• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Proof of the bias of mainstream media lapdogs

boneyard bill

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Idealist
Some people here haven't figured out how the MSM in the US is a virtual puppet of the US government. So here are a couple of videos that show otherwise.

Jessie Ventura and Denk Yugur were both ditched by the MSM so you might want to claim that this is just a couple of guys complaining that they lost their jobs. But it's much more complicated than that especially with Ventura who got paid for three years just to keep his mouth shut on network TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHZSCFX8NRg

The second is even more interesting. Denk got fired for opposing the War in Iraq, but Abby Martin, who has a show on the Russian government station RT criticized the Russian government for it's takeover of Crimea and did NOT get fired. Denk also provides a good explanation for why the media will not criticize the government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFOuJeHMNrQ

So the Russian news media, even the state-owned media, is more free than our own privately-owned media. How times have changed.

Since we know our government lies, and all the media does is repeat those lies, there is really no point in paying attention to the media at all. You will get much better information on the internet, but even talk radio is not as much in the bag for Washington as the MSM is.

Ya, but its not like they are wrong... I don't get what sll the bitching is about.

His name is Cenk (pronounced "jenk").

And if the bias of the media bothers you, you can always just go back to FOX News. They're Fair and BalancedTM!

Jesse Ventura?

Some years back he did a conspiracy theory show. I used to respect him, not after that show, though.

Mainstream media? Enough with using the Rush Limbaugh crap.

Cable news channels are crap. We know this. The exclusion of Jesse Ventura isn't exactly the silver bullet to saving cable news.

Jesse Ventura is a freak. He had his moment in the sun. And nobody is shutting that blowhard up.

Hermann and Chomsky pointed out how major media becomes involved in a symbiotic relationship with the government in 1988.

It was one of the filters in their propaganda model.

People should read 'Manufacturing Consent'. It is an important book.

Hermann and Chomsky pointed out how major media becomes involved in a symbiotic relationship with the government in 1988.

The entire world's "free media" is in a symbiotic relationship with which government? The US? And the Russian government is the only one telling the truth?

The entire world's "free media" is in a symbiotic relationship with which government? The US? And the Russian government is the only one telling the truth?

You like to point out you haven't read the book don't you. The bliss.

The book is about the US media.

I didn't. I shouldn't have attacked your post. I assumed because this thread was started by Boneyard Bill that it was a thread about the western media vs. the "free" Russian media. But it raises an interesting point. There are many American's who get their news from international sources. For me, I read the BBC website each day. I don't see huge differences between the BBC and CNN. Is the BBC in collusion with the US government?

I didn't. I shouldn't have attacked your post. I assumed because this thread was started by Boneyard Bill that it was a thread about the western media vs. the "free" Russian media. But it raises an interesting point. There are many American's who get their news from international sources. For me, I read the BBC website each day. I don't see huge differences between the BBC and CNN. Is the BBC in collusion with the US government?

There is not only one filter.

And if the BBC is reporting on the events of the US government it has to have some kind of relationship with people in the government who will give them something to write about. They need sources.

This need for sources just to do their job because the US government is not transparent is the beginning of the symbiotic relationship that allows the government to have some power over the so-called "news". Of course not total power.

There are many American's who get their news from international sources. For me, I read the BBC website each day. I don't see huge differences between the BBC and CNN. Is the BBC in collusion with the US government?

it isnt that hard ov a relationship to figure out if you think about the big picture. the rich 'elites' own most all the media in the world and also control too much sway over govts, thus the govts and media are reporting the the rich 'elites' point ov view

There are many American's who get their news from international sources. For me, I read the BBC website each day. I don't see huge differences between the BBC and CNN. Is the BBC in collusion with the US government?

it isnt that hard ov a relationship to figure out if you think about the big picture. the rich 'elites' own most all the media in the world and also control too much sway over govts, thus the govts and media are reporting the the rich 'elites' point ov view
Man that sucks! How do the rich control the whole media? What system do they use? I'm amazed that the rich in all western countries have the same opinions! It's incredible how the all put out the exact same message!

Man that sucks! How do the rich control the whole media? What system do they use? I'm amazed that the rich in all western countries have the same opinions! It's incredible how the all put out the exact same message!

They all want to perpetuate the system that has made them rich.

Their control over the media allows a bad system to remain despite it's incredible instability.

Their control over the media allows a bad system to remain despite it's incredible instability.

Well, I'm just curious regarding the mechanism that allows all rich people, across the world, to coordinate the exact same message, to all the world's western media (sans the Russian media - the only unbiased media) at the exact same time!

Well, I'm just curious regarding the mechanism that allows all rich people, across the world, to coordinate the exact same message, to all the world's western media (sans the Russian media - the only unbiased media) at the exact same time!

probably by email or phone, or in closed door meetings, the same way the insider trading on 9/11 was coordinated or the same way bilderberg does it

Harry: You're not curious enough. What makes you think you only have a problem "when all the rich people of the world coordinate the exact same message." That isn't how it works. We have a plethora of rich liars and media buyers giving us their tailored lies on this or that network. The girl who quit RT just verifies that all the mainstream news systems are special interest...including the Russian one.

These media systems are NOT IN LEAGUE WITH "THE GOVERNMENT." They are in league with their owners' interest....definitely not yours or mine. It only seems subtle to someone who does not analyze what they are being told. The rich have their own interests. They buy just enough media to keep you OUT OF THEIR WAY, and they buy just enough government officials to get their way. For big ticket issues like war mongering, it means they buy quite a lot of media and quite a lot of senators and congressmen and of course...the president. Rich people buy people in both of the parties. Can't you see what that makes your vote worth? Zip!

Most of the mainstream media is clearly in the hands of the military industrial complex, and other big corporations either connected with oil or finance or agribusiness. You need to listen for what they DO NOT DISCUSS. That is what one of the clips in the OP was all about...Contractually shutting mouths. They really don't care what goes on on TV or radio as long as it does not discuss their warts...and keep people like you trusting and entertained enough to stay OUR OF THEIR WAY.

Thank you bill. And thank you Cenk and Jesse. It's good to know there are some that suffer the same psychological disorder I do. See ya in the rec room guys.

Cable news channels are crap. We know this.
We who? I'd like to see a national poll of who thinks the cable news channels are crap. Give them a choice of crappy cable news channel A-FOX, B-MSNBC, C-CNN, or D-It's all a bunch of lying-ass crap in collusion with the government. I'll bet "D" doesn't take 1st place.

What I would have liked to have seen is Cenk address the control of the internet by the players, our last bastion.
And along with everything else covered by Cenk and Jesse is the dumbing down of the populous. Keep them ignorant and devise this horseshit media that not only doesn't inform but divides the heard so they can fight with each other. So they won't join together and demand any real change. Article Five, indeed! Not in this America.

Back
Top Bottom