• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Possible attempt on Nancy Pelosi's life

He can be a wacko and it can still be politically motivated violence.
Looney tune makes more sense. On politics, his girlfriend said he was a lefty. But I don’t think that really matters; he’s just f’ing nuts.

Taub said she could not understand depictions of DePape as embracing far-right rhetoric. She said he was once a fan of former President Barack Obama who was “more on the far left than the far right” during their 15-year relationship.

She said he supported her many causes — which included protesting the war in Iraq —

“In our 15 years together, we never once had a disagreement about politics because we were aligned in our views,” she said.

Taub, though, said DePape had struggled with drug use and deteriorating mental health, which she said began in 2009 when the couple broke up for more than a year.

Drugs are bad, m’kay.

Well, it wasn’t random that he ended up in Pelosi’s house asking “where’s Nancy?”

I guess it could be, because there are likely more than one Nancy living in SF.

But it still seems more likely a politically motivated attack.

Reactions: SLD
Well, it wasn’t random that he ended up in Pelosi’s house asking “where’s Nancy?”

There is this partisan desperation - on the left and right - to make this about how horrible the other side is. The guy had lefty politics. And he thought he was Jesus. He may have targeted Pelosi because she’s a prominent figure, but there’s no need color his motive other than being nuts.

There is this partisan desperation - on the left and right - to make this about how horrible the other side is. The guy had lefty politics. And he thought he was Jesus. He may have targeted Pelosi because she’s a prominent figure, but there’s no need color his motive other than being nuts.
I didn’t say he had right wing politics. I am just saying I think it’s highly unlikely there wasn’t something political involved here even if the guy is crazy.

Simply saying “he’s nuts” and not considering any nuance in the motive seems a simplistic approach to thinking about the problem here.

What lefty politics? All I've seen is that he was a full blown MAGAt in his social media. Election denial, anti-vax, covid a hoax, the whole nine yards. And virtually every Republican congressional candidate is associating Nency Pelosi with their opponent. "Where's Nancy" was yelled out numerous times by the 1/6 capital seditionists.

Reactions: jab
Trying to "both sides" this is pretty fucking reprehensible, but sadly unsurprising.

Trying to "both sides" this is pretty fucking reprehensible, but sadly unsurprising.
Wut? It’s just the advice to hold off on you’re partisan bile until the facts get out.

He can be a wacko and it can still be politically motivated violence.
Looney tune makes more sense. On politics, his girlfriend said he was a lefty. But I don’t think that really matters; he’s just f’ing nuts.

Taub said she could not understand depictions of DePape as embracing far-right rhetoric. She said he was once a fan of former President Barack Obama who was “more on the far left than the far right” during their 15-year relationship.
Anyone who thinks Obama was more to the far _______ (right or left) cannot be taken as a reliable guide to politics.

Totally both sides.

Was listening to NPR today and they made reference to how the reaction to the attack had several parallels to the school shooting script they have out these days.

1) Say it was a wacko.
transition to
2) Why weren't they protected better
transition to
3) Did it really happen?

4) FREE DEPAPE, MAGA HERO

Was listening to NPR today and they made reference to how the reaction to the attack had several parallels to the school shooting script they have out these days.

1) Say it was a wacko.
transition to
2) Why weren't they protected better
transition to
3) Did it really happen?
The guy is a wacko. Here’s the fed charge with alleged incident facts. https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1548106/download

He’s classic psychopath. He openly admits to everything.

OF COURSE he's a wacko. :confused2: Has anyone suggested he was acting on Sean Hannity's EXPLICIT orders?

What annoys rational-thinking Americans is how the right-wing IMPLICITLY encourages such wackiness, even cutting mental health budgets. The J6 insurrectionists were wacky to various degrees. Proud Boys and Oathkeepers are wack-jobs. Does anyone not think that MTG and Boebert are wack-jobs?

And if the wacky right-wing doesn't think these are their own wack-jobs attempting murders and insurrections, why are they so quick to whine lies about "both sides do it" and "false-flag" operations?

What lefty politics?
That’s what his girlfriend said.

7 years ago, obviously his politics changed.

This rather makes the key point. Not long ago American wack-jobs were plentiful on both extremes. Now the wacky and psychotic align with the side that encourages and embraces mental illness.

My money is on the guy isn’t well mentally. Certainly enough ads on tv about evil Pelosi even if he doesn’t listen to Alt Right AM radio.

Apparently he wanted to question her on a few things, and planned to Break her kneecaps if she lied. At least that is what he admitted to.

of course, by ‘lie’ he means deny the various crazy conspiracy theories he has bought into

At the time, DePape listed himself in San Francisco voting records as a member of the left-leaning Green Party. But later, he seemed to go through a political metamorphosis, recasting himself as an evangelist for alt-right conspiracy theories.

He published multiple blogs laced with statements about the QAnon mass delusion, whose adherents believe former President Donald Trump stands against an alliance of Satan-worshipping Democratic pedophiles. The blog also included bigoted commentary directed at people of color, women, Jewish people, Muslims, members of the LGBTQ community and immigrants.

A WordPress blog that DePape maintained titled God Is Loving railed against censorship by an elite cabal of tech companies, government officials and media outlets. As recently as Aug. 25, DePape posted entries with such headlines as “Communist Voodoo Science” and “The Woke are racists with a guilty conscience.”

I don’t think that is Donnie J’s real twitter account handle.

Back
Top Bottom