• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Pussy Galore is dead

Michelle Yeoh, there is only second place for others.

I think there is a place for all the Bonds. I find, given time, my views of each of them change. I think Dalton is under-rated. Brosnan, to me was real good for the role, but with the exception of the first two films, the rest were awful. I like Goldeneye a bunch more because Eric Serra did the score and I like his alternative musical style. Connery is likely the best, but most people don't like going with the best person. I liked Moore's Bond more when I was younger, now days, those films definitely feel campy. Craig is great. I think they cloned Connery and gave him more muscle to get to Daniel Craig.

Best Bond theme song? For me, The World Is Not Enough by Garbage.

Worst song? Live and Let Die by Sirpaul. Most particularly when played by our local high school band at football games. Oh, the horror!

Last edited:
Worst song? Live and Let Die by Sirpaul. Most particularly when played by our local high school band at football games. Oh, the horror!
Live and Let Die sounds like three potentially decent, but completely unrelated, songs that got placed in a blender.

Music overall for Never Say Never Again was terrible... and perfectly suited to a rather forgettable Bond film that seemed to be more a relaxed over the weekend project than an actual film.

I have to go with the all time classic, Shirley Bassey's Theme to Goldfinger. Even with lines like "he such a cold finger" don't matter with her voice and that arrangement.

But here is a question - best song that wasn't, but should have been, used in a Bond film. I nominate Witch by The Bird and The Bee from their album Ray Guns are not just the Future. It has all the orchestrations, great voice and the lyrics could easily be fit to a Bond film.

aHa's The Living Daylights is much better live.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiGFGtwId1c[/youtube]

I have to go with the all time classic, Shirley Bassey's Theme to Goldfinger. Even with lines like "he such a cold finger" don't matter with her voice and that arrangement.

But here is a question - best song that wasn't, but should have been, used in a Bond film. I nominate Witch by The Bird and The Bee from their album Ray Guns are not just the Future. It has all the orchestrations, great voice and the lyrics could easily be fit to a Bond film.
Yes (of all bands) has Spirit of Survival which also has a Bond-esque feel to it.
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2CDIPwpgj4[/YOUTUBE]

Never cared for the Pierce Brosnan Bond films. They always seemed a little campy to me, lacking the grit of Sean Connery or Daniel Craig.

don't like the Bond films much, but Brosnan is the worst of the regular Bonds

Never cared for the Pierce Brosnan Bond films. They always seemed a little campy to me, lacking the grit of Sean Connery or Daniel Craig.

don't like the Bond films much, but Brosnan is the worst of the regular Bonds

I mixed up Brosnan with Roger Moore. It was the Moore films I thought were campy. I didn't mind Brosnan but he was far from the best.

Back
Top Bottom