• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

President Biden's Infrastructure Plans

The big divide between the "lefties" and the "trighties" is that one side supports truth and the other has no political platform except telling whatever lies serve to abet their election.

That’s funny. After five years of the Russia collusion hoax, that’s funny.
I'd repost the report that showed a great amount of collusion but since you seem to ignore anything that disagrees with your feelings it would be a waste of time. You are a perfect example of a modern republican.

The big divide between the "lefties" and the "trighties" is that one side supports truth and the other has no political platform except telling whatever lies serve to abet their election.

Five years and counting. Shifty Schiff is still banging on about it.

I'd repost the report that showed a great amount of collusion but since you seem to ignore anything that disagrees with your feelings it would be a waste of time. You are a perfect example of a modern republican.

Pre-election, the very instantaneous and sharp pro-Russia turn in the Trump campaign. Manafort providing polling data to Kremlin linked Ukrainians. The Kremlin linked Russians meeting in secret with the senior Trump campaign officials. Intel on Russians picking up on Trump campaign connections.

And post-election, all the lying about Russia, the Trump Admin almost instantly trying to give Russia back their spy HQ building in Maryland, the secret meeting Trump had with Putin, and the diplomatic maneuvers providing Putin the ability to exit from agreements without needing to expend any political capital to do so.

Yeah... "nothing" ever came up.

It's amazing how so many Trumpers still believe that Manafort, Flynn etc pled guilty over nothing more than a "hoax". And when I say amazing I mean pathetically predictable.

It's amazing how so many Trumpers still believe that Manafort, Flynn etc pled guilty over nothing more than a "hoax". And when I say amazing I mean pathetically predictable.
Manafort pled guilty to bank fraud. Flynn plead guilty to false statements to the FBI during his interview - and the DOJ moved to dismiss. The only purpose of the Flynn interview was a perjury trap, as the FBI already had his telephone transcript and never charged him under the Logan Act. Ya really to got stop watching MSNBC.

Manafort pled guilty to bank fraud. Flynn plead guilty to false statements to the FBI during his interview - and the DOJ moved to dismiss. The only purpose of the Flynn interview was a perjury trap, as the FBI already had his telephone transcript and never charged him under the Logan Act. Ya really to got stop watching MSNBC.
There's no such thing as a perjury trap.

Hah!

Manafort providing polling data to Kremlin linked Ukrainians.
Shock! Horror! Could you image if Don, Jr., had a $$$ job on the board a Ukrainian energy conglomerate? Shock! Horror!
Hunter Biden (among others) was given a comfy window dressing position at Burisma that required almost no work, in order to provide a better image to the company.

Manafort gave Ukrainians linked to the Kremlin polling data for Trump's campaign.

One of these things furthers the narrative of passive Russian involvement in the US Election to benefit Trump. The other, unethical (but generally harmless) cushy job position due to Dad's position that has nothing to do with the 2020 election.

Manafort providing polling data to Kremlin linked Ukrainians.
Shock! Horror! Could you image if Don, Jr., had a $$$ job on the board a Ukrainian energy conglomerate? Shock! Horror!
Hunter Biden (among others) was given a comfy window dressing position at Burisma that required almost no work, in order to provide a better image to the company.

Manafort gave Ukrainians linked to the Kremlin polling data for Trump's campaign.

One of these things furthers the narrative of passive Russian involvement in the US Election to benefit Trump. The other, unethical (but generally harmless) cushy job position due to Dad's position that has nothing to do with the 2020 election.
Good grief. So it was Ukrainian collusion, not Russian collusion? Some one call Mueller, ASAP!

I need to start watching MSNBC first for me to stop. I don't hold a lot of US media outlets in high regards, but C-Span is a pretty reliable primary source:

But you keep holding onto that Russian hoax fantasy. However, I do seem to recall you specifically wanting to crucify Hitlery and Obongo over much, much weaker claims vis a vis Benghazi. By the way, a Republican controlled senate voted unanimously twice that there was collusion as well, so there's that.

Hah!
I bow to your superior argument.

Hah!
I bow to your superior argument.
How would a perjury 'trap' even work? You ask a question, or invite a statement, and the witness is forced, smply forced to state something he or she knows to be untrue?

I mean, if someone, let's call him Giuliani, were to talk utter shit to the media, and were then given the opportunity to make the same statement under oath, one would expect a total shitweasel to stick to the story he told the public, but that's still up to him and his conscience consistency desire to avoid charges.
Even if it's one of those trick qwestions like, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" your attorney should grab the mic and ask the feds to rephrase the question. But if they din't, that's not even perjury if you can say 'i thought the question was asking...'

So, how does it work?

If he lied to the FBI he had a reason--there must have been other wrongdoing.

Manchin outlines BBB deal requirements
He wants it stripped down to these three issues: climate change, prescription drug prices and deficit reduction.
  • His comments at the closed-door dinner, hosted by the American Clean Power Association, the trade association for the renewable energy industry, are consistent with conversations Manchin has had with Senate colleagues.
  • In those informal talks, he's outlined a deal that includes roughly $500 billion for climate and $1 trillion in new revenue.
  • But the senator isn't indicating any support for universal preschool or any of the other care-economy proposals that were included in Biden's initial "human infrastructure" package.
  • And Manchin is insisting on reducing the deficit with at least half of the revenue from new corporate taxes, as well as the estimated savings from allowing Medicare to directly negotiate the cost of prescription drugs.

• In February, White House officials discussed how to recast Biden’s social spending and climate plans into a deficit-reduction package, hoping to appeal to Manchin’s concerns about inflation, according to the Washington Post.
  • After the president mentioned lowering the deficit by $1 trillion during his State of the Union address March 1, Manchin indicated he was open to some additional spending.
  • “If you do that, the revenue-producing [measures] would be taxes and drugs. The spending is going to be climate,” Manchin said during an interview with Politico.
So he likes renewable energy when it's the executives of renewable-energy companies.

Biden Administration Drafting Order to Invoke Defense Production Act for Green Energy Storage Technology
THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION is drafting an executive order invoking the Defense Production Act to alleviate shortages of key minerals needed for the technology to store clean energy. The act, which would bolster the manufacturing capacity of electric vehicle producers in particular, indicates that the administration is open to using executive power to achieve progressive policy goals as Congress remains reluctant to pass key parts of his green energy agenda.

The order would declare that “ensuring robust, resilient, and sustainable domestic industrial base to meet the requirements of the clean energy economy is essential to our national security,” according to a draft of the document that remains in the “pre-decisional” phase. ,,, The order would specifically says “domestic mining, beneficiation, and value-added processing of strategic and critical materials from sustainable sources for the production of large capacity batteries for the automotive, e-mobility, and stationary storage sectors is essential to national defense.”

Biden Administration Drafting Order to Invoke Defense Production Act for Green Energy Storage Technology
THE BIDEN ADMINISTRATION is drafting an executive order invoking the Defense Production Act to alleviate shortages of key minerals needed for the technology to store clean energy. The act, which would bolster the manufacturing capacity of electric vehicle producers in particular, indicates that the administration is open to using executive power to achieve progressive policy goals as Congress remains reluctant to pass key parts of his green energy agenda.

The order would declare that “ensuring robust, resilient, and sustainable domestic industrial base to meet the requirements of the clean energy economy is essential to our national security,” according to a draft of the document that remains in the “pre-decisional” phase. ,,, The order would specifically says “domestic mining, beneficiation, and value-added processing of strategic and critical materials from sustainable sources for the production of large capacity batteries for the automotive, e-mobility, and stationary storage sectors is essential to national defense.”
Is that a middle finger to Native American property rights?

Manchin outlines BBB deal requirements
He wants it stripped down to these three issues: climate change, prescription drug prices and deficit reduction.
  • His comments at the closed-door dinner, hosted by the American Clean Power Association, the trade association for the renewable energy industry, are consistent with conversations Manchin has had with Senate colleagues.
  • In those informal talks, he's outlined a deal that includes roughly $500 billion for climate and $1 trillion in new revenue.
  • But the senator isn't indicating any support for universal preschool or any of the other care-economy proposals that were included in Biden's initial "human infrastructure" package.
  • And Manchin is insisting on reducing the deficit with at least half of the revenue from new corporate taxes, as well as the estimated savings from allowing Medicare to directly negotiate the cost of prescription drugs.

• In February, White House officials discussed how to recast Biden’s social spending and climate plans into a deficit-reduction package, hoping to appeal to Manchin’s concerns about inflation, according to the Washington Post.
  • After the president mentioned lowering the deficit by $1 trillion during his State of the Union address March 1, Manchin indicated he was open to some additional spending.
  • “If you do that, the revenue-producing [measures] would be taxes and drugs. The spending is going to be climate,” Manchin said during an interview with Politico.
So he likes renewable energy when it's the executives of renewable-energy companies.

From article:
The bottom line: Any skinnier Build Back Better legislation still faces numerous hurdles.

• They include agreement from Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) on the revenue side, and acceptance from progressives that $550 billion on energy and climate is the only deal they'll get.
Who says that’s “the only deal they’ll get”? These all sound like good progressive things Manchin is willing to vote for. Take it. Take it and carry on. This does not change one bit out position on further social infrastructure. Take it and keep the press on for Build Back Betterer.

Back
Top Bottom