• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Racism And Kamala Harris

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
Now that Kamala Harris is running for President of The United States, far right racists like Sebastian Gorka are now playing the racist, misogynist games. Harris is being painted as a black woman who did not rise because of her abilities and talents and hard work, but by being a token black woman, a DEI candidate. and this in rather crude terms. What all this really is is rank racism, the beating heart of the right winged GOP ideology. Only European right winged White males need apply for positions of power. Atwaterism is alive and well in GOP politics.

Atwater: Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "Nigger, nigger, nigger". By 1968, you can't say "nigger"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this", is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "Nigger, nigger". So, any way you look at it, race is coming on the back-burner.

I see this Atwaterism arising on X. And right winged media. Paint me disgusted.

Don't forget about the sexism. They will also say she had sex to get jobs... use your imagination to write the talking points.

I don't follow the dumpster fire formerly known as Twitter, but I'm not the least bit surprised. The next 100 days or so will be thinly veiled racism and misogyny from the GOP, and blatant racism and misogyny from the likes of Gorka, Charlie Kirk, and the other right wing ghouls. Oh, and how about that whole narrative that Trump would be a "changed man" after his experience, and would run as a "unifying candidate?" That shit lasted about a nanosecond. Side note, the right wingers on social media are blaming the Secret Service failure on the fact that the Director is a woman, and that there were female agents on Trump's detail.

This is going to get really, really ugly.

It will be interesting to see how racist they get, and how that affects the black voters they have been trying to attract lately.

On a petty side note, I'd love it if Biden resigned just before the end of his term, making Harris the 47th president, so all that Trump 47 merchandise will now be out of date.

I don't follow the dumpster fire formerly known as Twitter, but I'm not the least bit surprised. The next 100 days or so will be thinly veiled racism and misogyny from the GOP, and blatant racism and misogyny from the likes of Gorka, Charlie Kirk, and the other right wing ghouls.

Thinly veiled?

Don't forget about the sexism. They will also say she had sex to get jobs... use your imagination to write the talking points.
Yup.
Gotta give you some Kudos, Adam.
You’re already half right and it’s not even August. Now, if we can get Cheato to croak, you will have been correct from the start (or before the “start”): neither Donny nor Joe will be on the ballot.

Ever black person over 18 and eligible to vote better get out and do it this election. The stakes are too high.

Ever black person over 18 and eligible to vote better get out and do it this election. The stakes are too high.
Well, technically we've lost a lot of blood due to the 2016 results, but it'd be nice to keep the tourniquet on.

Seeing a lot of attacks on Twitter. Mostly sexist, saying she slept her way to the top, some pretty nasty, and a few making fun of her laugh.

On the other side I've seen image of Lisa Simpson in a future where she is president, along side of a pic of Harris wearing a nearly identical outfit. That did bring to mind that Marvel Comics had several comics of possible futures where Kamala Khan (Ms Marvel), who is from a Pakistani family, became president. So I'm posting pics of President Kamala ;)

It will be interesting to see how racist they get, and how that affects the black voters they have been trying to attract lately.

On a petty side note, I'd love it if Biden resigned just before the end of his term, making Harris the 47th president, so all that Trump 47 merchandise will now be out of date.
Actually, I thought that Biden had the better chance of beating Trump, especially since he’s done it before. And if he didn’t feel up to it, Harris would take over.

Back
Top Bottom