• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Ray Comfort on the stupidity of atheism/atheists

... snip ...

However, my opinion is that since Jesus didn't say homosexuality is OK, then Jesus believes it's not OK.

... snip ...
There are a hell of a lot of things you do every day that Jesus didn't say is OK. By your reasoning, since he didn't say it is OK then he believes it is not OK. You should cease doing anything that Jesus didn't explicitly approve.

Is this that stupid argument that goes, "The Bible never mentions Jesus going to the bathroom. I guess that means he wasn't a human being."

Can you cite ANY FUCKING PERSON making this exact "argument?"
Or is this more of your made-up-shit?

Because it looks to me like blip pretty well showed how your argument sucked, so you cast around for a completely different argument to derail with.

... snip ...

However, my opinion is that since Jesus didn't say homosexuality is OK, then Jesus believes it's not OK.

... snip ...
There are a hell of a lot of things you do every day that Jesus didn't say is OK. By your reasoning, since he didn't say it is OK then he believes it is not OK. You should cease doing anything that Jesus didn't explicitly approve.

Is this that stupid argument that goes, "The Bible never mentions Jesus going to the bathroom. I guess that means he wasn't a human being."
Dude, you are the one that said that, since Jesus didn't state that homosexuality was OK then, it is a sin he opposes.

Comfort mocks atheism and atheists mock Christianity.

You apparently haven't watched Comfort's description of how the banana was 'created'. It is a damned funny parody of creationist's arguments.

Or do you really believe that god designed the banana with ridges to fit the creases in human's hands, installed a pop tab for easy peeling, made the diameter to fit the human mouth, designed an arc to be easier to get to the mouth, etc.?

I'm curious why you think that if there is a God, then something like that would be too hard for God to do. He can create the whole universe, but can't find His way around a banana?

You apparently haven't watched Comfort's description of how the banana was 'created'. It is a damned funny parody of creationist's arguments.

Or do you really believe that god designed the banana with ridges to fit the creases in human's hands, installed a pop tab for easy peeling, made the diameter to fit the human mouth, designed an arc to be easier to get to the mouth, etc.?

I'm curious why you think that if there is a God, then something like that would be too hard for God to do. He can create the whole universe, but can't find His way around a banana?

You obviously are incapable of recognizing a good parody. It has nothing to do with what a god, if one existed, could do.

No, it was offered as a proof of god, not a demonstration of something an omniscient being might be capable of. So, sure, he could have designed the banana that way except for:

1) acknowledging the 'could have' does not advance the banana as proof of 'he did do'
2) he did not. Flat out. The banana Comfort used was the result of quite a bit of genetic modification, thus unlike the wild banana any possible deity may have provided for humans. So, also useless to prove any gods exist.

Consider the coconut. It does not fit the human hand. It does not have an easy to open 'pull tab'. It does not fit the human mouth.

Consider the coconut. It does not fit the human hand. It does not have an easy to open 'pull tab'. It does not fit the human mouth.

But cut in half, it does allow us to make 'clippy-cloppy' sounds. Without coconuts, we couldn't pretend to be riding a horsey, and Monty Python and the Holy Grail wouldn't exist.

Truly, the Lord is great, though he moves in mysterious ways. (He doesn't even have a horse, he's just got a man following him with two halves of a coconut shell).

If it weren't for god's power how do you think a swallow could carry a coconut hundreds of miles during migration? Hmmmm?

If it weren't for god's power how do you think a swallow could carry a coconut hundreds of miles during migration? Hmmmm?

Actually, that is a good question. How did they evolve the ability to do that? Did the earliest birds only carry the coconut a few miles and it gradually increased over time? Seems unlikely they woud have the ability to carry it hundreds of miles in the first generation.

It's like how evolutionists can't answer, "How did pregnancy evolve?" Pregnancy is either all or nothing. You can't have a 3 month pregnancy, then the next stage a 4 month pregnancy. It's all or nothing. Seems very unlikely pregnancy evolved gradually step by step.

Actually, that is a good question. How did they evolve the ability to do that? Did the earliest birds only carry the coconut a few miles and it gradually increased over time? Seems unlikely they woud have the ability to carry it hundreds of miles in the first generation.

It's like how evolutionists can't answer, "How did pregnancy evolve?" Pregnancy is either all or nothing. You can't have a 3 month pregnancy, then the next stage a 4 month pregnancy. It's all or nothing. Seems very unlikely pregnancy evolved gradually step by step.

This would be hilarious satire coming from anyone else. But I have a dread feeling that you are completely serious, and genuinely believe that these are good points in favour of your religious belief.

This would be hilarious satire coming from anyone else. But I have a dread feeling that you are completely serious, and genuinely believe that these are good points in favour of your religious belief.

Took you more time to write that response than it would have to just answer the question.

Dunning K...

Took you more time to write that response than it would have to just answer the question.

Not even close.

Given the vast gulf of ignorance that would be required for you to seriously pose that question, an attempt to respond in terms you can hope to grasp could easily take several years - 'O' level biology is a three year course, based on a nine year primary science education, and you have clearly missed most of that. If I am bored enough later I might try to dumb it down to a level you might be able to comprehend. More as an exercise for myself and for anyone genuinely interested who might be lurking than for you - I strongly suspect that you already "know" that any answer I give is wrong, and that you will not learn a thing, because you are determined to avoid doing so.

Well if a 5 oz bird can carry a one pound coconut over such vast distances, I have confidence that half-life can come to terms with how pregnancy evolved. The key here is understanding the role the Stork once played in human reproduction.

Well if a 5 oz bird can carry a one pound coconut over such vast distances, I have confidence that half-life can come to terms with how pregnancy evolved. The key here is understanding the role the Stork once played in human reproduction.

Okay, fuck you.
I am starting my morning with the image of a stork carrying a baby...with teeny tiny pink baby hands clapping two coconut halves together as the wings flap.
If this image is still in my headspace thru the day, curses be upon you.

It's like how evolutionists can't answer,
Yes. Yes, coconut migration is exactly like how evolutionists cannot answer a question you have not actually asked them, but crow about your victory.

I really don't understand how Halfie isn't getting the joke about Coconuts and Swallows... Does he seriously not know where that's from?

I mean he could just Google "Coconut Swallow" and get his answer about how swallows "evolved" to "carrry coconuts", the answer being something about not being able to get a horse on set, but LOL the irony.

For instance, scienceblogs.com, then search for 'science of monty python'. Or just read chapters 1-2 of Genesis. Like Bush 43 said, 'Let's teach the controversy!'

Back
Top Bottom