• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Project Veritas Scammers Face $5 Million Dollar Fines

NEW YORK (AP) — The First Amendment protection for journalists should not keep prosecutors from seeing most evidence gathered in a probe of people connected to conservative group Project Veritas, a former federal judge appointed to the case said in a report Tuesday.

Barbara Jones told U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres that she recommends letting prosecutors view most of the 1,000-plus documents gathered through search warrants for a probe into how the group received a diary purported to belong to President Joe Biden’s daughter, Ashley Biden.

Neither Project Veritas nor any of its staffers have been charged with a crime. The group says its activities were newsgathering and were ethical and legal.

Jones, who formerly served as a federal judge in Manhattan, acknowledged that courts have long recognized a qualified evidentiary privilege for information gathered during a journalistic investigation.

But she wrote that the privilege is not absolute and that it offers the greatest protection when the information is gathered from confidential sources.

Mass layoffs at Project Veritas.

A mass ouster of staff members from conservative media team Job Veritas today has actually left the business’s future concerned, with a threadbare team and also major fundraising worries, state recently laid-off staff members.
Job Veritas ended 5 staff members on Monday and also 20 on Thursday, according to 2 previous staff members that were given up. “We went from 43 to 18,” among those previous staff members informed The Daily Monster.

NEW YORK (AP) — The First Amendment protection for journalists should not keep prosecutors from seeing most evidence gathered in a probe of people connected to conservative group Project Veritas, a former federal judge appointed to the case said in a report Tuesday.

Barbara Jones told U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres that she recommends letting prosecutors view most of the 1,000-plus documents gathered through search warrants for a probe into how the group received a diary purported to belong to President Joe Biden’s daughter, Ashley Biden.

Neither Project Veritas nor any of its staffers have been charged with a crime. The group says its activities were newsgathering and were ethical and legal.

Jones, who formerly served as a federal judge in Manhattan, acknowledged that courts have long recognized a qualified evidentiary privilege for information gathered during a journalistic investigation.

But she wrote that the privilege is not absolute and that it offers the greatest protection when the information is gathered from confidential sources.

Her diary? Well, if that's all the conservative propaganda machine could get ahold of, they are clearly slipping. Time to call in Rudy Ghouliani to steal her laptop and cell phone.

A mass ouster of staff members from conservative media team Job Veritas today has actually left the business’s future concerned, with a threadbare team and also major fundraising worries, state recently laid-off staff members.
Job Veritas ended 5 staff members on Monday and also 20 on Thursday, according to 2 previous staff members that were given up. “We went from 43 to 18,” among those previous staff members informed The Daily Monster.

A Maui style fire through the building would be better, but this isn't bad either. The Wagner Group of US journalism.

A Maui style fire through the building would be better, but this isn't bad either. The Wagner Group of US journalism.
How many dead bodies would you like to see in this hypothetical "Maui style fire"?

James O’Keefe, the founder and until this past February CEO of the right-wing nonprofit Project Veritas, is currently under investigation by the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office.

While the exact nature of the investigation is not yet public, the timing would suggest that it relates to O’Keefe’s alleged financial improprieties during his tenure as the group’s chairman and CEO. Back in February, O’Keefe was accused of spending “an excessive amount of donor funds in the last three years on personal luxuries” by the conservative nonprofit’s own board of directors, amid their very public feud over the management and future of Veritas. Westchester DA Miriam Rocah’s probe follows a raft of civil lawsuits, criminal investigations, and six-figure court losses that have trailed the group under O’Keefe’s leadership—including a still-active federal investigation into the theft of property belonging to President Biden’s daughter Ashley Biden.

including a still-active federal investigation into the theft of property belonging to President Biden’s daughter Ashley Biden.

I'm nobody's lawyer. But if this diary is as important as they seem to think, aren't there grand larceny charges out there?
Waiting to be filed?

Brought up in court?

Dayum.
Tom

Here's the difference I see between Hunter's laptop and a diary.

The claim that Hunter left it at a shop and never returned doesn't sound plausible to me. But it's not impossible, so people who prefer to believe it can do so.

But a diary? Ms Biden dropped her diary off for repairs somewhere? WTF?
Tom

How many dead bodies would you like to see in this hypothetical "Maui style fire"?
How many would it take to make the Will of God very clear in this particular instance?
Tom
I have to say as an atheist it could be either zero or 6 billion.
You seemed concerned about them. Enough to post about it.

Why?
Tom
I'm just amused by the never ending wishes, celebrations and jokes of death and destruction by progressives and the like on their political enemies. The Maui fire was extremely fast moving and destructive. A mile a minute. A "Maui style" fire in the Veritas building would certainly doom the inhabitants to an extremely terrifying and torturous death. Call me crazy but a wish like that, even on your "enemies" is a little disturbing, don't you think?

The claim that Hunter left it at a shop and never returned doesn't sound plausible to me. But it's not impossible, so people who prefer to believe it can do so.

Tom
If you actually took the time to see what a fucked up mess Hunter was, you would realize that him leaving his laptop for repair and forgetting about it was about the least reckless thing he's done in the last 10 years. This is a guy who drove something like 175 mph in a Porsche while smoking crack on a drive to go see some hookers! Who does that shit, other than cartoon characters?

There have already been convictions on that matter, but it is ongoing.

"They sold the property to an organization in New York for $40,000 and even returned to take more of the victim’s property when asked to do so."

Sounds like grand larceny to me. Receiving stolen goods is a crime.

But what do I know.
Tom

Tom
If you actually took the time to see what a fucked up mess Hunter was, you would realize that him leaving his laptop for repair and forgetting about it was about the least reckless thing he's done in the last 10 years. This is a guy who drove something like 175 mph in a Porsche while smoking crack on a drive to go see some hookers! Who does that shit, other than cartoon characters?
I do understand why people prefer to believe that. I can't say I know differently.
Tom

More lawsuits for James O'Keefe.

Right-wing media group Project Veritas is suing its founder James O’Keefe, accusing him of bullying employees, racking up massive personal bills on company accounts, and using Project Veritas resources to start a new, rival media shop.

The suit, filed Wednesday in New York federal court, comes amid a bitter rift between O’Keefe and Project Veritas, the far-right video sting operation he founded in 2010.

Back
Top Bottom