• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Portland man kills two men protecting muslim women he was harassing on the MAX train

His religious identity is irrelevant in my humble opinion. It is not his religious affiliation that inspired him to become an angry, hateful, bigoted individual that would target women whom he racially profiled as Muslim. It's rather his depressingly myopic view as a racial supremacist that emboldened him to berate and harass the women on the train. And how tragic that the survivor of this tragedy is the perpetrator and not the two individuals who found within themselves the courage to intervene, though I'm glad that the third courageous individual survived at least. For all those who sometimes wonder where all the true heroes are, they are the ordinary ones like these three individuals who show extraordinary courage and moral fiber to do what is right. *Salutes*

Peace.

women whom he racially profiled as Muslim.
For the millionth fucking time:
Muslim is not a race

This is a Muslim:
Jordan-Horner.jpg

So is she:
wpid-fb_img_1444669792861.jpg

Bzp1pEeCUAABukw.jpg:large

What prompted this straw man?
Can you not read? I was directly replying to NightSky's claim that "he racially profiled [her] as Muslim" (emphasis added).
Since this maniac was described as a Nazi in the OP, it is quite possible he profiled her as a Muslim because of his perception of her ethnicity or race.

Instead of jumping to conclusions that lead to such bilious outbursts, why not simply ask for clarification?

Since this maniac was described as a Nazi in the OP,
That's very unusual btw. Portlanders tend to be the other extreme.

it is quite possible he profiled her as a Muslim because of his perception of her ethnicity or race.
Or more likely the hijab tipped him off.

Instead of jumping to conclusions that lead to such bilious outbursts, why not simply ask for clarification?
I think NightSky's category mistake was quite clear.

women whom he racially profiled as Muslim.
For the millionth fucking time:

Muslim is not a race

This is a Muslim:

Yes, thank you, I do know that Islam and Muslim is not a race. But do white racists know that as well? If you read the full article, the article clearly says he was yelling racial slurs to the women. Now I may be incorrect, but I imagine he likely thought they were "Arab" Muslims, though I notice there's no mention of the actual race/ethnicity of the women. The hijab tipped him off on one woman, yes, but what about the other woman? Must another woman sitting next to her without a hijab also be a "Muslim" woman - and how would he know either way until he racially profiled her as probably being "Muslim"?

Peace.

A person can be both a racist and an Islamophobe.

The Islamophobe is the one who labels blowback in the form of ISIS as Muslim hoards attacking Europe and not by the root cause.

The US terrorist attack of the Iraqi people in 2003 which gave us ISIS.

That's very unusual btw. Portlanders tend to be the other extreme.
I think it is clear from the OP that this maniac is mentally unstable.

Or more likely the hijab tipped him off.
Here is a hint. Read the linked article. If you had bothered to read the linked article, he yelled racial slurs.

I think NightSky's category mistake was quite clear.
Once again, you jumped to an easily avoidable wrong conclusion for no compelling reason whatsoever.

This was a terrible incident. A bigoted maniac harasses women and then stabs people who are trying to stop the harassment. Instead of remarking on the bravery of the bystanders or the terribleness of the incident, you felt the need to jump to a wrong conclusion over the use of a term. Wow.

I think it's becoming a thing these days with all the dna tests that offer ethnicity composition. So, let's say he took such a test and found he was estimated to be 5% Ashkenazi Jewish, then he might say something like what he said when being defensive.

Back
Top Bottom