• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Split Presidential Impeachment Discussion

To notify a split thread.

RVonse

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
that people in the US are living in the matrx
:staffwarn: Split from here

Is the GOP going to sue?
In a better world. the GOP would simply impeach Biden over something equally ridiculous as what the Democrats did to Trump. None of this will happen this time around since they don't have enough majority in congress, but the Democrats have shown them what to do when they get the chance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the GOP going to sue?
In a better world. the GOP would simply impeach Biden over something equally ridiculous as what the Democrats did to Trump. None of this will happen this time around since they don't have enough majority in congress, but the Democrats have shown them what to do when they get the chance.
Trump was impeached for every good reasons and would have been removed from office if GOP Senators had put ethcis ahead of partisanism.

Is the GOP going to sue?
The GOP knows how to do this - remember President Bill Clinton?

Is the GOP going to sue?

I think that Rvonse isn't getting it. The fact is that the Republicans can try to impeach Biden now, since they control a majority of the House. What they lack is any credible evidence for an impeachable offense. With Clinton, at least, they had perjury, but there is no evidence that Biden has committed any crime at all. So they are going after Biden's son. It is not an impeachable offense to have a son that might or might not be indicted on criminal charges.

Is the GOP going to sue?

I think that Rvonse isn't getting it. The fact is that the Republicans can try to impeach Biden now, since they control a majority of the House. What they lack is any credible evidence for an impeachable offense. With Clinton, at least, they had perjury, but there is no evidence that Biden has committed any crime at all. So they are going after Biden's son. It is not an impeachable offense to have a son that might or might not be indicted on criminal charges.
*points to previous post that shows that Republicans have already tried to impeach Biden, even when they weren't in the majority or have any credibility*

Say it with me - every accusation is a confession from a right winger. When RVonse is accusing Democrats of impeaching Trump for something "ridiculous" what he is actually confessing to is...

It is not an impeachable offense to have a son that might or might not be indicted on criminal charges.
It is if Congress decides it is. As far as I am aware, the sole criterion for an impeachable offence is that Congress impeaches someone for it.

The rules were written by people who assumed Congress would always be a group of mostly rational people who have the interests of the country (or at the very least, of their constituents) at heart.

This has turned out to be an erroneous assumption.

Is the GOP going to sue?

*points to previous post that shows that Republicans have already tried to impeach Biden, even when they weren't in the majority or have any credibility*

Say it with me - every accusation is a confession from a right winger. When RVonse is accusing Democrats of impeaching Trump for something "ridiculous" what he is actually confessing to is...

He gives his wallet to the "wallet inspector" and then tells us how we've been duped.

Also, did Musk actually say that. Typically, if a quote is next to a celebrity's face in a Meme.... they didn't say it. And why would it mention Twitter? Who fucking cares. He didn't build that and him buying it was a mistake (unless he becomes part of the Fascist movement), but his cult worshippers just love anything he does.

Also, did Musk actually say that. Typically, if a quote is next to a celebrity's face in a Meme.... they didn't say it. And why would it mention Twitter? Who fucking cares. He didn't build that and him buying it was a mistake (unless he becomes part of the Fascist movement), but his cult worshippers just love anything he does.
Without getting into the minutia of Musk and twitter. The point to be made is that most here on this board who think I am a Trump freak being controlled by a tin foil conspiracy conservative pro Trump media culture would also be the very ones who would never believe they are being controlled or manipulated by their left source of media consumption.

And that both sides have been and are still being fooled on a daily basis.... but would never admit the same.

And that both sides have been and are still being fooled on a daily basis.... but would never admit the same.
What are we being fooled about?
Just about everything there is with regards to the other side. Not just the story telling but also what they do not say that is relevant.

There are no real journalist left anymore, because even the left ones (like Matt Tabbi) who happen to report anything resembling truth become cancelled as well.

Without getting into the minutia of Musk and twitter. The point to be made is that most here on this board who think I am a Trump freak being controlled by a tin foil conspiracy conservative pro Trump media culture would also be the very ones who would never believe they are being controlled or manipulated by their left source of media consumption.
Just to be clear, you have a posting history of being friendly to quasi-conspiracy theories, including unreasonable doubts regarding 9/11. Your support of Trump has been rather passive aggessive.
Nothing like the good ole false equivalence.

Also, did Musk actually say that.
Well, he quite possibly did, and if he did, he probably thought he was quoting Mark Twain, to whom this well worn quotation is usually attributed.

But there's no hard evidence that Mark Twain said this first, or indeed, that he ever said exactly this, though he did express some similar sentiments, for example:

How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again!

Baltasar Gracián is the first person I can find reference to as saying something in this vein; according to Quote Inspector, he wrote a short essay on the problem of people being highly defensive of foolish ideas in his 1647 work “Oráculo Manual y Arte de Prudencia” (“The Art of Worldly Wisdom”).

Regardless of who said it first, it's fairly clear that the phrase significantly pre-dates Elon Musk's birth.

I strongly recommend that people stand well back from their irony meters, and ideally behind a robust object that can provide protection against blast and/or shrapnel.

We must confess that our adversaries have a marked advantage over us in the discussion. In very few words they can announce a half-truth; and in order to demonstrate that it is incomplete, we are obliged to have recourse to long and dry dissertations.

— Frédéric Bastiat, Economic Sophisms, First Series (1845)

Last edited:
There's a common inference amongst stupid people, that goes something like this:

I was wrong about A, and

Others were right about A, but

I believe myself to be just as smart and well informed as Others, therefore

Others must also have been equally fooled about A, but

Others don't realise that they have been fooled about A, so therefore

I am smarter than the Others.

— QED

Their being wrong about almost everything is therefore taken to be undeniable and positive proof that everyone else is wrong about almost everything.

Back
Top Bottom