• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Queen Elizabeth's Brooch Fu...

Keith&Co.

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
I'm here...
My wife read an article by a woman who studies jewelry, with a bit of fascination with the Queen's collection.
I can't find that article, but most of the points are summed in this one: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/queen-elizabeth-message-donald-trump-brooch

The first day Trump was in town, QE wore a brooch given to her by the Obama's. A personal gift, not a lavish one, of rather simple materials. It was intended to be only of sentimental value.

The day she met Trump, she wore a brooch her mother wore to her father's funeral. _IF_ she was sending a message, which the Palace won't comment on, she might have been calling that day the darkest day since George VI's funeral 60 years ago.

And the third day, she wore one that was a gift from Canada... Possibly taking sides.

I don't know if it was intentional, though it seems unlikely that it was pure coincidence. And impossible to know for sure what the intended messages might have been. I mean, she apparently doesn't own an "I'm With Stupid" brooch.

But it is kind of nice to imagine a leader with a grasp of subtle... Restraint.

Which makes me imagine Trump stomping through the Residence, asking who has a particular tie he wants to wear.

"Where's the shitgibbon tie? I want the press to see my shitgibbon tie when I meet with the Democrats!"

Subtle - but the Queen has been around the block so to speak. I'm sure it was intentional.

I would be very much surprised if this was not intentional on the part of the Queen.

I think the orange tangerine who is the current occupant of the white house should not be wearing a US flag lapel pin - he is a traitor.

I think the orange tangerine who is the current occupant of the white house should not be wearing a US flag lapel pin - he is a traitor.
Meh.
I really don't care what he wears. Fools and idiots think that the lapel matters more than his actions do.

I don't usually wear a flag pin. Right after 9/11, someone tried to give me shit over not mounting a flag on my car.
I said I've DONE the patriotism, I don't need a patriotism costume.

My wife read an article by a woman who studies jewelry, with a bit of fascination with the Queen's collection.
I can't find that article, but most of the points are summed in this one: https://www.teenvogue.com/story/queen-elizabeth-message-donald-trump-brooch

The first day Trump was in town, QE wore a brooch given to her by the Obama's. A personal gift, not a lavish one, of rather simple materials. It was intended to be only of sentimental value.

The day she met Trump, she wore a brooch her mother wore to her father's funeral. _IF_ she was sending a message, which the Palace won't comment on, she might have been calling that day the darkest day since George VI's funeral 60 years ago.

And the third day, she wore one that was a gift from Canada... Possibly taking sides.

I don't know if it was intentional, though it seems unlikely that it was pure coincidence. And impossible to know for sure what the intended messages might have been. I mean, she apparently doesn't own an "I'm With Stupid" brooch.

But it is kind of nice to imagine a leader with a grasp of subtle... Restraint.

Which makes me imagine Trump stomping through the Residence, asking who has a particular tie he wants to wear.

"Where's the shitgibbon tie? I want the press to see my shitgibbon tie when I meet with the Democrats!"

Wow...this would be quite extraordinary, if true. Are there other sources to confirm it? Has Tiger Beat weighed in on the matter yet?

Are there other sources to confirm it?
Ultimately, of course, the only source that could really confirm it would be Buckingham, and as stated, they're not saying.

Buckingham is the county town of Buckinghamshire, an area that was the seat of the Dukes of Buckingham; It is also the correct form of reference to the Duke himself - However the title is currently vacant, so asking him would be difficult.

The entity that could potentially confirm is Buckingham Palace, which is rather different.

In 1703, the then Duke of Buckingham built a house in Westminster (close to the House of Lords, to save a long commute), which was called 'Buckingham House', and this house was later purchased by King George III for his wife, Queen Charlotte, and became known as 'The Queens House'. Queen Victoria made it her official London residence on he ascent to the throne, since when it has been known as 'Buckingham Palace'; The original house still remains in part as the core of the present day palace complex.

[/protocol_nazi]

I guess this is why i don't get invited to the Palace
I think we all know why you aren't getting invited. ;)

I was just going to post an article about this. I have zero doubt she did it on purpose. Royal shade!

https://shareblue.com/trump-uk-visit-queen-elizabeth-president-obama/

I wonder what Trump gave the Queen... maybe another CD by Elton John autographed by Trump :rolleyes:
He gave him what?!! I managed to miss that.

Presumably he gave a Trump signed copy of The Clash's debut album.

I guess this is why i don't get invited to the Palace
I think we all know why you aren't getting invited. ;)

I was just going to post an article about this. I have zero doubt she did it on purpose. Royal shade!

https://shareblue.com/trump-uk-visit-queen-elizabeth-president-obama/

I wonder what Trump gave the Queen... maybe another CD by Elton John autographed by Trump :rolleyes:
He gave him what?!! I managed to miss that.

Presumably he gave a Trump signed copy of The Clash's debut album.

Donald Trump has confirmed he has prepared and autographed a CD of Elton John’s Honky Chateau album, featuring the song Rocket Man, to be given as a gift to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

I don't know if he ever actually gave it to Kim Jong-un, or if he chickened out

Back
Top Bottom