GM can't afford to reopen those plants.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with the point. Do you or do you not see the thread title?

The big point is this, Trump has a habit of making big promises, "Saving manufacturing jobs in America!" with no real plans other than empty rhetoric. So nothing happens as promised. The Trump followers, who hooted and cheered when Trump bombastically ranted about these things are beginning to see the true facts of the matter. They were had with cheap speeches, bloviating demagoguery. Factories shut down jobs go to Mexico, robots displace workers, and the CEOs get huge bonuses, and the companies make huge tax free profits.

How long can that go on with the GOP running the presidency and Senate?

The big point is this, Trump has a habit of making big promises, "Saving manufacturing jobs in America!" with no real plans other than empty rhetoric. So nothing happens as promised. The Trump followers, who hooted and cheered when Trump bombastically ranted about these things are beginning to see the true facts of the matter. They were had with cheap speeches, bloviating demagoguery. Factories shut down jobs go to Mexico, robots displace workers, and the CEOs get huge bonuses, and the companies make huge tax free profits.

The bombastic raving has yet to begin, CC. The Trumpsucking public will soon be blessed with unequivocal statements to the effect that Mexico is sending jobs to the US, taking their rapists back and paying for The Wall (which is nearly complete), all Cheato followers will be getting CEO bonuses and double their salary for overseeing robots, and the stock market will triple along with the 401Ks of all his sycophants.

Works every time with those idiots. If he told them they could fly, we would need an army to scrape them off the sidewalks.

The bombastic raving has yet to begin, CC. The Trumpsucking public will soon be blessed with unequivocal statements to the effect that Mexico is sending jobs to the US, taking their rapists back and paying for The Wall (which is nearly complete), all Cheato followers will be getting CEO bonuses and double their salary for overseeing robots, and the stock market will triple along with the 401Ks of all his sycophants.

Works every time with those idiots. If he told them they could fly, we would need an army to scrape them off the sidewalks.

The bombastic ranting has been Trump's method since day one. The economy recovered under Obama, but Trump has been claiming credit for that. He was going to save the coal industry from the bad old Democrats. he was going to bring back manufacturing jobs to America. Mexico was going to pay for the wall. He was a very stable genius hiring the best people.

The bombastic ranting has been Trump's method since day one. The economy recovered under Obama, but Trump has been claiming credit for that. He was going to save the coal industry from the bad old Democrats. he was going to bring back manufacturing jobs to America. Mexico was going to pay for the wall. He was a very stable genius hiring the best people.

Read his prolific lips:
"I caused the great economy.
Manufacturing jobs are back.
Coal jobs are back.
Wages are the highest they've ever been.
Mexico already paid for the wall.
If you have any complaints, tell it to the Democrats."

Note how Cheato's claims are increasing distanced from fact or reason, as he and his henchmen explore the reaches of trumpsuckers' willful ignorance and focused stupidity.
They WANT to believe all that shit, and best of all it pisses off the libtards SO BAD when they (at least pretend to) believe all that shit.
I think many of them are afraid their half-brother/daddy would beat the crap out of them if they said anything questioning about Trump.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/09/ha...cord-of-americans-who-cant-stand-a-president/

A new poll shows a record number of Americans can’t stand the president of the United States.
According to the most recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal public opinion poll, an astounding 69 percent of Americans don’t like Trump personally.
“Given Trump’s long-standing unpopularity, a big question has always been whether he will be able to take the eventual Democratic nominee and drag them down to his level,” Blake wrote. “He showed he could do it in 2016 with Hillary Clinton, who ended the campaign as unpopular as Trump was, but it’s not clear whether he’ll be able to do it again.”

Dear, dear, dear. Of course it is all the fault of the main stream news. Fake news! Fake news! It is going to be a long slog to November 2020.

Pundit brain has little to do with the fact that most Americans do not like Trump on a personal level. That fact alone may well be a pile of oily rags waiting for a spark come election time. It is quite possible by November 6, 2020, this nation will be suffering a bad case of Trump fatigue. This is just another thing to ponder on, how much of a difference will it make? Ronald Reagan, buffoon that he was, had a lot of worshipful supporters. A lot of Americans loved his ass despite his incompetence. It is nice to see that Trump does not enjoy that political advantage with a vast majority of Americans. I myself am happy to see that the Reagan Teflon effect may not adhere to Trump as election day looms. Every little bit helps. Every little obstacle to Trump's re-election is welcome. I am so happy to see that Trump is not popular, and how deep his unpopularity may run.

Pundit brain has little to do with the fact that most Americans do not like Trump on a personal level. That fact alone may well be a pile of oily rags waiting for a spark come election time. It is quite possible by November 6, 2020, this nation will be suffering a bad case of Trump fatigue. This is just another thing to ponder on, how much of a difference will it make? Ronald Reagan, buffoon that he was, had a lot of worshipful supporters. A lot of Americans loved his ass despite his incompetence.
Including Elizabeth Warren and Donald Trump, incidentally. :rolleyes:

It is nice to see that Trump does not enjoy that political advantage with a vast majority of Americans. I myself am happy to see that the Reagan Teflon effect may not adhere to Trump as election day looms. Every little bit helps. Every little obstacle to Trump's re-election is welcome. I am so happy to see that Trump is not popular, and how deep his unpopularity may run.
The chief symptom of pundit brain is placing victory over a political opponent above all other considerations. I do not want Trump to win. But I also do not want Biden to win, nor Harris, Booker, Yang, or Buttigieg. This is not an abberation: it's having a view of politics and trying to shape the outcome of an election to make reality closer to it. As long as we deny ourselves the right to have opinions, even (perhaps especially) starkly differing ones, about what is best for America OTHER THAN SIMPLY NOT HAVING TRUMP, we're doomed to repeat this pathetic cycle over and over again. Part of what keeps us locked into it is this tendency to think of ourselves as opportunistic onlookers rather than the main participants in what's happening around us.

All of that is fueled by obsessing over the polls and tailoring our opinions and actions around them, rather than sticking to our principles and shifting public opinion until the polls reflect our political priorities. But here is the most critical point: the idea that politics is a horse race and winning elections is a matter of betting on the best horse can only really be held by someone who is so privileged that their livelihood is basically insulated from the outcome of the election anyway. Nobody whose well-being would materially be affected by Warren winning instead of Biden, or Sanders instead of Warren, would allow themselves the luxury of blithely tracking the latest bullshit landline poll and adjusting their support accordingly.

The chief symptom of pundit brain is placing victory over a political opponent above all other considerations.

Strawman.

I do not want Trump to win. But I also do not want Biden to win, nor Harris, Booker, Yang, or Buttigieg. This is not an abberation

No, it is dangerously naive ignorance that is ironically directly contradicted by your "most critical point":

But here is the most critical point: the idea that politics is a horse race and winning elections is a matter of betting on the best horse can only really be held by someone who is so privileged that their livelihood is basically insulated from the outcome of the election anyway.

The idea that an election is Church and anybody gives a flying fuck about one's "conscience" when losing to someone like Trump will mean devastation to millions is the very definition of being "so privileged that their livelihood is basically insulated form the outcome of the election anyway." It's the Susan Sarandon hypocrisy all over again.

The fact that you have deified Sanders--while ignoring all of the facts that equate him to Hillary Clinton and every other Dem running (he joined us, remember?)--is simply appalling, but to stuff all of that into a strawman that ironically attempts to justify your false deity is beyond redemption and precisely the sophistry that got us Trump in the first place.

It's truly remarkable. Not only do you not learn from history, you are dead set on repeating it.

This was not a post about Biden, Harris, Booker, Yang, or Buttigieg. It is about Trump. Because I ran across that little poll that showed just how deep America's dislike for Trump runs. Personal dislike for a politician can play a part in elections as Clinton found out. This is not a case of Trump being slammed by the liberal press such as Clinton was attacked for years by the right wingers. (Though he is, but rightfully so). This is a case of Trump being a vulgar, gauche, incompetent orange buffoon and people are noticing.

I find that delightful. Anything that can help him lose the election is good by me. I am somewhat surprised that the dull witted average Americans are actually noticing Trump is a Brobdingnagian sized jerk.

It would almost be worth another four years of Trump to see Sanders get repeatedly ass-raped in a general election, but even then his sycophants would just continue to push the "it was rigged" deification rationalization. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. He's their messiah, therefore he's destined to be sacrificed.

??? This is nothing about Sanders. It is about the fact that many people in a poll do not like the Orange bastard on a personal level. This poll makes me fell warm and happy. YMMV.

This was not a post about Biden, Harris, Booker, Yang, or Buttigieg. It is about Trump. Because I ran across that little poll that showed just how deep America's dislike for Trump runs. Personal dislike for a politician can play a part in elections as Clinton found out. This is not a case of Trump being slammed by the liberal press such as Clinton was attacked for years by the right wingers. (Though he is, but rightfully so). This is a case of Trump being a vulgar, gauche, incompetent orange buffoon and people are noticing.

I find that delightful. Anything that can help him lose the election is good by me. I am somewhat surprised that the dull witted average Americans are actually noticing Trump is a Brobdingnagian sized jerk.

Until and unless someone can explain to me what Trump has done since being elected that was qualitatively different from his behavior for the entirety of his life until that point, all of which was public information and was well known to voters in advance of the election, I'm simply not convinced that American voters care about Trump's personal qualities. It's kind of funny to suggest that they were okay with him gloating about sexual assault, mocking disabled people, being accused of rape by multiple women, making racist statements on the campaign trail, and generally being a greedy real estate asshole that shits on a golden toilet, but NOW the truth about Trump comes out with some new allegation and everybody suddenly cares about character. Trump is not demonstrably MORE of a jerk now than he has ever been, in public and on national television, and that didn't stop him from getting elected. I hope you're right and the voters have suddenly gained a conscience that they won't abandon next year, but I'm not sold on it, and I don't like the whiff of Tortoise and the Hare around making too much of the polls in this case.

Back
Top Bottom