• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

President Trump's Shrinking Schedule

lpetrich

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist
Donald Trump came to work ‘around noon’ today
President Donald Trump‘s official White House schedule has grown increasingly empty as time goes by. Months into his tenure his aides infamously decided to claim he was on “executive time” every morning, until usually 11 AM, at which time he supposedly would receive his “daily” intelligence briefing.

“Executive time” is code for Trump hanging out in the East Wing (the residence), possibly in bed, watching Fox News and tweeting. He reportedly watches between 4 and 8 hours of TV news a day.

“Daily” intelligence briefings are now at 11:30 AM, and rare. According NCRM’s review of the president’s official schedule, he has been scheduled to receive only 5 since November 1. (There’s no public record of if he received them or not.)

Usually, Trump has a lunch scheduled for around noon or 1 PM, sometimes with a Cabinet official.

After that, well, it’s anyone’s guess.
More "executive time"?

Rex Tillerson says Trump didn’t read briefings and often wanted to do illegal things.
n the interview, which occurred at a fundraiser in Houston, Tillerson described an “undisciplined” president with whom he shared no “common value system” and talked of his frustration over Trump’s tendency to demand action that would illegally go beyond his executive powers.
Though he has reportedly called President Trump a "fucking moron", he was now a bit more circumspect, speculating that the President's acting on instinct makes him seem impulsive.
But his depiction of the president’s unorthodox style did not come off positively: “It was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented ExxonMobil Corporation to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t—doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t—doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things but rather just kind of says, ‘Look, this is what I believe and you can try to convince me otherwise, but most of the time you’re not going to do that.’ ”
Seems like he does not do much reading in his "executive time", mostly watching TV and tweeting.

Trump calls Rex Tillerson 'dumb as a rock,' 'lazy as hell' after Texan criticizes former boss | Politics | Dallas News
He tweeted
Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!

It's a bit late for this... midterms over and all... but why the fuck haven't Dems made it a daily event of tallying his golfing alongside Obama's, alongside Trumps speeches about how bad it is that presidents play golf? Incompetent that they failed this.
I think it would have been great for them to have about 5 seconds of a speech where he says "golf bad", followed by a 2 second tee off shot of him, followed by another few seconds of "golf bad", followed by another tee off (where he is dressed differently to make it clear it was a different day)... etc... maybe even have like 5 tee offs in rapid fire for each comment... whatever plays well into the "he is constantly playing golf" narrative.

Oh, they do.
Just about every tweet he makes, someone in the comments will quote a previous tweet, one that hasn't aged well, back at him. Post graphics comparing his and Obama's performance, golfing, indictments, bankruptcy, scandals and so on.

Such things are not being forgotten, and show up all sorts of places with little to no stimulation required.

It's a bit late for this... midterms over and all... but why the fuck haven't Dems made it a daily event of tallying his golfing alongside Obama's, alongside Trumps speeches about how bad it is that presidents play golf? Incompetent that they failed this.
I think it would have been great for them to have about 5 seconds of a speech where he says "golf bad", followed by a 2 second tee off shot of him, followed by another few seconds of "golf bad", followed by another tee off (where he is dressed differently to make it clear it was a different day)... etc... maybe even have like 5 tee offs in rapid fire for each comment... whatever plays well into the "he is constantly playing golf" narrative.
For a guy that barely sleeps and barely works, he has managed to fuck the Dow as well as created an entirely needless trade war with one of our largest trade partners as well as strain ties with our allies.

He does Tweet a lot though.

Good. On average he does wrong. Thus the less he does the better.

They should throw him in a really nice jail where he can watch TV all day every day. Tell him that his excellent performance has earned him extra executive time.

Oh wait ... why bother.

Short of starting a war, the little has done, has fucked things up (Dow volatility, China Trade War, diplomacy in general, possibly going to Veto a spending bill to close Government)... though Kavanaugh did help put a hold on abortion obstructions.

Short of starting a war, the little has done, has fucked things up (Dow volatility, China Trade War, diplomacy in general, possibly going to Veto a spending bill to close Government)... though Kavanaugh did help put a hold on abortion obstructions.

This was particularly on display earlier this week, when he was bargaining with Pelosi and Schumer about the shutdown and just screamed out "Fine, I'll own it. It's my shutdown", to which the Dems were like "Umm ... OK" and the GOP was like "Oh, FFS!". That shit was so bad it almost woke Pence up.

On the one hand, it's nice to have him wander into the office and screw up all his goals because his goals are stupid. On the other hand, he can screw them up in really damaging ways, so it's best to have him sitting in bed screaming at the TV instead.

This was particularly on display earlier this week, when he was bargaining with Pelosi and Schumer about the shutdown and just screamed out "Fine, I'll own it. It's my shutdown", to which the Dems were like "Umm ... OK" and the GOP was like "Oh, FFS!". That shit was so bad it almost woke Pence up.

Someone described Pence in that meeting as "a manila envelope taped to a beige wall".

Someone described Pence in that meeting as "a manila envelope taped to a beige wall".

My favourite was the Ferris Bueller one where Pence was a stuffed dummy and then they photoshopped his head onto Matthew Broderick when he was singing in the parade.

There's an entire subreddit dedicated just to Trump's hypocritical tweets.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TrumpCriticizesTrump/

Basically, whatever Trump is doing or saying now, there's a tweet he shat out at some point earlier criticizing exactly what he's saying or doing now.

The next chief of staff would do the country a service if he set up a wanking suite and encouraged the President to just stay there and rule by tweets. Lube + Jenna Jameson DVDs + a phone would keep those orange fingers busy. The base would love it; they'd still get their daily dose of Donaldisms. GDP would increase. The rest of the globe could exhale. It would save Scrotus an awful lot of stress. Imagine -- a good six months or so of gherkin jerkin' before Mueller's gentle knock. "Mr. President, can I come in? I'll give you a minute to tidy up."

Back
Top Bottom