• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Quantum Mechanics- The Science of Absolute Connection

Thomas II

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Atheist

Quantum Mechanics – the science of absolute connection​

https://www.unimedliving.com/scienc...chanics states that the,in between is a grand

Quantum Mechanics states that the Universe is made up of space filled with fields of vibration, interconnected, unified and in constant communication, where distance and time are of no consequence; where one end of the Universe moves connected and in relationship to the other end and everything in between is a grand movement or dance held in space. In truth then, our lives and indeed everything in the entire universe are not only all connected, but absolutely so, with no separation.

Quantum Mechanics – the science of absolute connection​

https://www.unimedliving.com/science/everything-is-energy/quantum-mechanics-the-science-of-absolute-connection.html#:~:text=Quantum Mechanics states that the,in between is a grand

Quantum Mechanics states that the Universe is made up of space filled with fields of vibration, interconnected, unified and in constant communication, where distance and time are of no consequence; where one end of the Universe moves connected and in relationship to the other end and everything in between is a grand movement or dance held in space. In truth then, our lives and indeed everything in the entire universe are not only all connected, but absolutely so, with no separation.
Distance and time are very clearly not "of no consequence", and quantum mechanics is explicit about the fundamental importance and consequence of both.

The amount of utter nonsense pushed by people who haven't bothered to understand anything beyond "most people don't know enough about quantum mechanics to contradict me if I tell them it says whatever I claim it says" exceeds, by many orders of magnitude, the amount of genuinely significant conclusions we can draw from it.

Suffice to say that quantum mechanics produces identical results (to within our ability to measure) as those of classical physics, within the macroscopic domain in which all human interactions occur; So we are still (and always will be) separated from everything by distance and time, just as we always were.

We can do some useful and interesting things with semiconductors and microelectronics today that we couldn't do a century ago. That's no excuse for going all 'New Age Woo' about it.

There are lots of woo woo artists out there peddling bad quantum woo woo. This connection physics is based on entaglement. Everything is entangled, all is one. But entanglement is fragile and easily collapsed by interaction with matter, baryons, hadrons, fermions. That is why quantum computers are so difficult to build.

The OP strikes me as yet more mystic-physics nonsense. I'm familiar with the math of quantum mechanics, so that's how I know.

Ok. Thank you for your ideas and approaches to the exploration of the concept that all is *one* *interconnected* and *entangled*.
That is my guess too.

So how is everything connected?

Ok. Thank you for your ideas and approaches to the exploration of the concept that all is *one* *interconnected* and *entangled*.
That is my guess too.

It’s not?

Even in QM, the releativistic ban on FTL communication — influences — holds. Entanglement cannot be used to convey any information instantaneously.

Here is a similar take to the one linked in the OP, this time by a professor of theoretical physics who blames Christianity for destroying a monism he says is resurrected by QM.

That is my guess too.

I think we only get to that point if we are whittled down cooled to near absolute zero into a Bose-Einstein condensate.

We don't want to do that!

Quantum Mechanics scares the heck out of me because matter can act as a wave. WTF is that about?

In the many worlds interpretation and superdeterminism interpretation all this alleged interconnection goes away, though.

Maybe some of your own thoughts instead of a bunch of videos?

A point of order, matter does not act like a wave, we describe it as a wave based on our thig, math, and instruments. At least as I see it.

I see it as an expression of energy.

Theoretically a baseball could be subjected to a slit diffraction experiment.

To me what QM says is we probably have no idea of what reality actually is. That is what the particle wave duality tells me.

The blind men and the elephant. One grabs a leg and says it is a tree. The other grabs the trunk and says it is a snake.

To me what QM says is we probably have no idea of what reality actually is. That is what the particle wave duality tells me.
Reality is quantum mechanics. There's no "duality"; Reality isn't partly particles and partly waves, it's neither. And it certainly isn't several different and mutually exclusive things at once. That's just woo.

The only problem is that humans have evolved in an environment where classical physics was good enough; So we tend to gravitate towards classical descriptions, like "particle" or "wave", which don't actually apply to quantum reality.
The blind men and the elephant. One grabs a leg and says it is a tree. The other grabs the trunk and says it is a snake.
That was an utterly crap analogy when it was used by religions as an apologetic for the fact that religions disagree on the nature of God; It's not any less crap in this context.

The entire story is a bullshit attempt to sneak in the claim that the story teller is the only person who sees clearly; It's a lesson in how to be a braggart while maintaining a pretence of humility.

It certainly has no value in this discussion.

That is my guess too.

It’s not?

Even in QM, the releativistic ban on FTL communication — influences — holds. Entanglement cannot be used to convey any information instantaneously.
The problem with FTL stems from applying FTL in various reference frames.

However, this leaves open the possibility that FTL is possible but only in a defined reference frame. That would not be incompatible with relativity saying there is no defined reference frame because it might only be meaningful when dealing with FTL.

If the Beatles were around today maybe there would be a song Quantum File;ds Forever.

The Uncertainty Principle.
QM is like a bird chirping in the forest. You think you are getting close but it always seem to be somewhere else. You can never be certain what and where it is.

QM is like a fart in the wind, you know it is there, and it seems to be everywhere.

QM in reality is a set of equations that lead to predicable results when applied, like designing a tranasistor, photo detector, or a laser.

The rest is philosophy, scifi babble, mystical pseudo science. It has gotten hard to watch scfi anymore, it is just so plain stupid.

Some people can not distinguish betwen science and science fiction, and freely conflate the two.

If the Beatles were around today maybe there would be a song Quantum File;ds Forever.

The Uncertainty Principle.
QM is like a bird chirping in the forest. You think you are getting close but it always seem to be somewhere else. You can never be certain what and where it is.

QM is like a fart in the wind, you know it is there, and it seems to be everywhere.

QM in reality is a set of equations that lead to predicable results when applied, like designing a tranasistor, photo detector, or a laser.

The rest is philosophy, scifi babble, mystical pseudo science. It has gotten hard to watch scfi anymore, it is just so plain stupid.

Some people can not distinguish betwen science and science fiction, and freely conflate the two.

Would it be too much trouble to summarize what those videos say, and offer some of your own opinions on the subject?

Back
Top Bottom