• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

QUESTION: If Obama had been able & willing to run for a 3rd term, would the HRC supporters here have drafted her to run against him?

QUESTION: If Obama had been able & willing to run for a 3rd term, would the HRC supporters here

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
No. I like him a lot. All of the things I like about Clinton, I like about him more, plus he has some things she doesn't.
He's not perfect, he's not even close to delivering everything I want, but I like him as president a lot.

QUESTION: If Obama had been able & willing to run for a 3rd term, would the HRC supporters here have drafted her to run against him?

Vote and discuss.
What do you mean by "HRC supporter"? I voted for Sanders in the primary, but supported her in the General Election because the idea of Trump being President frightened the hell out of me.

No. I like him a lot. All of the things I like about Clinton, I like about him more, plus he has some things she doesn't.
He's not perfect, he's not even close to delivering everything I want, but I like him as president a lot.

I think almost everyone likes him, now. Nothing like being contrasted with a giant classless, idiotic, boorish orange buffoon to make you look good, y'know?
It was nice having a President who wasn't a total and constant embarrassment.

Vote and discuss.

I'm not sure how one would draft a presidential candidate, and also not sure how anyone here would have any say in such a draft, but I would have voted for Obama over Hillary, so I voted "not sure".

As it is, I voted for Bernie over Hillary, and would likely have voted for Bernie over Obama.

In a world without a two term limit, I would see no reason why the Democrats would run someone other than Obama. I certainly wouldn't have preferred her over him. I actually would have preferred Biden over the other options.

Clinton should have known that her day was done when Obama beat her. Obama shouldn't have given her a leg up with her cabinet appointment. There are lots of should and shouldn't'ves in this. I can only hope that now the Clintons and all their creatures will crawl away and die somewhere I don't have to see them anymore.

I never supported Clinton for any other reason than to stop Trump. Since she couldn't do that, I have no further use for her at all.

Obama has been a generally good president. My main complaint is that his "when they go low, we go high" strategy has backfired spectacularly, both at home and abroad. However, the comparison to Trump will make him seem great. He will to us what Reagan is to the Republicans.

Had Obama been able to run for a 3rd term and did so I'd have voted for him. I doubt he'd have a primary opponent if he did. I don't know that he would have been willing to run for a 3rd term. While I do wish we had better choices than HRC or Bernie I'm of the mindset of "blue no matter who" in our current political climate. If I'm not inspired by the Democratic candidate, I'll still vote for him/her in an effort to stop the Republican. Cold hard pragmatism; the same applies down ballot.

no, because I'm a democrat. I'd never vote against an incumbent in my party that was doing a good job.

Back
Top Bottom