• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Putin's lies. Why do Russians believe him?

If you ignore everything I say you might think that.

Are you the gloop maker?

If you are and you need to know if anyone noticed. I heard the gloop. Your job is done.

Are you a believer the US president is in any way different from Putin?

All the many people at the receiving end of US violence don't see the difference I assure you.

Are you a believer the US president is in any way different from Putin?

Yes. The president is elected in an election that isn't rigged and he is limited in what he can do. Congress has real power. Our Judiciary actually is trusted.

All the many people at the receiving end of US violence don't see the difference I assure you.

There are actually fewer people on the end of American violence traceable to the president than there are people subject to violence initiated by Putin.

Funny how people still want to come to America even with our stupidity whereas ambitious people from Russia, like Musk, can't wait to get to get out of Russia.

..... not that there's an evidence test here versus a blather rant.

Yes. The president is elected in an election that isn't rigged and he is limited in what he can do. Congress has real power. Our Judiciary actually is trusted.

Bush was elected twice in rigged elections. One time he was just granted the presidency by a partisan Supreme Court. You can't get more rigged than that.

And who trusts our judiciary? Innocent victims in Guantanamo?

Blacks murdered by the police?

Obama has deliberately murdered US citizens convicted of no crime.

You can't get worse than that.

Bush was elected twice in rigged elections. One time he was just granted the presidency by a partisan Supreme Court. You can't get more rigged than that.

And who trusts our judiciary? Innocent victims in Guantanamo?

Blacks murdered by the police?

Obama has deliberately murdered US citizens convicted of no crime.

You can't get worse than that.

Americans seem devoted to going to the polls and voting for what they perceive as the slightly lesser of two evils. When the Russians watch us, they feel reassured that Putin is their man (whether it is true or not). We allow ourselves the stupidity of doing that, yet some seem to think the Russians should not be allowed to do that. I think Putin and many national leaders all over the globe are frequently mindless self promoting asses with little or no grasp on the environmental conditions that prevail and no clue how to lead their nation through the mine field of environmental sins we all lay out day after day.

Funny how people still want to come to America even with our stupidity whereas ambitious people from Russia, like Musk, can't wait to get to get out of Russia.

Musk is not russian. And in that regard US has advantage over whole world, not just Russia.

And Congress has been a fucking joke for the last decade or two.
President in Russia certainly has more power compared to US one. But this is usual situation in countries without much self-governance culture which Russia is undoubtedly is. Russia has been centrally controlled throughout most of its non-ancient history and especially during soviet time. Recent attempts to give more real power to local elected officials have been unsuccessful to say the least.
My educated opinion on this is that you need a couple of generations of "fat" economy with educated middle class who know what they are doing to get to decent democracy. Look at South Korea, until very recently they had been fucking military dictatorship and US was fine with it. Only when they became a descent economy they started switching to democracy.

Met two Russian college students who were in US for a research conference. I jokingly said that our country might be about to elect a leader that is similar to theirs in being a bat-shit crazy narcissist. They visibly cowered as though fearing the wrath of God was about to strike.

That revealed a lot about how Russians view their current leader, basically similar to how they viewed Stalin. There is nothing like that in the US currently.

Met two Russian college students who were in US for a research conference. I jokingly said that our country might be about to elect a leader that is similar to theirs in being a bat-shit crazy narcissist. They visibly cowered as though fearing the wrath of God was about to strike.

That revealed a lot about how Russians view their current leader, basically similar to how they viewed Stalin. There is nothing like that in the US currently.
It's very likely that you misread their reaction. It's an established scientific facts that different cultures have rather different physiognomics especially when it comes to smiles.

Back
Top Bottom